starting strength gym
Page 2387 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 13871887228723372377238523862387238823892397243724872887 ... LastLast
Results 23,861 to 23,870 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Disagree with the premise that it couldn't be a shaped charge.

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: I am not directly aware of the TTPs and technologies of military underwater demolitions. My analysis is purely speculative based on my understanding of the situation and previous study and experience with unclassified information.

Firstly, hydrostatic shock and pressure can be used to redirect, and this make more efficient, a shaped charge's penetration of a harden surface. It is an old breacher's trick that you can breach a steel door with nothing more than det cord and an IV bag. The nature of underwater demolitions must change the dynamic.

Secondly, we dealt with EFPs (Explosively Formed Projectiles) where a high-heat, self-sustained charge would melt a disc of metallic material into a molten penetrator that would draw the rest of the charge into the cavity. It was capable of breaching tank side armor. Concrete has a very low tensile strength, and doesn't hold up well to explosive pressure. It might also ignite the gas depending on the oxidation and fuel mix (and therefore cause a larger secondary/tertiary explosion).

Thirdly, the depth of the attacks is not terribly deep. This opens up the possibility of less capable dive and UUVs (not necessarily military).

Conclusion: everybody is, yet again, jumping to conclusions that they cannot justify or prove. I'm not saying it wasn't us. I'm just saying no one knows. Except for the strategic intelligence capabilities of nation states, no one is even sure of who was sailing in the area.

My strongest indicator that it was the US is how incredibly terrible the decision making track record is (intentional or not) of the Biden administration. There are plenty of people stupid and capable enough to have done this, but here's the kicker:

It doesn't matter. Everyone, especially the people with the militaries and nukes, has likely already decided who they will blame AND what they're going to do about it.

I don't know about you all, but I'm going to eat more steak in the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaFlat View Post
    Putin is in a political hot mess in Russia.
    Many highly placed Russians want his head on a pike (some are dying for thinking that way). It is in Vlad's best interest to take Russia's leverage (pipeline valve) away (much like burning the ship that got you there).
    His internal detractors would love to take him out, negotiate forever on some deal with Ukraine and make nice with Europe - "Oh Vlad was so bad and he'd be happy to make nice with Ukraine if he were available, and we of course will help Europe in its time of energy need with our handy pipeline".
    That option is now off the table. Vlad is now much more safe. Not even Vlad's internal detractors would rat him out for taking out the pipeline. Once exposed, they'd be dealt with and due to the new circumstances, all of Russia is (now) more committed to being alienated.
    GammaFlat said it better than me.
    Here here on the most important thread on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Fascinating coincidence that Kary Mullis died when he did. It appears he not only would have thwarted the narrative of the PCR test that created the mess of the last 3 years. He would have been a voice of reason and common sense against the climate fraud narrative.
    Climatology is a "Joke" - Nobel Laureate Dr Kary Mullis - YouTube
    I got to spend the weekend with Kary Mullis about 15 years ago. He was very patient with me. I appreciate seeing this video. Note carefully his comments at 9:22. And note that the little shits are trying to argue with him because he is not a Climatologist. Amusing.

Bumping this, because it's important:

The “Green Revolution” Is Impossible | Power Line

In light of the efforts of the California State Assembly to legislate away the laws of physics, with the approval of the voters, juxtapose this article and my climate comments here:

https://co2coalition.org/wp-content/...EC-6-17-22.pdf

Really, think about this: A 4.6 billion-year-old planet with an 8000-mile diameter, with a molten core (heat, etc.), with an atmosphere that is only 50 miles/240,000ft thick (being rather generous), that orbits a star only 93 million miles away with 330,000 times the earth's mass and that emits enough radiation to burn your naked ass in 30 minutes, is having its weather unalterably changed over the course of the next 5/10/15 years (whatever it is now) by the presence of a weak greenhouse gas, CO2, that happens to now be at its lowest level in damn near the entire history of the planet -- a history punctuated by global glaciations while that weak greenhouse gas was far higher than it is now -- and that also happens to be the basis of plant life (and therefore atmospheric oxygen), a gas whose greenhouse effect is dwarfed by that of water vapor (on a planet with a surface area that consists of 70% water), and that geologically is currently in an interglacial period. The models that generated this political bullshit have predicted nothing correctly -- not sea level change, polar ice cover, or weather.

And everybody believes it anyway, to the extent that they are handing the management of the world's economy to elderly megalomaniacs with an agenda based on their own personal power. You're not even allowed to question it -- otherwise sensible people have agreed with the ridiculous premise that CO2 is a deadly poison that must be eliminated from the surface of the earth. Every August, everybody runs around like it's not supposed to be hot. Every time there's a drought, everybody acts like it's the very first time it's been dry too long. "Hurricane season" started in June, and how many hurricanes have devastated the coastlines already inundated by the molten ice caps? How many times over the past 20 years of this shit have the hurricane predictions been correct?

Really, the children are in charge now, seeking validation for "caring about the planet," running around yelling about "carbon" -- the 4th most abundant element in the physical universe --being a deadly poison. Their managers are common criminals whose entire agenda is money and control, and we are letting it happen. It is the result of the shitty science education we received in the government schools, and it probably cannot be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Several new possibilities to consider. That's why this is the best thread on the internet.
    It really is. This is the only forum where I've gotten to hear many different points of view on the crazy things going on in the world, from people I've gotten to know here over the past 10 years. I'd much rather listen to people who aren't afraid to get under the bar, than a bunch of soy infused state media bots.

I'm not a religious person, and I'm not smart enough to know if there is or isn't a God. But I like this woman's strength and courage to speak her mind, and stand up for American's basic human rights and freedoms:

Karie Lakes Brand New Campaign Video You Have to See - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Really, the children are in charge now, seeking validation for "caring about the planet," running around yelling about "carbon" -- the 4th most abundant element in the physical universe --being a deadly poison. Their managers are common criminals whose entire agenda is money and control, and we are letting it happen. It is the result of the shitty science education we received in the government schools, and it probably cannot be stopped.
    I agree.

Unfortunately one needs an advanced degree in Rhetoric to be able to discuss the matter with these enlightened folk.

Actually, skip that point. They're religious zealots, and no amount of discussion will persuade them of their righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaFlat View Post
    Putin is in a political hot mess in Russia.
    Many highly placed Russians want his head on a pike (some are dying for thinking that way). It is in Vlad's best interest to take Russia's leverage (pipeline valve) away (much like burning the ship that got you there).
    His internal detractors would love to take him out, negotiate forever on some deal with Ukraine and make nice with Europe - "Oh Vlad was so bad and he'd be happy to make nice with Ukraine if he were available, and we of course will help Europe in its time of energy need with our handy pipeline".
    That option is now off the table. Vlad is now much more safe. Not even Vlad's internal detractors would rat him out for taking out the pipeline. Once exposed, they'd be dealt with and due to the new circumstances, all of Russia is (now) more committed to being alienated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    GammaFlat said it better than me.
    Here here on the most important thread on the internet.

Links/Articles/Reports/Analysis?

Without those this sounds like HOPIUM that's being smoked. Yes, the blogger Navalny has his followers, but remember where he was trained and you'll realize he's just a plant we (the US) hope to use sometime down the road for repeat of the Maidan.
    Beyond that Russian blogger, you've got those St. Pete and Moscow council members who voted to chastise Putin, who are really just kook outliers, like the San Francisco Town Council, a point Ritter made coherently in one of his recent videos.
    There is no visceral dissent against Putin that is not an astroturf movement: just look at the election results, time after time.
    If you (plural) cannot provide evidence to back up why or how Putin is "on the ropes" domestically, but nevertheless feel in your guts that he's a fading influence, I guess that's OK: everyone has their version of reality that they cling to, myself included. But now let's run through how awful it will be for the Russian people, and indeed the rest of the world, if our country manages to gift "liberal democracy" to the Russians, Maidan-, Libya-, Cuba-, Iraq-, or Kosovo-style.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Fascinating coincidence that Kary Mullis died when he did. It appears he not only would have thwarted the narrative of the PCR test that created the mess of the last 3 years. He would have been a voice of reason and common sense against the climate fraud narrative.
    Climatology is a "Joke" - Nobel Laureate Dr Kary Mullis - YouTube
    I strongly doubt it was a coincidence.

Because my chronically contrarian mind can’t leave well enough alone, something ELSE to consider, from a very thoughtful fellow:

Important Ukraine War Update - by Charlemagne - NeoReactor

Everyone expected this mess to be over in two weeks; eight months later, this might be why.

*why it’s still not.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    So you are suggesting blowing up a pipe full of gas from the inside?
    I know popular opinion is that Russians are dumb and prone to do silly things, but they are not this silly, or dumb.
    I'm suggesting that it wouldn't have been that difficult, regardless of which side it was done on.

Are you saying it would make it way too easy to spot? Or that it would light the entire line up? I can definitely picture the latter (and that could be the common sense result and I'm stupid) but I really don't know. They're under water so it's being flooded the second it breaches + any combustion would be limited by the amount of oxygen in the pipe originally. Again though, no clue & no hard claim that's how they would have done it, or even that they did do it.