starting strength gym
Page 2390 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 13901890229023402380238823892390239123922400244024902890 ... LastLast
Results 23,891 to 23,900 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    You make a fair point Jovan but the track record of what happens when our government (and especially our State Department) conjectures is terrible. Just drop the idea to enough Americans to form a voting block that some country is suffering from the abuses of some alleged dictator, and the bombs start flying and the magic happens, all to the cheers of the voters.

Bottom line is Putin came in at a time when American oligarchs were looting the country, yet rather than get in on $ome of that he opted to turn things around. Yes perhaps his mind has changed since then, but the ca$h-in vs. risk-of-getting-caught ratios have surely only worsened since 2000, so I'm a lot less likely to distrust his motives or ultimate aims.
    I like Putin myself, I think he is a capable president and I kind of trust him to be the least bad option for Russia as long as he is there. I just do not necessarily think his position within the Kremlin is as bulletproof as presented.

More from LawDog:

Nordstream II (Electric Instapundit) | The LawDog Files

"As I said in the previous post — and I will continue to say — none of this rules out intentional Acts of War. There are idiots enough in that region that sabotage can’t be discounted.

How-some-ever … hydrate plugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I don't know that seems kind of retarded. I read a lot of Qposting on 4chan of stories like that about the US presidential election. The idea that you could have a parallel military structure that wants to fight Russia but doesn’t out zelenskey for it is hard to believe. There’s been quite a few coups or soft coups where the military or state has gone against its leader and never once has it stayed silent.
    If true then the paratroopers would have “captured” zelenskey immediately.
    I don't know, I think the author of the video is at least on to something. I can add some things I noticed. Zelensky has appeared before a ridiculous green screen Kiev multiple times. Many of the initial explosions happening in Ukraninan cities looked much more like sabotage than missile strikes. A lot is fishy there. I pegged him as a Russian stooge too, just on a hunch. I am not sure we can just apply basic logic to a war like this one and call it quits. There are factions within factions, there is far more deception than actual fighting and so on.

California update: Gov. Newsom Signs Legislation Making California a “Sanctuary state” for Sex Reassignment Procedures

Interestingly, in conjunction with signing-off on all this woke legislation, Newsom made a few comments about Biden that are were less than supportive.

…Biden has “learned the hard way” that attempts to unite MAGA Republicans and Democrats around common values won’t work right now, California Gov. Gavin Newsom said on MSNBC.

Asked whether it’s a “fool’s errand” to try and bridge the gap between the left and right, Newsom said it is at the moment.
    He's right about that. A new map is the only answer.

New York Update: Paramedic Murdered In NYC, Politicians Say Don't Call Police - Victory Girls Blog

Here’s how to respond to a “challenge” according to Councilwoman Tiffany Caban and Assemblyman Zorhan Mamdani:

The guide from the two Democrats urges small business owners to dial 311, seek mental health services for people with mental illnesses, and engage in “community mediation” instead of calling 911 to summon the police when there is trouble in many cases.

It also advises merchants to “give the person causing harm the chance to correct their behavior” before seeking intervention.

“Say `no’, `Stop”’, or `That is not Okay,’” the guide says.

This wants me to break things. Good people have been injured and now killed, and what do progressive politicians want their constituents to do when someone is being stabbed to death? Calmly ask them to “please stop.” Let’s freaking hand them a tissue and a Starbucks gift card as a bribe to get them to stop. What could possibly go wrong?? Oh wait, NOW WE KNOW.
    Why are you still there?

And what does the FBI do to people who question the 2020 election of "Joe Biden"? Stacey Abrams loses Georgia voting rights lawsuit on all counts – HotAir

Full text of Putin's post-referendum, "unhinged" speech.

Such self-confidence is a direct product not only of the notorious concept of exceptionalism – although it never ceases to amaze – but also of the real ”information hunger“ in the West. The truth has been drowned in an ocean of myths, illusions and fakes, using extremely aggressive propaganda, lying like Goebbels. The more unbelievable the lie, the quicker people will believe it – that is how they operate, according to this principle.

But people cannot be fed with printed dollars and euros. You can't feed them with those pieces of paper, and the virtual, inflated capitalisation of western social media companies can't heat their homes. Everything I am saying is important. And what I just said is no less so: you can't feed anyone with paper – you need food; and you can't heat anyone’s home with these inflated capitalisations – you need energy.

That is why politicians in Europe have to convince their fellow citizens to eat less, take a shower less often and dress warmer at home. And those who start asking fair questions like “Why is that, in fact?” are immediately declared enemies, extremists and radicals. They point back at Russia and say: that is the source of all your troubles. More lies.

They do not give a damn about the natural right of billions of people, the majority of humanity, to freedom and justice, the right to determine their own future. They have already moved on to the radical denial of moral, religious, and family values.

Let’s answer some very simple questions for ourselves. Now I would like to return to what I said and want to address also all citizens of the country – not just the colleagues that are in the hall – but all citizens of Russia: do we want to have here, in our country, in Russia, “parent number one, parent number two and parent number three” (they have completely lost it!) instead of mother and father? Do we want our schools to impose on our children, from their earliest days in school, perversions that lead to degradation and extinction? Do we want to drum into their heads the ideas that certain other genders exist along with women and men and to offer them gender reassignment surgery? Is that what we want for our country and our children? This is all unacceptable to us. We have a different future of our own.

Let me repeat that the dictatorship of the Western elites targets all societies, including the citizens of Western countries themselves. This is a challenge to all. This complete renunciation of what it means to be human, the overthrow of faith and traditional values, and the suppression of freedom are coming to resemble a “religion in reverse” – pure Satanism. Exposing false messiahs, Jesus Christ said in the Sermon on the Mount: “By their fruits ye shall know them.” These poisonous fruits are already obvious to people, and not only in our country but also in all countries, including many people in the West itself.
    Say what you will about the man, but he's not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

He's right about that. A new map is the only answer.
    The "Coastal Elites" as Victor Davis Hanson likes to call them, have always regarded Bakersfield and Fresno as something like a bad smell that they wish would just go away. The San Joaquin Valley has absolutely nothing in common culturally with anywhere along the coast. The values of the okies that came there in the 1930s is still very strong. Hollywood and the bay area are what is, and has been, wrong with California for a long time. Corrupt to the core. Split the state in half right down the center vertically. Let the the bay area code their food. See how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Full text of Putin's post-referendum, "unhinged" speech.

Say what you will about the man, but he's not wrong.
    It is unlikely that clip will be reproduced in the MSM.

Do you think he’s using the truth as propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Maybe he's simply trying to contrast himself with "Joe Biden."

From Ticker, greedy sociopath Daszak continues his parasitic profession. See the last few sentences of the abstract for a study granted last month.

RePORT ? RePORTER

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    It is unlikely that clip will be reproduced in the MSM.

Yes, why not? We live in upside down world now, where the scary russkies are destroying our country by the minute? Oh wait, that's our own "elected" government destroying our country from the inside out, and blaming them for it?