starting strength gym
Page 2395 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 13951895229523452385239323942395239623972405244524952895 ... LastLast
Results 23,941 to 23,950 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post

If Ukraine as a whole wants to become neutral that is their choice not Russia's.

The elided parts are easy to agree on. Partly because none of us understand Ukraine and its balkanization over the centuries.

But the issue is about the use of Ukraine by the US, and not about Ukraine's self-determination. Our involvement there is not in the least bit honorable (aside from certain enthusiastic individuals who throw themselves into the fray). This has become a sordid piece of US history.

Our incompetent government has committed multiple acts of war against the Russians. A stronger nation would have responded to this already.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    Why would I care what Elon Musk tweets about after his wines and sleeping pills lol?
    Since you asked. No, I think a Nation shouldn't use a referendum from an invader to decide it's policy. They can Fuck off to Russian land if they want to live in Russia.
    How bout you? Should an American state be allowed to join Canada? What about just a street? A single house hold? Does it need to be Canada/ an already established country? Or can they vote to start their own? Hell, what if part of Russia wants to join Ukraine? Think Putin is cool with that?
    If Ukraine as a whole wants to become neutral that is their choice not Russia's.
    The argument that the defenders are responsible for deaths on either side is just bizarre.
    You are not Elon's equal; he is much better than you.
    You are a jackal mocking a lion.
    It would be silly for anyone to pretend otherwise.

This has gone over your head; the poll questions were rhetorical.
    -As IPB pointed out, the US has in recent history used democratic referendums to justify war against Serbia, among other nations.
    -You also don't seem to realize the current country of "Ukraine" was created only 30 years ago by the same type of democratic referendum: 1991 Ukrainian independence referendum - Wikipedia
    -American/NATO leadership claim to respect democracy, however they are not willing to respect democracy in Crimea and Ukraine.

Russia can defend its people and its borders when it is threatened; it's Russia's choice, not Ukraine's.
    I agree, it is a bizarre argument for you to claim the defenders are responsible for this war.

Climate change is fun and productive to lie about, if you are Government: Shellenberger: Media Is Lying About Climate & Hurricanes | ZeroHedge

The increasing cost of hurricane damage can be explained entirely by more people and more property in harm’s way. Consider how much more developed Miami Beach is today compared to a century ago. Once you adjust for rising wealth, there is no trend of increasing damage.

Claims that hurricanes are becoming more frequent are similarly wrong. “After adjusting for a likely under-count of hurricanes in the pre-satellite era,” writes NOAA, “there is essentially no long-term trend in hurricane counts. The evidence for an upward trend is even weaker if we look at U.S. landfalling hurricanes, which even show a slight negative trend beginning from 1900 or from the late 1800s.” What’s more, NOAA expects a 25% decline in hurricane frequency in the future.

What about intensity? Same story. Explains NOAA, “after adjusting for changes in observing capabilities (limited ship observations) in the pre-satellite era, there is no significant long-term trend (since the 1880s) in the proportion of hurricanes that become major hurricanes.“ Bottom line? “We conclude that the data do not provide compelling evidence for a substantial greenhouse warming-induced century-scale increase in: frequency of tropical storms, hurricanes, or major hurricanes, or in the proportion of hurricanes that become major.
    https://cms.zerohedge.com/s3/files/i...?itok=iOE119vq

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    You are not Elon's equal; he is much better than you.
    You are a jackal mocking a lion.
    It would be silly for anyone to pretend otherwise.
    Ok Pedo guy. BTW, giving Ukraine support / resources bad right? Elon Musk on Twitter: "@FedorovMykhailo Starlink service is now active in Ukraine. More terminals en route." / Twitter

-You also don't seem to realize the current country of "Ukraine" was created only 30 years ago by the same type of democratic referendum: 1991 Ukrainian independence referendum - Wikipedia
    -American/NATO leadership claim to respect democracy, however they are not willing to respect democracy in Crimea and Ukraine.

Russia can defend its people and its borders when it is threatened; it's Russia's choice, not Ukraine's.
    I agree, it is a bizarre argument for you to claim the defenders are responsible for this war.
    Except I do and have already mentioned that it's been 3 decades of Ukraine being its own country. Recognized by the entire World, INCLUDING Russia. You're looking back 30 years to justify more killing for something that is clear cut. One country invaded another Internationally recognized (including by the aggressor) country. The mental gymnastics to call an invading army "defending." Ya dozy.

I'll tell ya what though, since we're looking at shit that happened decades ago. Maybe I'll support Russia's referendum when they show the 60 million + people the Ukrainian Government killed.

-As IPB pointed out, the US has in recent history used democratic referendums to justify war against Serbia, among other nations.
    This is not true. Kosovo declared independence in 2008, the 1999 campaign was done as a "humanitarian intervention" - this may be termed dubious in a court of law, but there were no referenda back then.

I've still been reading while absorbed in my own depressing world in western Australia. We've finally decided to end our state of emergency. The catch to that is they are just transferring all the power from the politicians to the cops. They'll even be allowed to confiscate houses if they require them. So exciting.

But as a mildly interesting piece of trivia for parts of Ukraine leaving or not, for many years there was a part of WA known as Hutt River Province, which became it's own country decades ago when after a tax dispute the man refused to recognise the Australian government. They had their own currency and passports, everything. Was an interesting tourist spot. He died not long ago and the son caved in and struck a deal on paying the Australian taxation Office back. Having lived in a country that hated me for not having the jab, I think anyone should be allowed to make their own country if they've got the means. Can't be much worse than what we've got now.

Anyone else think that the reason the government wants you to drive electrical cars, is, because if the authorities don't like you, they can lock you out of your car easily?

Quote Originally Posted by vkp78 View Post
    Anyone else think that the reason the government wants you to drive electrical cars, is, because if the authorities don't like you, they can lock you out of your car easily?
    Yes. This is obvious. Electric cars are much more amenable to central control.

On the other hand, they’re not much use to emergency responders in a hurricane disaster. That may be how Biden and company intends to deal with Floridians and like.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    I've still been reading while absorbed in my own depressing world in western Australia. We've finally decided to end our state of emergency. The catch to that is they are just transferring all the power from the politicians to the cops. They'll even be allowed to confiscate houses if they require them. So exciting.
    You poor bastards, you are only beginning to deal with the trauma. My advice is to just let it go, it has happened, it cannot be undone.