starting strength gym
Page 2396 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 13961896229623462386239423952396239723982406244624962896 ... LastLast
Results 23,951 to 23,960 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

An act of international terrorism was committed, and the US Secretary of State then immediately got in front of the TV cameras and told the people what a tremendous opportunity this presented. It's easy to see who the bad guys are in this whole thing. Why are we even going back and forth over this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is not true. Kosovo declared independence in 2008, the 1999 campaign was done as a "humanitarian intervention" - this may be termed dubious in a court of law, but there were no referenda back then.
    This is not real? 1991 Kosovan independence referendum - Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    Ok Pedo guy. BTW, giving Ukraine support / resources bad right? Elon Musk on Twitter: "@FedorovMykhailo Starlink service is now active in Ukraine. More terminals en route." / Twitter
    Except I do and have already mentioned that it's been 3 decades of Ukraine being its own country. Recognized by the entire World, INCLUDING Russia. You're looking back 30 years to justify more killing for something that is clear cut. One country invaded another Internationally recognized (including by the aggressor) country. The mental gymnastics to call an invading army "defending." Ya dozy.
    I'll tell ya what though, since we're looking at shit that happened decades ago. Maybe I'll support Russia's referendum when they show the 60 million + people the Ukrainian Government killed.
    Keep going.
    You look more and more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    They'll even be allowed to confiscate houses if they require them. So exciting.
    Mostly if your caught growing Mexican tomatoes in the roof space or a have a drug lab in the bedroom. So you really need to know who is renting your property and whether you can trust your newest girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mostly if your caught growing Mexican tomatoes in the roof space or a have a drug lab in the bedroom. So you really need to know who is renting your property and whether you can trust your newest girlfriend.
    No. It is actually completely and utterly pandemic management related. So if they need to use your house as a quarantine hub they can do so with no need to seek approval from anyone. The only thing they need to do is get advice from our chief health Officer. They don't even need to follow that advice either. And it was all rammed through state parliament with no time for debate because people here voted for a narcissistic psycho with complete control of both houses.

But yes they can do that stuff too.

More from Steve Kirsch on how to answer folks who claim he's "not a subject matter expert"

Passing the blue pill "credibility test"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Our incompetent government has committed multiple acts of war against the Russians. A stronger nation would have responded to this already.
    It's incredible, Rip. With all the weapons that have been provided alone, I don't understand how at least ONE military base of ours hasn't been bombed.
    Of course that would lead to an escalation but everything is being escalated by the West anyway. My main issue with what you have said is that I think you're mixing up restraint as weakness. I mean, I guess the Chinese could've or should've done more about Pelosi sticking her nose job in things, too. Perhaps they see the cat-and-mouse game being foisted upon them and by trying to define the terms of the military engagement on their own, irrespective of what NATO does, they're refusing to play along and get sucked in.
    Holding the referenda in response to the pipeline terrorist attack was a great move and I expect to see more as their Secretary of State is amazing, obviously their Finance people are prescient for the way they so proficiently deflected the blow of sanctions, making NATO take the economic hit and look like fools, and it seems they got a whole host of other quite intelligent people working over there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    We all had referenda to ditch the Serbs in 1991 when they went apeshit, but Kosovos referendum is legally dubious as it wasnt grounded in Yugoslavias constitution - it was considered an autonomous province of Serbia, not a federal republic. The Kosovo Liberation Army started hostilities in 1995-96 (in the early 80s really, even though they didnt have a cool sounding name back then). The proximal cause for the 1999 NATO intervention was the fact that the Serbian government started implementing an ethnic cleansing campaign which was threatening to turn into a large scale disaster, hence the need for a humanitarian bombing, as crazy as that sounds, but nobody even mentioned the 91 referendum, much less used it as the excuse for the bombing. Check out UN resolution 1244.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    -As IPB pointed out, the US has in recent history used democratic referendums to justify war against Serbia, among other nations.
    Not exactly, and apologies for being too cryptic.
    Kosovo seceded de facto (but not de jure) from Serbia in 1999, following the NATO bombing campaign (and the establishment of Camp Bondsteel).
    The referendum was held many years later, to ratify the situation on the ground; one of the justifications for these developments was that the Kosovar community had the right to self-determination. So the referendum came way later.

While I am here, I am with smokeyjones when he says national borders should not be changed by referenda imposed from outside actors (The parting of the Czech Republic and Slovakia is an example of a consensual change). There is no need to dismember a country in order to respect the right of ethnic minorities.

The case of Kosovo and the Russian areas of Ukraine seems almost identical; in both case, you have an ethnic group claiming persecution, and starting activities that are labelled as terrorism by the central government, which retaliates. An outside actor steps in and helps this ethnic group to secede.
    Apart from the validity of the original claim (remember that one of the first acts of the Ukrainian government after the Maidan golpe was to ban the use of Russian language), the striking difference is that the intervention of NATO (without a mandate from the UN) was called a humanitarian mission, while the intervention of Russia is an aggression.

I think this blatant double standard is very hard, if not impossible, to defend, and those who think Kosovo has a right to exist but not Donetsk have some convincing to do, imho.

IPB

starting strength coach development program
    An Estimated 30,000 Americans Were Killed by Ventilators & Iatrogenesis in April 2020

This examination concludes that, contrary to popular belief, there was no uniquely deadly strain or variant emanating out of New York in spring 2020; this is clear from the fact that several states close to New York such as Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine experienced little to no excess deaths during that time period.

On the contrary, over 30,000 Americans appear to have been killed by mechanical ventilators or other forms of medical iatrogenesis throughout April 2020, primarily in the area around New York.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Also, re Putin's speech. I see why the Russian women like him. I followed links to the "President of Russia" site and read one of his others about Ukraine. In words, at least he does not come across as a madman at all. Address by the President of the Russian Federation President of Russia
    You might appreciate this speech as well.
    Putin's Historic Speech Must Be Experienced in Full
    As well as this discussion and analysis regarding it and related issues. The Great Game This Week: Is the Oligarchy's Script Broken?