starting strength gym
Page 2405 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 14051905230523552395240324042405240624072415245525052905 ... LastLast
Results 24,041 to 24,050 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    Wow, more than halved the crime rate, a trend which continued for well over a decade possibly approaching two.
    Did they hire more cops? Keep criminals locked up longer?
    Whatever it is I'm sure NY has been doing the opposite.
    It was a gang problem. They took a very serious approach to intervention, put a lot of them in jail, wrote a lot of tickets, confiscated a lot of property, and generally made it very undesirable to be a fuckup. So yes, the opposite of NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If that doesn't sound like a huge pain in the ass, I don't know what does.
    There should be a good supply of eunuchs to take care of the day-to-day before long.

What a creepy thing for the Selective Service to tweet right now:

Parents, if your son is an only son and the last male in your family to carry the family name, he is still required to register with SSS.
    Will vax refusal be a way to dodge the draft, or are they just gonna strap you down and needle rape you before shipping you off?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It was a gang problem. They took a very serious approach to intervention, put a lot of them in jail, wrote a lot of tickets, confiscated a lot of property, and generally made it very undesirable to be a fuckup. So yes, the opposite of NYC.

Wow, great job by your local officials. They understand the biggest source of crime.

I just opened up the first ever 'personal note' paper mailing from Gov. Hochul. The desperation is palpable, and the cluelessness is appalling.

I was able to scan it into text here for your amusement.

Governor Kathy Hochul

Dear John,

Before campaign season gets too busy, I wanted to write you a personal note about the Governor's race this vear and explain why it's so important.

With our fundamental rights and freedoms under attack, [2nd Amendment Kathy?] New York has stepped up and led the way: we did it with gun safety reforms, we did it with abortion rights protections, and we did it with the strongest voting rights law in the nation.

However, my most important job as Governor is ensuring that all our communities are safe.

Whether it's a subway in Brooklyn or in my hometown of Buffalo, we're fighting to end the scourge of gun violence in every community. We have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into community violence prevention initiatives, tightened background checks for concealed carry permits, and raised the age to purchase a semi-automatic weapon to

21. There is still much to be done, and I will continue to work with federal, state, and local partners to ensure that our communities are safe.

I have made it my top priority to protect the reproductive rights of women, and that is why I signed into law a package of bills that protect women who seek abortions as well as the doctors who perform those services.

Our fundamental right to vote must be protected. That is why I signed into law the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Act of New York, which expands voter protections beyond what is required by the federal government.

While I've been working hard to move our state forward - protecting our fundamental rights, keeping our communities safe, and investing in infrastructure, schools, and housing

- others seek to roll back our progress. My opponent, Lee Zeldin, has been a loyal ally of Donald Trump. He led efforts against Trump's impeachment, voted against certifying the 2020 presidential election results, and refused to support an investigation into the January 6th insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

This year, extremism is on the ballot, [hahaha] but together we can defeat it. I hope you'll join me to fight back against far-right attacks on our fundamental rights and ensure that New York continues to lead the nation in protecting them. I would be privileged to have your support, and if you have any questions, please reach out at kathy@nydems.org. Don't forget to vote by November 8.

Sincerely,
    Kathy Hochul

PAID FOR BY THE NEW YORK STATE DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE
    This idiot thinks that legal gun ownership is the cause of the 'scourge of gun violence.' As though guns are committing violence.
    And she refuses to fix the broken justice/bail reform catch/release that routinely unleashes deranged psychopaths to terrorize the citizens, tourists, visitors, and business owners.

She makes a great case for her opponent Lee Zeldin, which polls currently indicate are a statistical tie.

Hopefully our former cop mayor wakes the fuck up. It's delicious watching him squirm as Gov. Abbott and others inundate the NYC shelter system, while still trying to balance leftist open borders and sanctuary city ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Will vax refusal be a way to dodge the draft, or are they just gonna strap you down and needle rape you before shipping you off?
    It will be mandatory.
    The only people who fooled into wanting a war with Russia lived through the Cold War; nobody is going to willing allow themselves to be drafted into this war and the cops don't have the power or will to enforce it.

...They also require all immigrants and undocumented aliens to register for sss.
    I am sure they readily do so and get ready to die for their host nation, just like they did in Ukraine and Russia. (Over 80,000 illegal aliens fled Ukraine within the first week of the war) Foreigners who fled Ukraine team up to help others escape
    I am sure they will obey the laws without expecting special treatment this time.

Another interesting development this year has been the nationwide passage of state laws prohibiting the release of booking photos under most circumstances.
    These bills look to have quietly passed regardless of which party controls the state legislature.
    Very strange how coordinated it is.
    Bill prohibiting release of booking photos passes House judiciary committee review | Local News | thesheridanpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

I thought that was obviously a joke and didn't bother to look it up to verify. I wonder if that was a committee or a directive from above to remind people of that.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    The only reason why that is bad news is because australians don't have guns anymore.
    Yes they do

12ft |

Kaiser discovered that people who are triple-vaccinated not only are more likely to be infected with COVID-19, they are more likely to suffer severe illness and die from the disease, reported investigative journalist Daniel Horowitz.
    Thread by @FLSurgeonGen on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App

Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    This idiot thinks that legal gun ownership is the cause of the 'scourge of gun violence.' As though guns are committing violence.
    And she refuses to fix the broken justice/bail reform catch/release that routinely unleashes deranged psychopaths to terrorize the citizens, tourists, visitors, and business owners.
    No, she doesn't think this. She thinks you will believe it if she keeps saying it. And she doesn't have the money to keep violent criminals in jail since her tax base moved to Florida. And they won't move back to pay her bills.

Why are you still there, again?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Yes they do
    How many Australians have guns?

When corporate virtue signalling goes horribly wrong:

Ukraine's LAMEL cosmetics brand a couple of days ago announced the release of a new lineup of makeup products to celebrate the bombing of the Crimean bridge. Today LAMEL's warehouse in Kiev has been destroyed by a Russian cruise missile.

And for today's medical industry disappointment: In gold-standard trial, colonoscopy fails to cut rate of cancer deaths - STAT

The trial’s primary analysis found that colonoscopy only cut colon cancer risk by roughly a fifth, far below past estimates of the test’s efficacy, and didn’t provide any significant reduction in colon cancer mortality. Gastroenterologists, including Bretthauer, reacted to the trial’s results with a mixture of shock, disappointment, and even some mild disbelief.

“This is a landmark study. It’s the first randomized trial showing outcomes of exposing people to colonoscopy screening versus no colonoscopy. And I think we were all expecting colonoscopy to do better,” said Samir Gupta, a gastroenterologist at the University of California, San Diego and the VA who didn’t work on the trial. And, he said, it raises an uncomfortable question for doctors. “Maybe colonoscopy isn’t as good as we always thought it is.”
    Maybe.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    It will be mandatory.
    The only people who fooled into wanting a war with Russia lived through the Cold War; nobody is going to willing allow themselves to be drafted into this war and the cops don't have the power or will to enforce it.
    Who is supposed to be drafted into what war?