starting strength gym
Page 2434 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 14341934233423842424243224332434243524362444248425342934 ... LastLast
Results 24,331 to 24,340 of 30185

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Haven't got time to watch this, but supply/demand/price is as good a law as gravity. To be honest, prices here in the southwest have been stable for several months now. The price of diesel has been constant for weeks. Either the supply is stable wrt the demand, the demand is somehow stable commensurate with the supply, or the supply -- in this case, the reserve -- is actually adequate to meet the normal gap between sales and supply to the sales point. Were shortages an actual looming threat, price would indicate that, and it hasn't. This isn't to say that it won't, but it hasn't as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Even in the Christian tradition there's a concept of repentance and punishment. Forgiveness isn't a replacement of those.
    I'm not Christian. My moral code has very little in the way of a demand for forgiveness. In the old days, even among the peaceful there was recompense when a wrong was done. Indeed, it is that idea of recompense that kept the society functioning. Otherwise, there is no trust- no social contract. If all I have to do is beg forgiveness after wrongdoing what is the justice system for?
    "I'm sorry" when said in a meaningful sense is powerful. This is not that.
    They broke the social contract in a major way. They destroyed businesses, life savings, people died alone. If we are to have no recompense, no justice, then I say we no longer have a contract.
    We are to forgive as we were forgiven by Him, but even redeemed you live with the consequences of your sin. The damage the drugs did, the prison sentence for murder, or the financial ruin of cheating people and getting caught - until you die you still live every day a sinner in a broken world. It's why Hell is good news. I think we all want to see justice done for all the wrongs, but it just won't ever be perfect in this world. Hell is the perfect justice, and it's not being poked in the ass with pitchforks and burned. The Hell of being wholly separated from God ends with being cast into the lake of fire -- a euphemism for annihilation. Gehenna, after all, was the trash pit outside of the southern wall of Israel where refuse was burned.

Agree with you socially and civically, though. The danger doesn't come from lying politicians, corrupt pharmaceutical companies or the WEF. The real danger comes from the degradation or ruin of the systems, philosophical and real, that we all depend on to function as a society. It's why war won't be the answer, though it may be inevitable. It's why hanging people in some Nuremburg 2.0 won't save your kids from starving if society collapses. As Rip says, the children are in charge, and they stand poised to ruin everything in their pride and ignorance.

It's why you have to be ready to defend, save and rebuild. You'll need to reach out and reorganize with your family and community. I'm just tired of being angry, I suppose. I'm ready to forgive the people I know and love. I'm ready to do the hard work with them, and I earnestly pray that the big fall never comes.

Israel Health Minister’s faction ousted from Knesset in historic vote | America's Frontline News

Safe and Effective: A Second Opinion (2022) Oracle Films | News Uncut
    Safe and Effective: A Second Opinion shines a light on Covid-19 vaccine injuries and bereavements, but also takes an encompassing look at the systemic failings that appear to have enabled them. We look at leading analysis of pharmaceutical trials, the role of the MHRA in regulating these products, the role of the SAGE behavioural scientists in influencing policy and the role of the media and Big Tech companies in suppressing free and open debate on the subject.
    ------
    While this is positive news, what would happen if the authorities actually made Bitcoin and other crypto illegal?
    Another Big CBDC Flop… Here’s What Really Comes Next (Hint: It’s Not What the Elites Hoped For) - Financial Underground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Haven't got time to watch this, but supply/demand/price is as good a law as gravity. To be honest, prices here in the southwest have been stable for several months now. The price of diesel has been constant for weeks. Either the supply is stable wrt the demand, the demand is somehow stable commensurate with the supply, or the supply -- in this case, the reserve -- is actually adequate to meet the normal gap between sales and supply to the sales point. Were shortages an actual looming threat, price would indicate that, and it hasn't. This isn't to say that it won't, but it hasn't as of now.
    Doomberg was referring to certain specific regions where diesel supply is reaching code red. Primarily the North East region of the US. This is due to a confluence of events.
    Here are some of the issues he discusses:
    - Lack of refining capabilities which hasn't been sufficiently updated since the 1970s
    - PADD issues. Such as local refinery shut down, like in the case of PADD 1
    - Certain prohibitory laws such as the Jones act
    - Necessities and demand due to the winter. Namely, heating oil, which is essentially (according to Doomberg) dyed diesel and is the same molecule suite.
    - Export prices being higher. Hence, some capacity has been taken by the EU market, which also happens as a side outcome because of the Jones act.
    This is a basic summary of the first 10 minutes.

------
    "Amnesty" is not the Solution to Disastrous Policy Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    J&J to buy heart pump maker Abiomed in $16.6 billion deal

J&J to buy heart pump maker Abiomed in $16.6 billion deal

Now, fancy that!
    This is the overall thing that hasn't escaped me. The same people who profited from pushing these shots out will also profit from treating the damaged they caused in the years to come. Medicine has become a pretty horrifying racket.

Jonathan Greenblatt on twitter:

The answer to the question “Do you have any antisemitic beliefs” is always “NO” without equivocation. We took @KyrieIrving at his word when he said he took responsibility, but today he did not make good on that promise. Kyrie clearly has a lot of work to do.
    Is this Nosferatu looking motherfucker actually trying to create antisemites? Let's get this straight: "blacks can't be racist", but for some inexplicable reason they can be "antisemitic". Makes perfect sense!

It's a tale as old as the hills: Stop With the Golems, Already! - Taki's Mag

This is a good piece. I still can't believe this clueless Ivy League bitch wrote this laughable amnesty shit -- the most tone-deaf piece in modern American history. Does she want us to forgive Hitler too? Pol pot? But this is useful:

Acknowledgment – We won’t get anywhere until the people who affected these catastrophic errors acknowledge their harm. This isn’t about “being right” – it’s a matter of human decency. Admitting a mistake - especially one that hurt people - goes a long way toward healing. The longer people refuse to admit their errors, the more the harm will continue to compound.

Accounting – We need to know what decisions were made and by whom. I cannot emphasize enough how crucial this is to moving forward. We cannot solve problems if we don’t know who or what caused them. And it should be understood that anyone who resists this process does not have problem-solving as their primary motivation.

Accountability – The people who made those decisions need to be held accountable. Leadership is not just about the right to make decisions – it’s about taking responsibility for those decisions. If an elderly person died alone at your direction, you are disqualified. If children were denied schooling, safeguards, and social interactions under your watch, you’ve already had your interview and failed. People who were hurt don’t want those who caused the disaster in charge of the recovery efforts. The judgment of these ‘leaders’ has been tested and found lacking.

New Leadership/Representatives – The people who orchestrated and carried out these policies should step down/be removed and replaced, ideally with people who, throughout the hysteria, kept a cool head and proposed viable solutions. Without new leadership, we can expect the same results next time.

Safeguards – We need policies that check the powers that allowed this to happen. Endless emergency declarations and science funding mechanisms that hold researchers’ careers hostage to a prescribed narrative, for example, both need to be eliminated.

Commitment – The clean-up required here is immense and may take generations of repair. We must commit to checking out every second and third-order effect and correcting it to stay on course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is a good piece. I still can't believe this clueless Ivy League bitch wrote this laughable amnesty shit -- the most tone-deaf piece in modern American history. Does she want us to forgive Hitler too? Pol pot? But this is useful:
    I allow myself the fantasy that Dr. McCullough winds up in a key leadership position driving policy in two years. Crisis recovery requires personality driven success.

starting strength coach development program
    It's astounding the level of gaslighting from the libs and the state media that's going on. So PP gets into some shenanigans gone wrong, and it's my fault? Wtf?

Paul Pelosi Initially Told Responding Police "Everything Was Fine" - YouTube