starting strength gym
Page 2438 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 14381938233823882428243624372438243924402448248825382938 ... LastLast
Results 24,371 to 24,380 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    We're supposed to have a "blood" full moon tonight followed by a lunar eclipse and Leonid meteor showers. Might be time to mix up a vesper martini...

My n=2... In our small town just outside of Madison, I voted in the middle of the day, my wife in the evening. I was voter 999 just before noon, and only had to wait behind one elderly couple. The flow of voters was steady at that volume.

My wife had to wait in line all the way outside for about 15 minutes total - which is more than we've seen here, or even than I ever saw in about 30 years in Madison itself, except on campus.

The poll workers were very nice folks, which is not atypical in my experience.

Local news outlets seem astonished (disappointed?) that there have been no problems at the polls, which is amusing....

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...62763019878400

"Every vote must be counted!" Unless we're terrified of a Kari Lake governorship. Then you can all fuck off. Just leave your ballot in this here unguarded box, and we'll totally count it correctly later. Also nothing is wrong with our voting machines that aren't working.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    We're supposed to have a "blood" full moon tonight followed by a lunar eclipse and Leonid meteor showers. Might be time to mix up a vesper martini...
    You're a couple of days late.

Blood moon was last night for me, around 11pm (6am your time, Mark).

Do you guys have postal voting? I haven't been to a polling booth in 20 years. If my vote won't matter I may as well not be inconvenienced by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The line at my polling place here in Wichita Falls this afternoon at 2:15 was the longest I have ever seen in any election. No problems. Everybody had an ID, amazingly enough.
    That’s good to hear!
    Up here in the shit hole of Canada, we’re rooting for you! At least those of us that aren’t mentally retarded. I’ve had a full on Republican boner the last day and a half.

If there were ever a "red wave" scenario, this was it, and it turned out to be a big fat dud. Pennsylvania is comically fraudulent, and no one is ever going to do a damn thing about it. Not that "Dr. Oz" is really much better than the Slingblade looking retard. What a clown country, holy shit. An unintelligible ogre with literal brain damage vs The Wizard of Oz. You really can't make this shit up, but they do.

It should be increasingly obvious to everyone that there will be no political solution. That's been true for a while, but now it looks like they aren't even going to bother opening the psychological pressure release valve anymore.

Key Points
    Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine EUA was granted based on early results from an interim analysis from the vaccine’s phase III clinical trial
    Deep examination of the results from this analysis suggest that the vaccine has an unfavourable profile with respect to severe events, with an increment of two to three cases of serious adverse events for every single case reduction of severe Covid-19
    The samples used for the analyses were selected post-hoc by unblinded investigators and did not follow protocol definitions, which implies possible biases, inflating both vaccine safety and efficacy assessments
    Abstract
    We demonstrate severe flaws in the procedure of approving Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine based on data from the vaccine’s phase III clinical trial. Specifically, we show that according to the official data, at the time the FDA granted the vaccine Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), it had already caused more harm than good: for every reduction of a single severe Covid-19 case, an increment of two to three serious adverse events (SAEs) had been observed in the trial’s vaccine arm. This alone, we believe, should have prevented the FDA from approving this vaccine without further data. In addition, we show significant violations and protocol deviations in the conduct of the trial, which allowed Pfizer to bias the results. In particular, the sample used for the main safety analysis was based on an arbitrary inclusion criteria, and the data cutoff date did not follow the protocol timing. As such, this sample may not be considered a random sample, as required for statistical inference. This implies that the reported results are unlikely to represent a realistic risk-benefit trade-off; in reality, it may be that both the risk is higher and the benefit lower than that reported by Pfizer.
    But, as it turns out, we deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    If there were ever a "red wave" scenario, this was it, and it turned out to be a big fat dud. Pennsylvania is comically fraudulent, and no one is ever going to do a damn thing about it. Not that "Dr. Oz" is really much better than the Slingblade looking retard. What a clown country, holy shit. An unintelligible ogre with literal brain damage vs The Wizard of Oz. You really can't make this shit up, but they do.

It should be increasingly obvious to everyone that there will be no political solution. That's been true for a while, but now it looks like they aren't even going to bother opening the psychological pressure release valve anymore.
    And every time an opportunity like this comes along, I fall for it like a little baby child, hoping that what's right actually matters in this terminally fucked-up country we have made. I didn't learn from the most graphic lesson imaginable: 90% of the population wearing diapers on their faces because they were just happily doing what they were told. Pennsylvania's new Senator is the whole thing in microcosm. We are sheep. We are not a free people, and this long experiment has come to a close. Gentlemen and ladies, we tried, but there aren't enough of us. California has won.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Election Watch: I'll be here till very late tonight, so your posts will not have to wait long. The Californians have already fucked up Maricopa County. We are watching.

But there may be some fun too: [url=https://babylonbee.com/news/record-numbers-of-voters-show-up-to-end-democracy]Record Numbers Of Voters Show Up To End Democracy |

Oct 30 2022 Brazil counted 118 million votes and announced a winner the next day. Arizona is struggling to count 2.6 million votes and won’t announce until Thur or later.

We have some heavy lifting to do to fix this.

David