starting strength gym
Page 2446 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 14461946234623962436244424452446244724482456249625462946 ... LastLast
Results 24,451 to 24,460 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    Russia pretty much going out of its way to start ww3 at this point.

"Whoopsies, we just attacked Poland." Un fucking real.
    Except, well, I'm sure there'll be plenty of other posts to this effect, turns out not...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't know. 76% of them are self described "meteorologists" with only a bachelors degree. Can we really call them scientists? Are they really just whores looking to become tv weathermen and weather girls? 60% work in porivate industry and only 8% are members of the geological professional association - the others are all wannabe weathermen and weather girls. Also, only 13% are over age 50 - they are young. They seem to beleive that man made activity is causing the great majority of harm. I wonder if the majority believes that top-down government imposed mandates that address generations of racial inequality and economic, patriarchal and colonial oppression are the best solution? Methinks yeah.

Who told you this? Why the fuck do you believe anything these crooked assholes tell you? Go squat. Its far more relevant to your life than worrying about what lying liars are saying about lies occurring (or not) halfway around the world to people you don't know.

This guy is a pretty good negative indicator. Everything he says is almost always 180-degrees opposite of the truth. He obviously works for MSNBC.

This is pretty funny:

Speaking to the crowd, Sadikin said, “Let’s have a digital health certificate acknowledged by WHO. If you have been vaccinated or tested properly, then you can move around. So for the next pandemic, instead of stopping the movement of the people one hundred percent, which [collapse] the economy globally, you can still provide some movement of the people.”

Sadikin went on to say that an agreement to have this digital certificate using WHO standards had been reached between the G20 countries and Indonesia.

“Indonesia has achieved… G20 countries have agreed to have this digital certificate using WHO standards, and we will suck it into the next World Assembly in Geneva as the revision to international health regulations. So hopefully, for the next pandemic, we can still see some movement of the people, some movement of the goods, and some movement of the economy.”
    The next pandemic. Scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    I don't know. 76% of them are self described "meteorologists" with only a bachelors degree. Can we really call them scientists? Are they really just whores looking to become tv weathermen and weather girls? 60% work in porivate industry and only 8% are members of the geological professional association - the others are all wannabe weathermen and weather girls. Also, only 13% are over age 50 - they are young. They seem to beleive that man made activity is causing the great majority of harm. I wonder if the majority believes that top-down government imposed mandates that address generations of racial inequality and economic, patriarchal and colonial oppression are the best solution? Methinks yeah.
    The cracks are bigger than they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The "financial sector" has operated this way since before I was even born.
    Yes, financiers have been doing drugs and investing poorly for a long time. But the insanity hit a crescendo with SBF, whose influence extended far beyond Wall Street. This guy embodied everything that's wrong with the technology industry, bent its culture towards his maleficence and degeneracy, and threatened to dominate it for 50 more years. I feel bad for the hundreds of thousands of people he defrauded, but I am so relieved to see him fade.

Shiva, how does a little turd like this rise to the level of "second biggest Democrat Party donor"? How was this wealth accumulation accomplished?

Jesse Watters blistering statement on FTX… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Shiva, how does a little turd like this rise to the level of "second biggest Democrat Party donor"? How was this wealth accumulation accomplished?

Jesse Watters blistering statement on FTX… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS
    Someone put up a meme/speculative post on Twitter indicating that the money is a slush fund from the black world that just gets passed on generationally. In this case, it started with Maxwell. When he died, it went to Epstein. Then when Epstein didn't kill himself, it passed to the weasel that started FTX. All the time frames tend to line up, particularly the end of Epstein and the beginning of FTX. Also, everyone's extra-curricular activities seemed to be of similar nature.

It's a money-laundering/shady business scheme used for purely political/intelligence purposes. On the short-term level, the money was starting with the Dem regime in the U.S., going to THE Ukraine, being invested by THE Ukraine in FTX, then being donated to the Dems. Rinse, repeat. I'm sure there are tons of other operations of similar structure being run. This one seemed to be one of the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Someone put up a meme/speculative post on Twitter indicating that the money is a slush fund from the black world that just gets passed on generationally. In this case, it started with Maxwell. When he died, it went to Epstein. Then when Epstein didn't kill himself, it passed to the weasel that started FTX. All the time frames tend to line up, particularly the end of Epstein and the beginning of FTX. Also, everyone's extra-curricular activities seemed to be of similar nature.

It's a money-laundering/shady business scheme used for purely political/intelligence purposes. On the short-term level, the money was starting with the Dem regime in the U.S., going to THE Ukraine, being invested by THE Ukraine in FTX, then being donated to the Dems. Rinse, repeat. I'm sure there are tons of other operations of similar structure being run. This one seemed to be one of the biggest.
    I thought it was a shell game based on

a - b = +1

where a is the price of crypo in one market, b is the price in another. SBF buys in market b, sells in market b, and adds 1 unit of wealth. Repeat ad infinitum. That is why they didn’t need more math than arithmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Yes and no. Yes, many “meteorologists” majored on a communication track in order to get that first TV job. Otherwise you had to study or major in physics to continue a science career. My school had two tracks and some very attractive people majored disproportionately in one.

But no, consensus is irrelevant in science no matter what the vote.

Rips post just establishes the media lie of reporting “overwhelming consensus”, a) it’s not overwhelming, and b) it doesn’t matter.

A heady brew of luck, fraud, bull market, family connections, unprecedented government intervention, unfettered access to venture capital, and a few genuine innovators who let their excitement for technology override ethics and diligence. But most of all, faking his nominal $15B wealth rather than making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Someone put up a meme/speculative post on Twitter indicating that the money is a slush fund from the black world that just gets passed on generationally. In this case, it started with Maxwell. When he died, it went to Epstein. Then when Epstein didn't kill himself, it passed to the weasel that started FTX.
    This is just ridiculously stupid. "Where should we stash this dark money? Oh, I know, two low-net-worth professors and their 25-year-old kid."

The more uncomfortable reality is that parts of the business world are really just this embarrassing.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Covid is not over.
    In Italy, apparently, you still have to wear a mask in hospitals or other medical environments.

I had to get some blood test done, but I refused to put it on and didn't get it.
    I have a hospital visit on Dec 2nd, if I refuse, they won't visit me and give me the medication I need for my arthritis.
    If I don't get the medication, almost certainly I will get an inflammation on both my knees that needs immediate care.
    If I go to the hospital to get it fixed, they will force the mask on me.
    If I refuse, I won't be able to walk again.
    I don't think I can buy the medication by myself from Pfizer (I know, right?), but even if I could, it's really expensive.

THIS is why I get fucking mad when they tell me "it's just a mask" or "get over it, covid is done".
    If you refuse to wear a mask in this country, you don't get access to basic healthcare basically, 3 years after the "pandemic" started.
    This does not sound like "over" to me.
    This restriction is in place until Dec 31st.
    I will not set foot in a hospital again until this shit is actually over.
    Man, you are just so young.