starting strength gym
Page 2448 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 14481948234823982438244624472448244924502458249825482948 ... LastLast
Results 24,471 to 24,480 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

God damn, this guy really put on a performance. The "good day" at the end was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    This is very plausible.
    It is the only explanation I have currently heard that connects everything in a logical way.
    Not everything has to be connected in a logical way. I just watched the television for 30 minutes here and then took a giant shit which was noteworthy for the amount of blood in it. Sure it makes sense that the physical consequences of consuming shit on tv caused my digestive system to hemorrhage, but there's probably not a connection.

The kid was a fucking idiot pencil neck with "billions of dollars" and a regular consumer of amphetamines. If I were in charge of a money laundering scheme I wouldn't entrust him to run a node of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Man, you are just so young.
    Hey, I'm open to advice.

What's going on with births down under in Australia?

You ready? Look at the data for the past 10 years. compared with 2021. What on earth could be CAUSING a combined 71% decrease in births from October to December? It’s been a bloody year so, it is unlikely to me that the data have not been processed and entered which would mean that these are the real numbers. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This guy is a pretty good negative indicator. Everything he says is almost always 180-degrees opposite of the truth. He obviously works for MSNBC.
    Let those who have never run after a false rumor cast the first stone.
    Here's an example, provided by yours truly.

COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    This is just ridiculously stupid. "Where should we stash this dark money? Oh, I know, two low-net-worth professors and their 25-year-old kid."

The more uncomfortable reality is that parts of the business world are really just this embarrassing.
    I still have the feeling Bankman and Robin are cardboard cutouts disguising someone who had an agenda that this whole thing has fulfilled somehow. Could be a power behind the throne who made off with that missing 1 billion, could be geopolitical interests who wanted to create a huge crypto scandal to set the stage for government digital currencies and massive crypto regulation. The fact that news isn't reluctant to cover the thing though, that suggests to me powerful people want this whole thing in the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Yes. He writes he is Yugoslavian in this article. Why I wrote "Grand Deception" - Alex Krainer's TrendCompass .
    And in this interview he says specifically that he is Croatian. Eurasian Integration, Oligarchical Delusions and more with Alex Krainer on Rogue news
    Highly unlikely, especially the war part. He is a GRU stooge. You can tell from the Robert Ludlum bio.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    If you've ever read popular derivatives trading books, a lot of it is focused on literally hypnotizing yourself into thinking what you are doing is okay. I remember reading a book by a famous trader named Victor Sperendeo, where he had a whole section devoted to convincing people that doing this for a living isn't wrong. Interviews in The Market Wizards also discussed the psychology of guilt. The idea is, you can't perform well if you think what you're doing is wrong because you will sabotage yourself. So yeah, they even go to hypnotists for it.
    This gets to the root of the problem: an economy and society that reward you for blotting out your humanity in the name of "specialization." That's the sense in which SBF embodied the worst of the tech industry. He was conditioned, since 9th grade, to jump through arbitrary hoops. He made his money in the most incomprehensible, hyper-specialized way, divorced from any actual benefit to people (which indeed, did not actually exist). He adapted to this task by taking drugs and becoming unhealthy, even outwardly grotesque. And he reveled in that: the NYT called him "studiously disheveled" because, after all, aren't cartoonish tradeoffs what the economy rewards?

There are clearly limits to the abstraction of these economic arrangements. Some think the solution is to have not only "innovators, but also adults". No, we need humans. You cannot expect good judgement from someone who abandoned their humanity, not even under supervision. I don't think regulation or technology can solve this cultural problem.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post

This is just ridiculously stupid. "Where should we stash this dark money? Oh, I know, two low-net-worth professors and their 25-year-old kid."

The more uncomfortable reality is that parts of the business world are really just this embarrassing.
    Yes and yes, and Fetterman. Recent elections have demonstrated the truth that Truth is irrelevant.