starting strength gym
Page 2451 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 14511951235124012441244924502451245224532461250125512951 ... LastLast
Results 24,501 to 24,510 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    UPDATE: Far Left Brazilian Supreme Court Orders Banks to Block Funds of Businessmen Who Supported the Protesters in Mass Democracy Rallies – PROTESTERS STAND STRONG!

This is how they handled the Canadian protests. It's also been their go-to weapon in their war on Russia, which is why it's been cathartic to see them fail so abysmally on that front. We're all really the same enemy in their eyes.
    Anybody that opposes more government is now the enemy, more so than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    But why would they want it known that they got scammed by some chubby, amphetamine-addicted nerd who simultaneous runs his business, plays video games, sleeps on bean bag chairs, and has sex with his likewise weird friends all in the same office? Seems like a great way to have your investors bail due to lack of confidence. I think something else is going on here, and the scandal we're being allowed to see is meant to distract us from it, or even influence us to play into it.
    Of course the investors didn’t want this. They utterly failed at due diligence, and got blown to pieces. You imagine some very crafty plan, but anyone even slightly familiar with what has happened in technology investment (and crypto in particular) will recognize this as pervasive, outlandish incompetence. Masayoshi Son is also in the news; take a look at his track record.

This is a gift, but it’s not a sugary fairy tale. SBF would probably still be fine if he hadn’t picked a fight with a bigger billionaire, Changpeng Zhao, who precipitated this whole meltdown.

---------------------------------------------------------

To answer your question, CommanderFun: investors and creditors of FTX want the clawback to be as aggressive as possible, fanned by as much media and political pressure as they can muster. SBF is shamelessly trying to walk away with his shares of Robinhood (currently worth $500m+) as they belong to a legal entity which did not declare bankruptcy.

So, the snow storm here up north is going strong, around a foot deep so far. We're supposed to get up to 24" more tonight and tomorrow.

I cleared out a path to the old charcoal grill tonight and fired it up with hardwood and hickory, then grilled up some nice steaks out there in the snow storm!

Got our old plow truck running good and ready to go; we don't get county snow plow service here, so it's up to me and my 3 neighbors to get it done.

I guess I kind of like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Democrats.
    It was particularly interesting that the court appointed attorney referred to FTX's executives as "potentially compromised" individuals.

It would be incorrect to think that Bankman-Fraud only targeted wealthy Wall St. investors; I know average individuals who had amounts smaller than $10,000 in the exchange and I know many average individuals who have money on various crypto exchanges.

How can investors perform due diligence when the auditors can't see the fraud because there are hidden back doors to falsify the accounting records and clandestinely move funds?
    How about when a Democrat ally at a large financial firm has been paid off or extorted into endlessly praising the "vision" and salesmanship of Bankman-Fraud? Jim Cramer said multiple times he was the next JP Morgan.
    If you refused to support investing when the numbers looked that good and colleagues promoted the character of the individual over all others....that might look like stereotyping, which is illegal and grounds for cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Jim Cramer said multiple times he was the next JP Morgan.
    Jim Cramer... isn't that the guy with the rolled-up sleeves who plays the role of investment guru on TV? Why would anybody listen to anybody on TV?

I've finally gotten to this point: When Will Trump Apologize to the Country for His Stupid COVID Lockdown Response? – PJ Media

I wrote a response to The Atlantic’s stupid essay about “COVID amnesty” that certain people on the left want from those of us who were the targets of their vicious policies. That column was harsh (and 100% accurate). And I called for criminal trials for the people who instituted those policies that harmed liberty and trampled the Constitution with vaccine mandates and dictates by emergency orders and threats from unelected health ministers. But I forgot someone. I left out the most culpable person in the whole ordeal.

Donald J. Trump.

Now, Trump will probably kiss and make up with Crooked Hillary before he ever apologizes or admits guilt for anything, but I’m reaching out now to say that if he wants a chance at another presidency, there is some major apologizing he needs to do for us — his supporters. The hits we took for him are incalculable and continue to this day. We have been smeared as “Nazis, white supremacists, domestic terrorists, racists, homophobes, insurrectionists,” and more. But we would have born all of that happily if he had fought for us when it was critical that he do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Of course the investors didn’t want this. They utterly failed at due diligence, and got blown to pieces. You imagine some very crafty plan, but anyone even slightly familiar with what has happened in technology investment (and crypto in particular) will recognize this as pervasive, outlandish incompetence. Masayoshi Son is also in the news; take a look at his track record.

This is a gift, but it’s not a sugary fairy tale. SBF would probably still be fine if he hadn’t picked a fight with a bigger billionaire, Changpeng Zhao, who precipitated this whole meltdown.

---------------------------------------------------------

To answer your question, CommanderFun: investors and creditors of FTX want the clawback to be as aggressive as possible, fanned by as much media and political pressure as they can muster. SBF is shamelessly trying to walk away with his shares of Robinhood (currently worth $500m+) as they belong to a legal entity which did not declare bankruptcy.
    Well you said it yourself, it was institutional investors. Institutional investors are investing money on behalf of someone else. If I run a hedge fund and make a really bad investment with a company run by some guy who looks like he has parkinsons in interviews because he is mainlining stimulants through a skin patch, I do NOT want to make it widely known to the public that I made this booboo. If I had my money in said hedge fund, I would strongly consider taking it out. It does not seem in the best interests of these institutions to let it be advertised they fucked up so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Jim Cramer said multiple times he was the next JP Morgan.
    This should have been the biggest red flag of all. People are actually using doing the opposite of what Cramer says as a working trading strategy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Jim Cramer... isn't that the guy with the rolled-up sleeves who plays the role of investment guru on TV? Why would anybody listen to anybody on TV?

I've finally gotten to this point: When Will Trump Apologize to the Country for His Stupid COVID Lockdown Response? – PJ Media
    Ticker is pretty strong on this.

But while buck stops with Trump, Pence deserves as much opprobrium, but isn’t getting nearly enough attention.

BIZARRE Vaxx Theater Performed By Justin Trudeau Getting Boosted

It all happens in the first five minutes. Vaxxing has become their religious sacrament. Watch the theater of the mask on/mask off. It's all right there in plain sight. He is openly mocking his subjects.

starting strength coach development program
    Lab-Grown Poultry Clears First Hurdle at FDA - WSJ

“Cultivated meat”. Several folks on here predicted this. All the usual horseshit buzz words: sustainability, climate change, science-based, animal-rights concerns, etc.