starting strength gym
Page 2457 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 14571957235724072447245524562457245824592467250725572957 ... LastLast
Results 24,561 to 24,570 of 30183

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I think SBF was greasing political wheels to expand his financial crimes to the massive U.S. derivatives market.

In March, FTX asked the CFTC to change derivative clearing rules to match how FTX worked outside the US. The biggest change was to replace the intermediary (maintaining large backstop reserves) with an "auto-liquidation" protocol imposed upon traders. This was strongly opposed by other companies during a congressional hearing, but it was kept under consideration by the CFTC.

An FTX bankruptcy filing revealed that Alameda Research, SBF's trading outfit, secretly bypassed this auto-liquidation:
    Unacceptable management practices included the use of an unsecured group email account as the root user to access confidential private keys and critically sensitive data for the FTX Group companies around the world, the absence of daily reconciliation of positions on the blockchain, the use of software to conceal the misuse of customer funds, the secret exemption of Alameda from certain aspects of FTX.com’s auto-liquidation protocol, ...
    Cheat codes for playing with trillions? An actual super-villain.

I haven't actually watched the video but the presenter gives off major "Woman can do no wrong" vibes despite what's actually happening. Is she stating that shaken babies don't exist ever, or that all neurological damage is being clumped as child abuse from the Mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Ours is the most effeminate empire. Neither the Persians, Romans, Huns, nor Mongols requested anything be done voluntarily​ by one if its provinces.
    One could argue that it is a good thing, anything before violence allows for non violent options first. Not that the US is doing it by any abundance of geopolitical competence though.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    Apologies for straying off the CoVid main thread; I would just like to leave this here. It's, imho, the best summary of the current geopolitical situation that one could make in such a short allotted time.

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/st...66227847888896

IPB
    Realpolitik remains the same regardless of what people want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I haven't actually watched the video but the presenter gives off major "Woman can do no wrong" vibes despite what's actually happening. Is she stating that shaken babies don't exist ever, or that all neurological damage is being clumped as child abuse from the Mother?
    Why would you make a ridiculous comment like this? Watch the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Why would you make a ridiculous comment like this? Watch the video.
    Honestly? I clicked the link saw it was 20 minutes, started off with "as a Mother" and she did the soft hands in front of a tedx logo with the title "untill science showed" and pre judged it.

I'm watching it now but if it's what I thought, I want my 20 minutes back.

It's about the "settled science." Like climate change, and COVID-19. Shit like that.

Ok I watched the video and it wasn't as bad as I pre judged, but her central point remains unfounded. She even says shaking a baby causes harm, all she's done is give a differential diagnosis for the triad of injuries and point out how unreliable expert testimonies in trials are, as well as the absurdity of family courts and licensing organisations.

At the end of the day the only way to know the harm caused by shaking a baby is, well to shake one. Because shaking a crash test dummy or a car crash does not replicate a baby being shaken. One would hope the experiment is never performed, but I'm not so sure anymore after the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Honestly? I clicked the link saw it was 20 minutes, started off with "as a Mother" and she did the soft hands in front of a tedx logo with the title "untill science showed" and pre judged it.

I'm watching it now but if it's what I thought, I want my 20 minutes back.
    It was not too painful of a 20 minutes. The substance and style are different.

She also addresses the star-chamber nature of the family courts. I know a guy who suffered through the matriarchy of that system in southern california for his son. It is a place where hope goes to die.

It's about the "settled science." Like climate change, and COVID-19. Shit like that.
    And instead of calling "Amnesty" for her fuck-up, she is trying to make amends for completely and utterly destroying someone's life.
    On a more conspiratorial note however, it could appear that certain authorities might have an interest in safe-guarding themselves from liabilities for destroying the family unit and stealing kids from families.

Rip, are there any decent books/articles you can recommend that challenge the so called ‘consensus’ on climate change? It just seems that everyone who does has been pushed out of the public sphere and we’re continually bombarded with propaganda. Here in Australia, all the flooding in the Eastern States is attributed to muh climate change.