starting strength gym
Page 2458 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 14581958235824082448245624572458245924602468250825582958 ... LastLast
Results 24,571 to 24,580 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Question for geologists and people knowledgeable on fossil fuels:

It has become trendy (casual conversation) to shit on “natural gas” as a “branding trick”. By calling it natural as opposed to methane, people assume it as clean, pure, virtuous, etc.

My understanding there are four naturally occurring gases, methane, butane, propane, and ethane and they’ve been discovered and used for well over a century.

So the question is: is calling them natural gas marketing or science? And pointing out the reaction to the labeling very disingenuous?

Should it be called “natural gas” or “methane”? - Yale Program on Climate Change Communication

DOCUMENTARY
    LIVE World Premiere: Died Suddenly

LIVE – Stew Peters

A little over an hour.

I'm having problems believing this is all true. I mean I've read enough over the past few years to have been aware of all of this information, but I can't believe that people are this evil to have put this monstrousness into motion.

Tell me I'm dreaming this...please.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Ok I watched the video and it wasn't as bad as I pre judged, but her central point remains unfounded. She even says shaking a baby causes harm, all she's done is give a differential diagnosis for the triad of injuries and point out how unreliable expert testimonies in trials are, as well as the absurdity of family courts and licensing organisations.

At the end of the day the only way to know the harm caused by shaking a baby is, well to shake one. Because shaking a crash test dummy or a car crash does not replicate a baby being shaken. One would hope the experiment is never performed, but I'm not so sure anymore after the past few years.
    Subby, nobody said it was okay to shake babies. Her point was that not every baby with that triad of symptoms has been shaken, and that a presentation with that triad should not land a parent in jail. Please tell me you understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    It was not too painful of a 20 minutes. The substance and style are different.

She also addresses the star-chamber nature of the family courts. I know a guy who suffered through the matriarchy of that system in southern california for his son. It is a place where hope goes to die.
    The style was definitely TED-talk. I don't usually watch them because of that, but she made several excellent points.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusSulla View Post
    Rip, are there any decent books/articles you can recommend that challenge the so called ‘consensus’ on climate change? It just seems that everyone who does has been pushed out of the public sphere and we’re continually bombarded with propaganda. Here in Australia, all the flooding in the Eastern States is attributed to muh climate change.
    We talk about this all the time on this board, and reference the sources. Catch up on your reading.

Germany’s meat industry leaders are warning of a meat shortage in the coming months due to the government’s fight against “climate change,” which includes reducing the number of livestock by 50% to curb carbon emissions.

"In four, five, six months we will have gaps on the shelves," German Meat Industry Association (VDF) Board Member Hubert Kelliger told Die Welt.

Meat prices are expected to rise 40%, with pork expected to be the hardest hit, according to The Financial Trends. Despite the country’s push toward veganism, the reduction in livestock is also expected to contribute to a shortage in natural fertilizer, which will impact vegetable yields.
    Und ze Germans will put up with this, because that's what Germans do: what they are told to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Question for geologists and people knowledgeable on fossil fuels:

It has become trendy (casual conversation) to shit on “natural gas” as a “branding trick”. By calling it natural as opposed to methane, people assume it as clean, pure, virtuous, etc.

My understanding there are four naturally occurring gases, methane, butane, propane, and ethane and they’ve been discovered and used for well over a century.

So the question is: is calling them natural gas marketing or science? And pointing out the reaction to the labeling very disingenuous?

Should it be called “natural gas” or “methane”? - Yale Program on Climate Change Communication
    An excellent propaganda tool. Natural gas is "natural" because it comes out of the ground, the product of millions of years of "natural chemistry." We do not manufacture it, we merely remove the other gases you mentioned from the methane so that it behaves predictably when it is burned for heat. These idiots think that calling it "methane" -- which it is -- will somehow make people want to not heat their homes, I suppose.

Just when you think shit has gotten as weird as it can get, they prove you wrong.

I see UK Family Court is just as fucked up and evil as US Family Court. It's amazing how these organizations that were created ostensibly to bring to justice people who commit heinous acts against the most vulnerable people in society have ended up becoming the worst perpetrators instead. Too much gazing into the abyss, I guess. It's good to see a person who was able to about-face on this sort of thing and start trying to undo the damage. There's a couple I've seen who have had these reversals on COVID stuff. Naomi Wolf was one I didn't expect. But we still don't have it happening nearly enough.

It feels like I spent childhood learning about all the horrors people unleashed throughout history because they refused to believe they could be wrong, but in the context that the modern age has moved beyond that sort of thing. Now, as an adult, I'm learning it still happens all the time. History is there to teach us many lessons, but it seems collectively we are unwilling to learn. We may end up with the "current thing" being beaten back, but a new, similarly stupid (and evil) one just pops up and no one recognizes the same demons manifesting wearing different clothing. Those who dare to call it out are marginalized.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Those who dare to call it out are marginalized.
    Or jailed. I'm sure the guys who "stormed" the Capital that day would love to just be marginalized.

Rip, are there any decent books/articles you can recommend that challenge the so called ‘consensus’ on climate change? It just seems that everyone who does has been pushed out of the public sphere and we’re continually bombarded with propaganda. Here in Australia, all the flooding in the Eastern States is attributed to muh climate change.
    Follow Craig Kelly's Telegram feeds. He gives out a lot of useful info especially for Aussie's.

It's the marketing of science.
    Policy is created through the masses perception of reality. To those that mold these perceptions into the minds of the masses, does it matter to them if these ideas were inculcated through disingenuous means!?
    EU parliament backs labelling gas and nuclear investments as green | Reuters

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    It feels like I spent childhood learning about all the horrors people unleashed throughout history because they refused to believe they could be wrong, but in the context that the modern age has moved beyond that sort of thing. Now, as an adult, I'm learning it still happens all the time. History is there to teach us many lessons, but it seems collectively we are unwilling to learn. We may end up with the "current thing" being beaten back, but a new, similarly stupid (and evil) one just pops up and no one recognizes the same demons manifesting wearing different clothing. Those who dare to call it out are marginalized.
    The last three years has most certainly been an extremely painful reality check!

HUGE - Norway does massive U-turn on boosters...

Doctors sounding the alarm - Mysterious rise in excess deaths...

And this sums it all up.
    https://twitter.com/PierreKory/statu...5FiMih14a1DRiQ

Thanks to forums like these, slowly but surely we are having an impact.
    CNN boss Chris Licht confirmed the network WILL face layoffs as others prepare for firings | Daily Mail Online

Dr. Thomas Binder — They sent me to a Swiss psychiatric hospital for warning against Covid lockdowns… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

It has become trendy (casual conversation) to shit on “natural gas” as a “branding trick”.
    Who did the 'branding'?

Leveraging Natural Gas to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions - Center for Climate and Energy SolutionsCenter for Climate and Energy Solutions

There is plenty of research that natural gas produces less CO2 than coal, oil etc. So if reducing CO2 is your goal then it makes sense to use natural gas instead of coal.

Coal (anthracite) 228.6
    Coal (bituminous) 205.7
    Diesel fuel and heating oil 161.3
    Gasoline (without ethanol) 157.2
    Propane 139.0
    Natural gas 117.0
    Table 1: Pounds of CO2 emitted per million British thermal units (Btu) of energy for various fuels.

Natural gas vs. Coal – a positive impact on the environment | GASVESSEL.

But I do agree with the idea that conflating the word "natural" with "good" can be misleading - plenty of "natural" plants will kill you if you eat them and plenty of very effective medicines are not "natural". Taking it to the extreme, is the only way to live "naturally" to return to the stone age?

I found this quite interesting: The Climate Change Debate: An Epistemic and Ethical Enquiry by David Coady

At least one of the authors is Australian, if memory serves.

IPB

Sam Bankman-Fried's Parents Bought Bahamas "Vacation Home" Among $121 Million In FTX Property Purchases | ZeroHedge

I feel absolutely certain California will immediately disbar these lawyers for unethical conduct and Stanford University will without hesitation denounce these two professors.
    ...they would if they viewed these crimes as severe as anti-vax wrong-think, anyway.

starting strength coach development program
    In addition to what's already been posted I'd like to add that Randall Carlson has some excellent videos on You Tube where he debunks climate change. He is really good at putting the supposed "climate changes" occurring now in perspective. I'm going to link one here put don't stop with this one, he's got a lot of excellent material out there in both podcasts he's done (including Joe Rogan) and his own site and lectures. This Graph Debunks Climate Change As We Know It | Randall Carlson - YouTube