starting strength gym
Page 2470 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 14701970237024202460246824692470247124722480252025702970 ... LastLast
Results 24,691 to 24,700 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    My bleeding heart says he wants to apologize, but no, can’t make the words with his lips. Instead, he made a point in a recent interview that military which lost their jobs due to vex refusal should be reinstated with full backpay. That’s a start.
    What bothers me most about Trump is not Trump per se. I think he is a great leader especially for the geopolitical realm. He has many great attributes. And in truth I haven't made up my mind yet as to whether him or Desantis. He has one crazy weakness however. He does not know how to choose advisors. He keeps the ones that screw him over and gets rid of the ones that actually care about him and the country. This is a serious Achilles heel for him and is the reason why he went down in the first place, and the reason why he continues to make stupid nonsensical and non-needed mistakes today.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    So, what candidate are you willing to waste on the presidency who also might win?
    I think DeSantis is the obvious choice. I'd like to see him run with Tulsi Gabbard, who also happens to be easy on the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    He does not know how to choose advisors. He keeps the ones that screw him over and gets rid of the ones that actually care about him and the country. This is a serious Achilles heel for him and is the reason why he went down in the first place, and the reason why he continues to make stupid nonsensical and non-needed mistakes today.
    Precisely. Fauci? John Bolton? Milley? There is a gaping hole in the man's judgement.

But not the size of the hole in the collective judgement of California: California reparations committee will recommend handing out $223,200 to descendant of slaves | Daily Mail Online

A reparations committee in California has suggested that descendants of slaves in the state could be compensated $223,200 each for 'housing discrimination'.

The nine-member Reparations Task Force was formed by California Governor Gavin Newsom as part of the country's largest ever effort to address reparations for slavery.

A focus of the California task force has been 'housing discrimination' - it has been estimated that it would cost around $569billion to compensate the 2.5 million Black Californians for setbacks between 1933 and 1977, according to the New York Times.

I noticed this on my scanning of the news this morning. I haven't had the ability to verify them yet, but it certainly sounds like it is most probably true.
    https://newsrnd.com/tech/2022-12-01-...ye6WFzLwi.html

https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-12-01-...yb180gLDi.html

----
    I haven't listened to these two yet, but they are the next inline on my list.

Tucker Carlson interviews esteemed cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra on the corruption of medicine by Big Pharma
    Tucker Carlson interviews Dr Aseem Malhotra on the corruption of medicine by Big Pharma - YouTube

Has Big Pharma Hijacked Evidence Based Medicine? - YouTube
    -----

Just listened to the above Tucker interview. It's worth the listen. The Doctor also discusses the issues related to Statens as well as the problem of polypharmacy, and gives possible actionable solutions in order to tackle these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Your survival, and all of Europe's up until now, was predicated on American order by supreme might and free global trade. Both of those are ending on a global scale in front of our eyes.

You may not like to admit it, but what has sustained you is evaporating at an accelerating rate. You have no fall-backs. Unless you'd like to be vassals under BRICS. Perhaps you can keep your social credit score high enough.
    I don’t like mind the doomerism, nor am I criticizing you for it, the phenomenon just strikes me as weirdly entertaining. I think people have been conditioned by Fallout II and movies in the same style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What an insult to the black community...hey, remember slavery and discrimination?
    Yeah, here's some money, shut up.
    There is no "repairing" what happened in the past, can't we all be happy it's not the past anymore and move on instead of bringing it up every single day? The goddamn Germans don't have this much guilt.

You know, I never thought I'd see a likely Klan resurgence in California of all places...

I want to say thank you for this thread. I have not read every post in this almost 25,000 post thread, but I've read enough for my purposes.

Yesterday, I received my DD214 with an honorable discharge. November last year I was formally counseled (in writing) by a Lieutenant General that my refusal to be injected could potentially earn me a dishonorable discharge.

It's been a pretty lonely time; very few of us refused. I would have maintained my position even without this thread, but some of you here helped to make my last couple years in the Army a little less horrible.

Wasn't most slavery in the South? I hope all the descendants from there come to CA with their hand out. Since my tax dollars are going to pay for this, can I get someone to go to work for me? I could use some extra time to recover from my deadlift day. My great grandparents were paid (accepted and worked their asses off for) slave wages in labor camps when they came to CA. Can I also get 223K for a down payment on a shitty suburban CA home? Perhaps the san andreas fault can team up with the seasonal forest fires and do us all a favor.

Good news for France: The French Surrender Again |

They are very slow learners.
    Reminds me of the proverbial French Military Firearm condition report- Never Fired, Only Dropped Once!

starting strength coach development program
    IPrecisely. Fauci? John Bolton? Milley? There is a gaping hole in the man's judgement.
    Just keep in mind some of his early hires like General Flynn. They literally threw the guy in prison and destroyed his life. It's not as simple as just picking your guy. The bar is much higher than that. You basically have to fish for double agents, and hope you find someone who will flip.

Remember when Chuck Schumer threatened Trump, saying that the intelligence community has "six ways from Sunday at getting back at you" if you didn't play within their prescribed boundaries? And like Putin mentioned several years ago, Americans are very mistaken about how much power their president has. It's the "men in dark suits" who have the real power. If you want to pick "your guy", you need to make sure he's also their guy before you do.

I have already spoken to three US Presidents. They come and go, but politics stay the same at all times.

Do you know why? Because of the powerful bureaucracy. When a person is elected, they may have some ideas. Then people with briefcases arrive, well dressed, wearing dark suits, just like mine, except for the red tie, since they wear black or dark blue ones. These people start explaining how things are done. And instantly, everything changes. This is what happens with every administration.