starting strength gym
Page 2510 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1510201024102460250025082509251025112512252025602610 ... LastLast
Results 25,091 to 25,100 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've tried to reason with colleagues who have the intelligence and training to see what was wrong with all the papers and the response to the cold virus. They are consumed with fear about personal safety and/or consumed with fear of standing out from the crowd. When people are afraid they turn off their intellect and become panicking herd animals. Education is supposed to teach us to control our fear but we haven't seen education around here for decades.

The corollary is that it is impossible to reason with frightened people. You can't talk sheep out of a stampede. You can only stand aside so as not to get trampled, and perhaps use the opportunity to harvest as many as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    This Tyson video presents yet another example of how wrong many of us are/were about the "intelligence" of much of the human population. Supposedly erudite and other folks we assumed have common sense simply cannot (or will not) think critically about this entire "pandemic" experiment. It's infuriating but it helps explain the history of human mass movements; and the resistance to accepting squats as the prime strength building movement.
    Einstein was the same. The media props the people that play so they have constant coverage. The media has to carefully craft who they have on, and the guest has to shape-shift in-order to continue their quest for power. I mean look at it from the perspective of the media, would they want to deal with a Rip every time they had a story to cover? Didn’t some Borat guy try that? They pick the people that are full of themselves with some credentials because it makes their job “doable.” This is called narrowcasting, not conspiracy… and it’s everywhere.

I made it to one minute, something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The guy is a TV star, just like Bill Nye The Science Guy. That is all.
    Or like Lex Friedman, Biden and Volodymir Zelensky.
    They come out of nowhere to play a role despite having questionable experience or competence in their profession.

It appears that the LNP does go to the heart and ovaries and they knew it.
    Thread by @TurdFur58439807 on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App

Quote Originally Posted by Leo M View Post
    I've tried to reason with colleagues who have the intelligence and training to see what was wrong with all the papers and the response to the cold virus. They are consumed with fear about personal safety and/or consumed with fear of standing out from the crowd. When people are afraid they turn off their intellect and become panicking herd animals. Education is supposed to teach us to control our fear but we haven't seen education around here for decades.

The corollary is that it is impossible to reason with frightened people. You can't talk sheep out of a stampede. You can only stand aside so as not to get trampled, and perhaps use the opportunity to harvest as many as you want.
    I endorse this post. The phenomenon you mention is really strange, once the panic takes over, they want the stampede, they need it, they will not stop at anything to stampede your ass.

The phenomenon you mention is really strange, once the panic takes over, they want the stampede, they need it, they will not stop at anything to stampede your ass.
    If we were paying attention, a lot of us learned this in high school taking girls to scary movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I made it to one minute, something.

Or like Lex Friedman, Biden and Volodymir Zelensky.
    They come out of nowhere to play a role despite having questionable experience or competence in their profession.
    What's wrong with Friedman and why the comparison with two heads of State and two scientific tv entertainers?

--------------------------------------------

College of Psychologists vs Jordan B Peterson | Mikhaila Peterson | EP 322 - YouTube

Anyone following this story?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Einstein was the same. The media props the people that play so they have constant coverage. The media has to carefully craft who they have on, and the guest has to shape-shift in-order to continue their quest for power. I mean look at it from the perspective of the media, would they want to deal with a Rip every time they had a story to cover? Didn’t some Borat guy try that? They pick the people that are full of themselves with some credentials because it makes their job “doable.” This is called narrowcasting, not conspiracy… and it’s everywhere.
    Let me clarify my statement as not being about the dope on the video or any other "expert" statements used for effect. The inability of a large portion of the population to think, as opposed to react, helps explain why history repeats itself and why I posit there will be another totalitarian or group of them (I won't name historical examples...) that will be the cause of mass murder and stripping of freedom/liberty somewhere and sometime in the future; probably here. It may take generations, which gives me reason to claim I'm right until I expire.

Like the NLP is to strength, thinking critically about EVERYTHING is not easy and sometimes not enjoyable, but it's required; particularly if one wishes to maintain freedom of life and liberty as outlined in that outdated rag that created this American Experiment. And it's something a large portion of people will simply not do, regardless of how important it is and/or whether they know they should. Prior to 2020, I didn't make the connection which makes me about as worthless.