starting strength gym
Page 2514 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1514201424142464250425122513251425152516252425642614 ... LastLast
Results 25,131 to 25,140 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Climate "Science" says you will believe, and you will not question, because you know no other belief system, having been indoctrinated since you could talk.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...ation-schools/
    "Historically, climate change has not been comprehensively taught in U.S. schools, largely because of the partisanship surrounding climate change and many teachers’ limited grasp of the science."

Now, climate change IS comprehensively taught in U.S. schools, largely because of the partisanship surrounding climate change and many teachers' limited grasp of "The Science".

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Climate "Science" says you will believe, and you will not question, because you know no other belief system, having been indoctrinated since you could talk.
    Ultimately, climate change was an ideal topic to introduce people to scientific methods, how predictions and uncertainty work, and how politics and economics create a bias. It has all the ingredients.

But no. We chose ignorance and fear over productivity and enlightenment . Nothing new to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Ultimately, climate change was an ideal topic to introduce people to scientific methods, how predictions and uncertainty work, and how politics and economics create a bias. It has all the ingredients.

But no. We chose ignorance and fear over productivity and enlightenment . Nothing new to see here.
    We chose Lysenkoism. Works every time.

Doesn't anyone here have children or grandchildren in Public Schools? Can you shed light on what idiocy is contained in those kids' textbooks? Probably the myth of climate change is the least worrisome fairy tale being spun in these awful indoctrination day-care centers.

A few examples of textbook madness:

*My daughter's Cambridge English textbook mentions 'parents or guardians' and I have to try to explain to her WTH a 'guardian' is
    *My adult student's Oxford ESL textbook discusses 'buy nothing' day and the statistic that '20% of the population uses 80% of the resources,' and he gets confused and thinks that the other 80% of the population thinks it's unfair that some countries HAVE so many natural resources while they don't
    *Same ESL student in the same textbook reads that Buying Less is Good since 'some goods are bargains because workers aren't fairly paid,' and he grammatically understands the sentence but is culturally confused. I introduce the topic of 'fair trade chocolate' and this only confuses him even more!
    *ESL textbooks for 5th graders talk about spreading vaccination awareness as being a way to help serve one's community, and the 7th-grade one mentions some of the White-Settlers-Destroyed-Brown-Societies lies
    *The adult and children's ESL textbooks alike (in addition to ESL these courses/textbooks serve as a conduit to spread and praise our English-language, Western culture) ALL have the silliest foreign-sounding names in conversational examples, rather than traditional/typical names

Can you imagine learning Russian, and your textbook has John's and Susie's saying Do Svidaniye and Perestroika, instead of Ivan's and Anastasia's??

Innonously allowing exceptions to the norm to be presented to our children in curriculums subconsciously and automatically allows the abnornal to become the norm a few generations layer. This is probably one of the inate glitches of 'democracy,' tolerance, and 'inclusiveness' that Matt Jackson (right??) mentioned so long ago. To protect the culture of one's tribe maybe you really do have to shun the other tribes, or at least make it clear that they are the EXCEPTION and welcome only as GUESTS.

This is how outlier opinions and theories, like climate change and ______(insert any Mad Western cultural norm of your choosing) slowly become reality. Basically, our textbook and curriculum writers slowly crack open the Overton Window bit by bit until these Gusts of Change blow away any semblance of the cultural norms we once had.

Here's a fun site. It logs catatrophic climate predictions made by high profile figures, then slaps a timer on them. It includes ones that already were supposed to have come to pass.

The Extinction Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Could this be another Surgisphere type scandal. This time using statins?
    Thread by @Jikkyleaks on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App
    Huge scandals, but they get so little attention 99% of people will never see them.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    It’s popular right now to bash him on Twitter. It’s the new “5 minutes of fame”.
    Not liking someone is everyone’s right (until we’re told it’s not ��), but perhaps Lex’s popularity is because more people like him than not.
    No, Lex's popularity is clearly not because people like him; he is the most algorithmically promoted man on the internet.
    He is popular in the same way CNN or the NYT is popular; you will be subjected to their propaganda whether you like them or not.
    CNN has millions upon millions of captive viewers in airports etc; Lex has the algorithm.

I didn't know he was being bashed on Twitter, but that information led me to this: Beattie goes off the reservation: the truth about Lex Fridman [WARNING: Brutal Rant]... - Revolver News
    "Lex Fridman really is the most algorithmically put-on person I've ever seen".
    He does not have a particularly large number of subscribers and most of his videos are not among the top-viewed or liked videos, despite but if you let Youtube run through its recommended videos, everyone will be funneled into Lex Fridman podcasts.
    Beattie Goes Off The Reservation: The Truth about Lex Fridman

I already posted some of his ridiculous Covid propaganda.
    Lex doing his best to support Fauci: Tim Dillon And Lex Fridman Roast Anthony Fauci
    Lex dissembles and deflects on the topic of Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell's Mossad connections: Epstein, Robert Maxwell, and Intelligence Ties - YouTube
    The rabbit hole goes deeper if you try to look into Lex's background and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Doesn't anyone here have children or grandchildren in Public Schools? Can you shed light on what idiocy is contained in those kids' textbooks? Probably the myth of climate change is the least worrisome fairy tale being spun in these awful indoctrination day-care centers.
    I remember writing a paper on global warming for my 5th grade geography class in 1995 or so. There was no broadband internet back then, so I just went off of text books. I clearly remember writing that we were all going to run out of fuel and then everything would be under water by 2000. It kind of helped me see through the bullshit later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Huge scandals, but they get so little attention 99% of people will never see them.
    Makes you wonder how many more scandals happened in the past prior to our heightened awareness and collaboration of people through social media

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post

A few examples of textbook madness:

*My daughter's Cambridge English textbook mentions 'parents or guardians' and I have to try to explain to her WTH a 'guardian' is
    I agree with all the others but this is a very common and old term. It was definitely in use in the 1940s and probably well before that.
    There are enough children being looked after by a relative who isn't their parent, foster parents or in state care that it makes sense to have that on official forms. It was definitely on every format I brought home from school in England in the 80s.