starting strength gym
Page 2515 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1515201524152465250525132514251525162517252525652615 ... LastLast
Results 25,141 to 25,150 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Beattie Goes Off The Reservation: The Truth about Lex Fridman

I already posted some of his ridiculous Covid propaganda.
    Lex doing his best to support Fauci: Tim Dillon And Lex Fridman Roast Anthony Fauci
    Beattie is hurt that the internet is no longer islands of moderated USENET groups in a sea of IMPs communicating by UUCP. I sympathize. The ugly and stupid is indeed up front. Perhaps like the movements in modern architecture - it reflects the soul.

But I see no sympathy in Fridman to Fauci in the Dillon clip.

Don't have time on the moment for the Epstein link. I will get to it.

My interest is piqued, so I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Look what they have done to their credibility: Biden Calls For Two Weeks Of Not Cooking On Gas Stoves To Flatten The Curve | Babylon Bee

And as a result, how many people do you think will be turning in their pistol braces? BREAKING: Biden Issues Final Rule to Criminalize Pistol-Braced Firearms, GOA Condemns It - GunsAmerica Digest

And how many pistol braces have been used in "gun violence" over the past 30 years?

Denninger today: Coof Wars Epilogue - The Market Ticker

The "suck" is going to tempt you in the next few years to whine and cry. Don't. That's self-destructive, especially if it prompts you to do something stupid like drown yourself in a bottle of gin. Instead, if you're one of the people who said "no" and meant it build reserves, live frugally, shed unnecessary debt and expenses and be patient. The stupidity that has run through not just the United States but worldwide over the last three years has not been local or minor: It has been immense, it has crossed nearly all professions and it has sucked into its maw the majority of Americans, say much less those in other nations. The opportunities this will generate are also going to be immense, particularly when coupled with all the other stupidity of the last 20 years, including so-called "diversity hiring." Just look at one minor piece of this -- the recent NOTAM meltdown in civil aviation. NOTAMs even got "diversity renamed" to Notice to Air Missions when in fact it is Notice to Airmen. It really is a trivial problem from a computing point of view; just a list of notices that deal with a specific route or place to warn pilots of local and abnormal conditions, such as a restriction on flying into a given set of coordinates during a certain time. I could probably code up a system to do this in a weekend and run it in a single rack of equipment for the entire nation, then triplicate that in three strategic locations so there are two always-on spares -- literally. Well, the FAA apparently did not care about making sure this "non-safety critical" (after all, if it fails it doesn't directly crash a plane) system actually worked and was redundant, and it failed. The problem is that without it you can't fly because if you take off without having the NOTAMs for the area you're operating in and go somewhere you can't as a pilot your ticket gets punched, so said failure basically grounded the entire US non-military aviation system, commercial and civilian, for several hours.
    Whole bunch of good stuff in here, read it all.

A list, obviously far from complete: Thread by @KanekoaTheGreat on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I remember writing a paper on global warming for my 5th grade geography class in 1995 or so. There was no broadband internet back then, so I just went off of text books. I clearly remember writing that we were all going to run out of fuel and then everything would be under water by 2000. It kind of helped me see through the bullshit later on.
    I remember the propaganda pictures of heavily armed soldiers guarding backyard pools of water.

No, Lex's popularity is clearly not because people like him; he is the most algorithmically promoted man on the internet.
    I’ve never listened to Lex Fridman’s podcast, but I’m not surprised or confused by his success.

On the MIT faculty, Lex Fridman ain't no Ankur Moitra. But he never claimed to be. Many professors spend the bulk of their time on endeavors besides research. CMU’s most famous professor is probably Randy Pausch, who also wasn’t a research heavyweight: he focused on teaching and, in the terminal stages of his cancer, inspiration.

It’s not actually hard to book people like Guido van Rossum, as long as you foster the right atmosphere and audience. The unusual part is getting millions of people to listen, when only a few thousand would listen to a free lecture by the same guest. But that actually makes sense: there are many, many people who want to pick up lingo and sound conversant in technical topics, without any understanding or effort.

Huge scandals, but they get so little attention 99% of people will never see them.

No, Lex's popularity is clearly not because people like him; he is the most algorithmically promoted man on the internet.
    He is popular in the same way CNN or the NYT is popular; you will be subjected to their propaganda whether you like them or not.
    CNN has millions upon millions of captive viewers in airports etc; Lex has the algorithm.

I didn't know he was being bashed on Twitter, but that information led me to this: Beattie goes off the reservation: the truth about Lex Fridman [WARNING: Brutal Rant]... - Revolver News

He does not have a particularly large number of subscribers and most of his videos are not among the top-viewed or liked videos, despite but if you let Youtube run through its recommended videos, everyone will be funneled into Lex Fridman podcasts.
    Beattie Goes Off The Reservation: The Truth about Lex Fridman

I already posted some of his ridiculous Covid propaganda.
    Lex doing his best to support Fauci: Tim Dillon And Lex Fridman Roast Anthony Fauci
    Lex dissembles and deflects on the topic of Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell's Mossad connections: Epstein, Robert Maxwell, and Intelligence Ties - YouTube
    The rabbit hole goes deeper if you try to look into Lex's background and family.
    I guess Occam has slit his wrists then.

I have no dog in this fight. I just observed it.

And believe me, I’ve got better things to do than to look into Lex and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Beattie is hurt that the internet is no longer islands of moderated USENET groups in a sea of IMPs communicating by UUCP. I sympathize. The ugly and stupid is indeed up front. Perhaps like the movements in modern architecture - it reflects the soul.
    But I see no sympathy in Fridman to Fauci in the Dillon clip.
    Don't have time on the moment for the Epstein link. I will get to it.
    My interest is piqued, so I'll keep looking. Thanks.
    Beattie was shadow banned or "deamplified" on Twitter after criticizing Lex Fridman.

Lex more than once, praised Fauci as a man of great accomplishments in that interview.
    I can pull up more of his Covid nonsense, or other strange statements/information if I need to.
    For example, his father held a "George Soros Distinguished Professorship" Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    I’ve never listened to Lex Fridman’s podcast, but I’m not surprised or confused by his success.

On the MIT faculty, Lex Fridman ain't no Ankur Moitra. But he never claimed to be. Many professors spend the bulk of their time on endeavors besides research. CMU’s most famous professor is probably Randy Pausch, who also wasn’t a research heavyweight: he focused on teaching and, in the terminal stages of his cancer, inspiration.

It’s not actually hard to book people like Guido van Rossum, as long as you foster the right atmosphere and audience. The unusual part is getting millions of people to listen, when only a few thousand would listen to a free lecture by the same guest. But that actually makes sense: there are many, many people who want to pick up lingo and sound conversant in technical topics, without any understanding or effort.
    LEX FRIDMAN HAS NEVER BEEN A PROFESSOR or faculty member anywhere and by all appearances was an unpaid affiliate researcher; HE NEVER WAS A PAID EMPLOYEE OF MIT. He also did not attend MIT as a student, for that matter.

He does have interesting guests, but his view counts and likes are not particularly high.
    There are thousands of Youtubers with more views than Lex that never get promoted by the algorithm.
    He is not in the top tier in podcasts or tech or any of the areas he produces content.

Beattie was shadow banned or "deamplified" on Twitter after criticizing Lex Fridman.

Lex more than once, praised Fauci as a man of great accomplishments in that interview.
    I can pull up more of his Covid nonsense, or other strange statements/information if I need to.
    For example, his father held a "George Soros Distinguished Professorship" Chair.

LEX FRIDMAN HAS NEVER BEEN A PROFESSOR or faculty member anywhere and by all appearances was an unpaid affiliate researcher; HE NEVER WAS A PAID EMPLOYEE OF MIT. He also did not attend MIT as a student, for that matter.

He does have interesting guests, but his view counts and likes are not particularly high.
    There are thousands of Youtubers with more views than Lex that never get promoted by the algorithm.
    He is not in the top tier in podcasts or tech or any of the areas he produces content.
    I’m struggling to comprehend why anyone on the greatest educational thread on the internet gives a flying fuck about Lex Friedman. I can’t seem to find where he is relevant at all. We might as well talk about Miley Cyrus. Who fucking cares?

I was looking for that, and think I caught a couple of those. Seemed to me like he was merely acknowledging the man's basic academic and research credentials. Fauci might be physically intelligent. I don't think Kary Mullis was referring to that when he said Fauci "didn't know anything about anything".

Ok on the other Covid stuff.

I like Fridman's guests. His interview with Bjarne Stroustrup was good.

I suppose YT could be propping him up because it thinks he supports the party line. No argument there.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I’m struggling to comprehend why anyone on the greatest educational thread on the internet gives a flying fuck about Lex Friedman. I can’t seem to find where he is relevant at all. We might as well talk about Miley Cyrus. Who fucking cares?
    I agree. He's small potatoes compared to America's most famous manufactured celebrity, whose birthday we observed today.

muh-kang-iso.jpg

Our more recent "fiery but mostly peaceful" protests were nothing new. They sugar coat it all because they do not want you to internalize the fact that violence does, in fact, work. They want you to think the world is molded by people walking around, singing, and refusing to ever defend themselves. It's all a show put on by very theatrical people.