starting strength gym
Page 2516 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1516201624162466250625142515251625172518252625662616 ... LastLast
Results 25,151 to 25,160 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I’m struggling to comprehend why anyone on the greatest educational thread on the internet gives a flying fuck about Lex Friedman. I can’t seem to find where he is relevant at all. We might as well talk about Miley Cyrus. Who fucking cares?
    We shouldn't have to care, but he is shoved down our throats like CNN and Neil Degrasse Tyson.
    He is nearly unavoidable for many people (in particular, Rogan, podcast and independent media viewers who are outside of the reach of legacy media and social media reeducation); he should be recognized for his malign influence.

The really odd aspect of this is that people who saw through all of the Covid bullshit, government censorship, etc. often respond with incredulity and indignation when Lex is recognized as an extremely suspicious figure; that one is off limits.
    After the corporate tech, government, legacy media and intelligence agency coordination proven by the Twitter Files, why would the simplest explanation not be yet another case of coordination among these groups to spread their approved messages?

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    ...Ok on the other Covid stuff...
    I already posted his Covid mask paper that, of course, came to the conclusion that masks are extremely effective and everyone should be required to wear them to reduce viral spread.
    From his interview with Pfizer CEO, Albert Bourla
    Albert Bourla: Pfizer CEO | Lex Fridman Podcast #249 - YouTube
    "My own opinion, worth little as it is, is that the development of the Covid vaccines is one of the greatest accomplishments of science in recent history." -Lex Fridman
    "The development of the Covid-19 vaccine was one of the greatest accomplishments of science in recent hisotry. No matter what, this should give people hope for the future. And yet, it is more of a source of division." -Lex Fridman
    Lex participating in the campaign of fear and promoting the hospital overcrowding narrative:
    A Day in the Life of an ER Doc on the COVID-19 Frontlines - YouTube

Lex using the "We're in this together" slogan coincidentally used by all other media outlets to call for lockdowns:
    7 Levels of Coronavirus Attack on Our Society and How We Can Fight Back - YouTube

Another interview with a pro-vax virologist, who Lex assures us has no ulterior motives, is the best virologist in the world and just loves biology:
    Vincent Racaniello: Viruses and Vaccines | Lex Fridman Podcast #216 - YouTube

Lex makes sure to state many times that he has thoroughly read all of the research and decided to get the vaccination, himself.
    He goes on to say he had no reactions to the vaccine and that the injection site felt "kinda pleasant". He contrasts it with allergy shots he had previously taken that put him "out all next day"

Lex interview on PCR tests:Michael Mina: Rapid COVID Testing | Lex Fridman Podcast #235 - YouTube
    "In my view the most powerful, doable and obvious solution to Covid-19 from the very beginning is rapid at home testing.""The accuracy of these tests is high for detecting contagiousness, which is what matters."- Lex Fridman
    This is just a small sampling.

He tries to present the information as: I understand the concerns and won't force you to believe anyting, so I am unbiased...but, look at me, I am smart, have done all the research and have this "expert" I brought on who will confirm my opinions, then make more extreme suggestions I will not push back on. You can trust me, I am one of you conspiracy theorist, covid skeptics too.
    Information about Lex Fridman is difficult to search; almost as if it has been intentionally scrubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    LEX FRIDMAN HAS NEVER BEEN A PROFESSOR or faculty member anywhere and by all appearances was an unpaid affiliate researcher; HE NEVER WAS A PAID EMPLOYEE OF MIT. He also did not attend MIT as a student, for that matter.
    We got up and coming celebrities in Croatia using a similar trick. They will go to a two week summer course in say Oxford and then put “studied at Oxford” in their CV.

The methods of release of the Twitter files and the choice of journo is now just fucking annoying. While it was a promising concept at the start, the latest drop from Lee Fang, unless I'm missing something, is about big pharma colluding to restrict production of generic covid vaccines for poor countries. I know the Intercept is invariably awful, but I still don't get it.

They need to drop what they have on Fauci or just give it all to someone who knows what they're doing.

Tangent - some recent speculation on what is in store for Ukraine - Moon of Alabama

Tangent 2 - my local council is attempting to tell me I can now only have up to 6 chickens because 'reasons'. Very amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    LEX FRIDMAN HAS NEVER BEEN A PROFESSOR or faculty member anywhere and by all appearances was an unpaid affiliate researcher; HE NEVER WAS A PAID EMPLOYEE OF MIT. He also did not attend MIT as a student, for that matter.
    He’s a research scientist. He’s not a top researcher, but he’s not trying to be, and neither are many actual professors. His publication record doesn’t delegitimize his podcast.

Is he bilking grants out of the NSF? Is he billing his technical services at $600/hr to help financiers commit fraud? No, he is roughing it as a YouTuber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Denninger today: Coof Wars Epilogue - The Market Ticker

Whole bunch of good stuff in here, read it all.
    Wish I shared his optimism. But I don't see myself coming out of this "winning" any more than I was before COVID hit. I will get to keep living without any adverse "vaccine" effects though, so that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I remember writing a paper on global warming for my 5th grade geography class in 1995 or so. There was no broadband internet back then, so I just went off of text books. I clearly remember writing that we were all going to run out of fuel and then everything would be under water by 2000. It kind of helped me see through the bullshit later on.
    It's true, despite what they would like us to think now, they have been teaching the global warming shit for a very long time. It's why many of us now flipped on the narrative. We remember being told Manhattan was going to suffer the fate of Atlantis by some early 21st century date if humanity didn't change its ways. Humanity didn't make those changes, and nothing even close to that happened. But they have the next generations to fool with similar doomsday predictions, and it won't be until they fail to come to pass that those young people will also start to drift away from the script.

The FAA has very quietly tacitly admitted that the EKGs of pilots are no longer normal. We should be concerned. Very concerned.
    After the vaccine rolled out, the FAA secretly widened the EKG parameter range for pilots so they wouldn't be grounded. It looks like the vax gave at least 50M Americans heart damage.
    Link

12ft |

Last summer, The Hill reported that “the Biden administration has committed nearly $13 billion worth of military assistance to the Ukraine since Russia invaded six months earlier.” This support is made up of either state-of-the-art or recently downgraded – but still useful – arms and equipment. Because it takes so long to order, build, and ship brand-new equipment, everything sent came out of military armories, or even from active-duty units.

What are those weapons? Are they antiquated hand-me-downs? Not likely. We’ve shipped – and this is far from a comprehensive list:

High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems
    1,500 Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided antitank missiles, known as TOW, which can destroy a tank up to 5,000 yards away.
    155mm Howitzers – 126 cannon and 806,000 artillery rounds, along with 126 tactical vehicles to tow the Howitzers into combat
    National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems – an advanced system that can knock down a Russian MiG more than 100 miles away.
    Seven hundred Phoenix Ghost Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems – combat drones – these are attack drones, not recon systems. These kill tanks, troops and anything else worth killing.
    Seven hundred Switchblade Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems – light, short-ranged combat drones designed to attack troops and “soft-skinned” vehicles.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg, and to date – check out the list in The Hill article – the Biden administration has committed at least as much to the Ukraine as was lost in Afghanistan when we bugged out. Maybe a lot more. Say, between Afghanistan and the Ukraine, the total is close to $175 billion in equipment. That's equipment that must be replaced before our military services will be ready to once again defend America.

Which means that this is a gold mine for the American military-industrial complex. Setting aside Hunter Biden’s ties to the embattled nation, why was Biden so eager to support the Ukraine? And why was Congress so eager to support the Ukrainians with American-built, top-shelf weapon systems? Because defense contractors have factories and other support operations in virtually every congressional district in America. Because replacing those weapons means high-paying jobs at a time when we’re teetering on the edge of recession – if we’re not already there.
    Aside from the obscene amount of money that doesn't actually exist, how is this not an Act of War against Russia? I'd like to hear an explanation for why they will not launch a nuclear strike against DC (not that it's a bad idea).

Yngvi wins the Fridman debate hands down.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    The FAA has very quietly tacitly admitted that the EKGs of pilots are no longer normal. We should be concerned. Very concerned.

Link
    Billionaires want ‘Unvaccinated pilots’ for private jets… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Follow the money. Always.