starting strength gym
Page 2518 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1518201824182468250825162517251825192520252825682618 ... LastLast
Results 25,171 to 25,180 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Does not really matter as any strike from either country would end in both countries in mutual destruction. Donald Brennen said it way back in 1962 "Mutually Assured Destruction". The war in Ukraine is about which leader will last longest Putin or Biden and both are on the skids. The only real power left will be the EU. A lot of Russia's munitions is Soviet era and most of the good stuff has already been expended and most of what is left is just buckshot.
    I really don’t know, but I’ve wondered if Russia’s weaponry is in 2 parts. Conventional, which may (or may not, depending on how you get your info) be a bit antiquated and “expended/buckshot”.

And advanced, where there is a grave threat that has only grown stronger (e.g. Poseidon and the cobalt wave, if true).

I’m just an average joe and know nothing, but it feels unlikely Putin would slip on tech advancements with weapons.

I’d prefer we don’t find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Hey now. Miley's put out some decent shit lately. Her Midnight Sky is very early Stevie Nicks/Debbie Harry- esque. I mean, it ain't Dolly. But she's getting better.

Arguing about Lex, we need to be talking about Tate. Tate (if claims are true) was the goal. As separated from governments and the confinements of authoritarians as one could be and still be a person out interacting with world. That was a message.
    Jenni, I missed this!

I don’t listen to Miley, but I concede on this. I’m a metal head but I respect that she might secretly be one too.

I think I agree on Tate- though what I know about him is not well researched (I don’t care). We are at a very odd time right now and I don’t know what to make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I really don’t know, but I’ve wondered if Russia’s weaponry is in 2 parts. Conventional, which may (or may not, depending on how you get your info) be a bit antiquated and “expended/buckshot”.

And advanced, where there is a grave threat that has only grown stronger (e.g. Poseidon and the cobalt wave, if true).

I’m just an average joe and know nothing, but it feels unlikely Putin would slip on tech advancements with weapons.

It's not that Russia hasn't continued to develop military technology, but rather how much have they procured. Short answer: not very much at all, and they're not on track to reach parity on quantity with any near-peer adversary anytime soon.

The only real power left will be the EU.
    You are still on this? Dude…

Does not really matter as any strike from either country would end in both countries in mutual destruction. Donald Brennen said it way back in 1962 "Mutually Assured Destruction". The war in Ukraine is about which leader will last longest Putin or Biden and both are on the skids. The only real power left will be the EU. A lot of Russia's munitions is Soviet era and most of the good stuff has already been expended and most of what is left is just buckshot.
    Come on dude, this is a soccer-mom-who-gets-her-news-from-whatever's-on-in-the-pediatrician's-waiting-room take. Putting Putin and Biden on the same footing is just plain stupid and reeks of wishful thinking. And Russia has been "two weeks away from running out of munitions" since last March. You're the first one I've even heard that stupid line from in months. It's just no longer believable, even among the rubes. It's becoming increasingly obvious that Russia has been preparing for war with NATO, not just Ukraine. Either that, or Putin is the "mad man" worried about his penis size that the morons you get your news from wish him to be.

And the risk of nukes is not from Russia, it's from the American elite when they realize they can no longer muster the morale or human capital to fight a real war. They might nuke everything in sight before accepting the end of the petrodollar.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post

Douglas Macgregor does not think Russia is short on munitions, or any other resource for that matter. He has repeated this in his interviews multiple times.

Of course, you might say Macgregor is a crank. Does not seem to be the case to me. His “Margin of Victory” was an interesting history lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Good luck finding unvaccinated and qualified pilots- they were all coerced into getting the shot. Those that fought it were fired or left off the schedule. Pilots are trained to conform- most did. Following instructions is an essential trait for a pilot. It's a very structured profession.

Thankfully the new sudden death syndrome is likely to affect only one pilot at a time. Smart billionaires have two or more pilots onboard. That is probably safer than an unvaxed renegade pilot.

Californians: What is the reasoning here? Newsom Signs Bill Making California Sanctuary For Child Gender Surgery | The Daily Wire

Are the majority of the people of California so divorced from reality that this makes any sense, either biologically or politically?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Californians: What is the reasoning here? Newsom Signs Bill Making California Sanctuary For Child Gender Surgery | The Daily Wire

Are the majority of the people of California so divorced from reality that this makes any sense, either biologically or politically?
    Is the wish of the people reflected in the federal government, or any state government for that matter? Take South Dakota and their dumb bitch governor, for example. And Idaho, of all places, seems to be the front line for the "grass roots" degeneracy push right now, in total defiance of the native populace. Finally, don't forget that California passed Prop 8 to ban gay marriage as recently as 2008. The people don't matter anywhere. As long as CW Round 2 doesn't change our trajectory, you'll all become California eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by David Roberts View Post
    Those that fought it were fired or left off the schedule. ... Smart billionaires have two or more pilots onboard. That is probably safer than an unvaxed renegade pilot.
    I'm sure the smart billionaires already had two or more pilots on board. You say "renegade", but I wouldn't want a bunch of cowards who fold like lawn chairs flying me around if I had that kind of money.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Come on dude, this is a soccer-mom-who-gets-her-news-from-whatever's-on-in-the-pediatrician's-waiting-room take. Putting Putin and Biden on the same footing is just plain stupid and reeks of wishful thinking. And Russia has been "two weeks away from running out of munitions" since last March. You're the first one I've even heard that stupid line from in months. It's just no longer believable, even among the rubes. It's becoming increasingly obvious that Russia has been preparing for war with NATO, not just Ukraine. Either that, or Putin is the "mad man" worried about his penis size that the morons you get your news from wish him to be.

And the risk of nukes is not from Russia, it's from the American elite when they realize they can no longer muster the morale or human capital to fight a real war. They might nuke everything in sight before accepting the end of the petrodollar.
    An interesting thing to keep an eye on with all this shit is on Kissinger. He is calling for the world to accept Russia back and to accept a peace treaty that will grant Russia at least some of her concerns.