starting strength gym
Page 2522 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1522202224222472251225202521252225232524253225722622 ... LastLast
Results 25,211 to 25,220 of 30196

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    I don't think so (imho, of course).
    By (their own) definition, NATO is a defensive alliance. The question is, what's being defended?
    Well, not NATO countries. They are there to defend the main partner of the alliance, they are the shield that gets wacked in the fight.
    If plutonium confetti start to get chucked around, they will be directed from the radar installation in Sicily to start with, and will launch from the pads in Poland and Romania (and don't forget the Aviano cache of nuclear warheads, Italy again). These three countries will therefore be the first to be hit by a Russian counter strike.
    The only way for NATO countries to avoid getting hit would be for them to abstain from combat, but that's exactly what their NATO membership compels them to do.

Imho, if things escalate to nuclear, the first exchanges will take place on European and Russian soil. To think that the EU will be left with any real power after that seems pretty far-fetched to me.
    Obviously, I hope neither of us will get the chance to test our predictions (not sure if this is a wish or a curse).

IPB
    Related: Putin ally warns NATO of nuclear war if Russia is defeated in Ukraine

Such apocalyptic rhetoric is intended to deter the U.S.-led NATO military alliance from getting even more involved in the war, on the eve of a meeting of Ukraine's allies to discuss sending Kyiv more weapons.

But the explicit recognition that Russia might lose on the battlefield marked a rare moment of public doubt from a prominent member of Putin's inner circle.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Do not know much about this man except he appears to be a Putinite. Very dangerous if he had any control of your military.
    He does seem to be dangerous.

But what is a Putinite? Like Spensor Rapone, or something else?

West Point grad who posed with ''Communism will win'' in cap discharged | Fox News

Maybe Macgregor, who did manage to graduate from West Point, defeat the Iraqi Republican Guard from the lead tank at 73 easting (not too difficult, his words), and become adviser to the secdef under Trump, is a sleeper.

Or do you mean he dreams of Putin shirtless on a horse and is jealous of the svelte torso?

Fortunately Esper had reservations about him for secdef, so Macgregor never obtained absolute power. And by an odd corresponding twist of fate, Victoria Nuland never moved far from DC and is again close to the reins of power. It's a fair guess that much of the Ukraine policy is Nuland's who is making her private grievances public on a grand scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The doubt is about a potential loss to the US and Co. in direct confrontation (if we were to go there with bells on), not to Ukraine. The article ends with the typical subtle spin. Russia has always had that "doubt". Nothing new here. Yes, the US has always been capable of turning this into something quite different; it's not something Russia has ever denied.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    But what is a Putinite? Like Spensor Rapone, or something else?
    What is a Putinite? An pro-Putin apologist. The antithesis of an anti-Bidenite. You have too many ex-colonels making public statements these days. If he gets into the next government look out!

Putinite - Wiktionary

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    I don't think so (imho, of course).
    By (their own) definition, NATO is a defensive alliance. The question is, what's being defended?
    Well, not NATO countries. They are there to defend the main partner of the alliance, they are the shield that gets wacked in the fight.
    If plutonium confetti start to get chucked around, they will be directed from the radar installation in Sicily to start with, and will launch from the pads in Poland and Romania (and don't forget the Aviano cache of nuclear warheads, Italy again). These three countries will therefore be the first to be hit by a Russian counter strike.
    The only way for NATO countries to avoid getting hit would be for them to abstain from combat, but that's exactly what their NATO membership compels them to do.

Imho, if things escalate to nuclear, the first exchanges will take place on European and Russian soil. To think that the EU will be left with any real power after that seems pretty far-fetched to me.
    Obviously, I hope neither of us will get the chance to test our predictions (not sure if this is a wish or a curse).IPB
    All I know is that the NATO clients in the EU do not want Putin running Europe like Hitler so they are prepared to fight him on Ukraine territory albeit with a reluctant Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    When you have nothing left you bring out the 2X4's

The ultimate irony will be if the real Nazis in Ukraine finally get tired of Zelensky using them as canon fodder, hang him in front of their capitol and negotiate a treaty with Russia as an independent nation that would now be among the most highly-armed in the world.

According to Musk's Razor, the most entertaining or ironic possibility is the most likely.

What is a Putinite? An pro-Putin apologist. The antithesis of an anti-Bidenite. You have too many ex-colonels making public statements these days. If he gets into the next government look out!

Putinite - Wiktionary

All I know is that the NATO clients in the EU do not want Putin running Europe like Hitler so they are prepared to fight him on Ukraine territory albeit with a reluctant Germany.

When you have nothing left you bring out the 2X4's
    You don't know Macgregor, but you know we have a surplus of pontificating ex-colonels? I'm genuinely interested in links to others.

He was in the last government, which was doing significantly better than this one, of Austin and Milley.

If your opponents don't merely want to defeat you, but disappear your nation, oil-soaked 2x4's are appropriate.

The Ukraine war has aspects of a modern religious crusade. There are religious neocon denizens of DC who support it on religious terms - of course calling out Russia's religious language as fraudulent. This seems to be something you'd find objectionable. Have you picked up on it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    You don't know Macgregor, but you know we have a surplus of pontificating ex-colonels? I'm genuinely interested in links to others.

He was in the last government, which was doing significantly better than this one, of Austin and Milley.

If your opponents don't merely want to defeat you, but disappear your nation, oil-soaked 2x4's are appropriate.

The Ukraine war has aspects of a modern religious crusade. There are religious neocon denizens of DC who support it on religious terms - of course calling out Russia's religious language as fraudulent. This seems to be something you'd find objectionable. Have you picked up on it yet?
    I don't know, Keane and Hodges are probably the better ones I have heard, but forget about the colonels, most yanks are ponitificators anyway and the biggest bunch is right here on this thread.

However you are correct about the Religious connection, has not the the Patriarch of Moscow Karilli declared destruction of the world if Russia is attacked. Just like a Jihad, Russian orthodox style against the Ukraine Orthodox Church and its people.

Patriarch Kirill: Any desire to destroy Russia would mean end of the world - YouTube

However your mate Trump had his Spiritual advisers though such as Paula White, Kenneth Copeland and such. Most of whom are connected to the Christian Nationalist movement in the States and they were hoping Trump would usher in a new golden age. It was called the Seven Mountain Mandate, Education, Religion, Family, Business, Government, Arts and Media. These were to be taken over by the Christian Nationalists (Dominionists) and you would have had something like a "Christian" caliphate in the US. All your left wingers and woke folk would have been eliminated. The whole point was to bring the nation of the USA back under control of God. Of course this all fizzed out when Trump failed to keep control and where did all these religious folk go? I bet though if Trump returns in 2024 they all will be back in a flash.

The only NATO client with this kind of attitude for real is Poland, and even there I wonder (by far the loudest was their former President Lech Walesa, a union leader from communist times hailed as a hero of democracy - later shown to have been a secret police snitch). The Baltic states are kind of loud, but this is mainly because their politicians don’t want to get caught as Russia’s Cayman Islands money laundering operation counterparts. The rest of the EU would let Russia have Ukraine tomorrow if it meant more cheap gas and almost everyone is still hoping for a quick Russian victory.

I am amazed how willing you are to take up a lecturing posture on, like, global matters even though you don’t know anything. You did the same with the needle and the coof.

All I know is that the NATO clients in the EU do not want Putin running Europe like Hitler so they are prepared to fight him on Ukraine territory albeit with a reluctant Germany.'s
    I am confused; apart from the fairly unrelated premise, this seems to me a bit different from "The only real power left will be the EU".

IPB

Has everyone seen the latest episode of "Alex Jones was Right" again about the UN, specifically the WHO formalising their status as sitting above countries? Basically everything that happened during Covid is now a formal treaty, declared by the WHO which places them at the top of the chain. Trust the experts indeed.
    These things take time so it's not game over yet, but it's now a turnkey world authoritarian government.

All the systems and structures are in place, all someone has to do is turn the key.