starting strength gym
Page 2527 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1527202724272477251725252526252725282529253725772627 ... LastLast
Results 25,261 to 25,270 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Same reason you care what a gym owner says. If he has a big enough audience, people pay attention, whether he's right or not.
    I thought about my comment over night. You are right. I really struggle with my sense that I don’t give a shit what a “celebrity” thinks.

But I neglected to consider this simple fact so I now realize it is important.

Thank you, Mark!

Here's How Cartels Take Over Rural California - YouTube

Cartels are stealing water from farmers in California.

Import the third world and you become the third world.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Since Russia shut down the oil and gas supply to Europe they are restarting old thermal and nuclear power stations. Is that true?
    That is partly true. Some thermal plants are getting reopened in Germany and some nuclear plants are scheduled to be shut down at a later date. It is a stop gap measure, since the entire energy system has been geared towards Russian gas. This was done at the insistence of the countries who are now the loudest anti Russians. Solar panels don’t even work in sunny climates (I run a bunch of projects to install the panels too), nevermind the northern countries, the entire repowerEU and Fit for 55 and similar idiotic schemes are pure graft, robbing the taxpayers to pay out the mob. The EU, instead of being as you say getting ready to become a superpower, is deep into the take the money and run scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Thank you, Mark!
    When get to thanking Mark Rippetoe words are not enough, you had better arrange a 72oz cryovaced steak to be shipped to his home town.

Hi Wal,

Correct me If I am wrong, but has not the history of Europe has been where numerous kings and dictators have tried to join it back together. The Roman Church has a deep interest to unite Europe under one leader and return it back to the days when Constantine brought state and church together into the Holy Roman Empire. "Imperium Christianum".
    I have the feeling we are talking past each other, my apologies for my part in this situation.
    Let me just put one last note here, the last useful contribution I think I can make; it goes back to your initial assertion that the EU will be the only power left after this sorry story ends.

Here's what I want to say; most EU member countries have foreign troops stationed on their territory. This, I would say by definition, means that they are not independent, and that their fate is ultimately controlled by the owner of those troops. For the EU to emerge as an alternative superpower of sorts (I am not going to discuss the pros and cons of this goal), a necessary pre-condition has to be the removal of those foreign troops.

I am sure you can see how big an undertaking that would be, and how talk of a EU empire of any sort is way premature while this situation is not sorted out.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    23ABC Interview: Dr. Dan Erickson, Accelerated Urgent Care - YouTube

Does anybody know what happened to this doctor and his collegue?
    No, but Accelerated is still open here in Fresno and doing fine. I still find it hilarious that these 2 docs were the very first to go viral for completely calling it like it was. It's almost as if the California communist elites neglected to inform podunk Bakersfield of the "plan", and so they get on the local news and with complete confidence start saying of course this is just a common cold, people shouldn't be locked down, "you don't quarantine the healthy", etc. Haha...omg, shut them up, shut them up!

democracy dies in data adulteration - by el gato malo

A very good analysis and reading of some of the core issues we face in our modern society. The Bad Cat man elegantly ties in the corruption of data science re: covid-19 to the anthropogenic global warming lies. It's interesting how this bad top down science has become a systematic problem. The cat doesn't mention it, but there are giant bright line parallels in the food science and diet world too. Ancel Keys, need we say more?

starting strength coach development program
    What about the solar panels in northern Europe, how do you produce enough energy mid winter with the sun barely above the horizon?
    A reminder for everyone. The difference in path length through the atmosphere directly overhead and at the horizon is 7 times.

The path length reduces the amount of light proportional to “e” raised to the path length due to scattering and absorption. This is a factor of 1000.

Bottom line is other than around the equator you only get a few hours of usable solar energy. There is no technology solution to change that fact. The only knob to turn is the size of the farm.