starting strength gym
Page 2532 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1532203224322482252225302531253225332534254225822632 ... LastLast
Results 25,311 to 25,320 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Wal, you're not making any sense. Once more, if I move from California, pay my taxes owed in California, live in another state, and pay taxes to the other state, California cannot make me pay taxes to California if I didn't live there. This is what thye article says:
    Well Mark you have one crazy taxation system over there, like I said if the bill is that problematic one would have to consider moving to Mexico and you are not far from the boarder and besides you like Mexican food.

Now, they can send me a bill for taxes in 2026 if I moved in 2023, but what kind of a fucking slave is going to write them a check?
    Mark the State of California is broke so they want your money what ever the fairness of it is, even if it is backdated, anyway you folk voted the democrats in so stop complaining. Besides you did not say that it was a wealth tax did you? Anyway it is only 1.5% your 50 million+ assets.

It was called The Marshall Plan, and it was paid for by the United States. Not Europe. You are arguing for the sake of argument, which is fine, but unlike you.
    And you will continue to pay, are not the Abrams and the other munitions you folk have sent to Ukraine a continuing commitment to suppress the various dictators that pop in and out of Europe from time to time?

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    Writing a check is so 20th Century! As a current resident of Cali, I can assure you that the Franchise Tax Board is a most tenacious and evil agency. If you leave and they want your money they will issue an enforcement order, freeze your bank accounts and seize your assets no matter where they are.
    The State of California has worldwide authority? Where did they get that? And if they have it, why do they need a new law?

The State of California has worldwide authority? Where did they get that? And if they have it, why do they need a new law?
    Within the US it's called full faith and credit - you can enforce orders issued in one state in another state. You can also enforce US judgments in foreign courts (not all though). It's a little trickier to establish extraterritorial jurisdiction of US law. But plenty of federal statutes have it. For example, under the federal human trafficking statute you can be prosecuted in the US for your conduct anywhere in the world so long as you are a US national. Similarly, you can be prosecuted for money laundering even if the offense occurs wholly outside the US if you are a US national.

What is the California Franchise Tax Board Fee? | LegalZoom

"If you are starting a business in California you may be surprised to learn that California business entities must pay a minimum franchise tax to the state each year – even if the business is inactive or loses money."

No "Starting Strength" facilities in the that state I guess, however no wonder they have a Grizzly as their state symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You have converted to Islam? Anyway I was hoping you would give a more detailed appraisal of the article I sent,you know the "Brussels effect" where the world becomes metrified.
    The argument laid out in the article is that the EU is a superpower because it has higher capacity to regulate stuff than others. It is nonsensical. I gave you an example of what regulating looks like in practice - funneling taxpayer money to the mob, with the only possible non mob side effect being they my mom can maybe buy another ocean side condo.

The ass analogy is pertinent. The owner of the ass possesses the ass. I want to play with the ass. Think of it like say oil or gas - we don’t have it, we need it, our need for it (the EU’s need for energy, my need for the ass) is endless. In which scenario am I more likely to be allotted ass time? Do I offer the owner anything she wants, or do I regulate away any problem I might encounter in my quest for the ass? Say I proclaim that no leggings will be allowed in the gym, make it illegal for any kind of competition to play the same game, allow the owner to leave her house no more than twice a week. I can easily draft legislation to prove that exposure to the sight of the ass brings about an increased risk of say miocarditis (it would be true!), and it thus must thus be reduced in size and curvyness. Meanwhile everyone else is offering the owner houses and cars and truckloads of money. Who wins the race?

Wal, you're not making any sense. Once more, if I move from California, pay my taxes owed in California, live in another state, and pay taxes to the other state, California cannot make me pay taxes to California if I didn't live there. This is what thye article says:

Now, they can send me a bill for taxes in 2026 if I moved in 2023, but what kind of a fucking slave is going to write them a check?

I think the out of state tax bill (idea) starts with >$1B assets and is phased down to >$50M.

The 40 million ignorant Californians applaud the equity of it all and flap their flippers. The wealthy emigrants laugh their balls off and end up somehow making money from the new code.

In other words, they aren’t trying to collect anything from anyone. The are trying to be re-elected.

Wouldn't they just mark you as an "undesirable" in some way. They don't have to specify details just that you are "in arrears for tax" and your file is flagged. They don't need to come after you, because anytime someone brings up your file that'll pop up with all the bureaucratic difficulties that it entails.
    Doesn't child support work in a similar way?

Seeing a lot of evidence heap up from the last couple years, if you keep your money in a big commercial bank they might actually comply with California just demanding your money. Of course, anyone who's been paying attention has learned by now that even tucking cash under your mattress or burying it in coffee cans in your yard is probably more secure than leaving it with one of the big banks.

starting strength coach development program
    Get a load of this garbage from Popular Science:

What’s really going on with myocarditis and COVID vaccines - You're still more likely to be struck by lightning than to get the rare heart condition after the COVID jab.

Spoiler alert: the author doesn't even try to explain what's really going on. (I looked her up because I figured she wasn't even nominally a scientist, and I was correct.)