starting strength gym
Page 2533 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1533203324332483252325312532253325342535254325832633 ... LastLast
Results 25,321 to 25,330 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    In keeping with the spirit of this satire, I confess that I was guilty of withholding information about the dangers of the vax from a number Covidiot acquaintances of mine. My real regret is that some of them have not died yet! Sorry, not sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    What is the California Franchise Tax Board Fee? | LegalZoom

"If you are starting a business in California you may be surprised to learn that California business entities must pay a minimum franchise tax to the state each year – even if the business is inactive or loses money."

No "Starting Strength" facilities in the that state I guess, however no wonder they have a Grizzly as their state symbol.
    Correct. No Starting Strength Gyms in California. Or New York, New Jersey, Maryland, or Washington.

The media has really fallen into lockstep with this shit, even the science tabloids. Look at Scientific American, and once useful publication. It's not like we don't know how many people are struck by lightning. They will say anything to stay in The Club. If you believe anything you hear from them, you are a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    Within the US it's called full faith and credit - you can enforce orders issued in one state in another state. You can also enforce US judgments in foreign courts (not all though). It's a little trickier to establish extraterritorial jurisdiction of US law. But plenty of federal statutes have it. For example, under the federal human trafficking statute you can be prosecuted in the US for your conduct anywhere in the world so long as you are a US national. Similarly, you can be prosecuted for money laundering even if the offense occurs wholly outside the US if you are a US national.
    But we're not talking about Federal statutes. Can the State of California send a tax bill to everybody in the other 49 states and expect to collect it?

I don't think California directly could do anything; however, I can see a couple of indirect things that could possibly be done:

1. Sacramento tries to collect through the ex-pat's home state's government. This would depend on the political orientation of said government and how much California would be willing to cut the capital in on the shake-down. Realistically, this would go to the Supreme Court, but these days, who knows?
    2. Sacramento enlists Washington to assist via denial of Federal benefits if they don't pay a la what happens to American ex-pats overseas. This would mean the Federal government would be working for the states, a impossible scenario to imagine. Go directly to the Supreme Court, do not pass "Go." Again, stupider things have happened recently.

Whether they can or not, they are regardless going to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I don't think California directly could do anything; however, I can see a couple of indirect things that could possibly be done:

1. Sacramento tries to collect through the ex-pat's home state's government. This would depend on the political orientation of said government and how much California would be willing to cut the capital in on the shake-down. Realistically, this would go to the Supreme Court, but these days, who knows?
    2. Sacramento enlists Washington to assist via denial of Federal benefits if they don't pay a la what happens to American ex-pats overseas. This would mean the Federal government would be working for the states, a impossible scenario to imagine. Go directly to the Supreme Court, do not pass "Go." Again, stupider things have happened recently.

Whether they can or not, they are regardless going to try.
    I get that. They have no choice. They have to have the money. Maybe they should form their own "federal reserve."

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Seeing a lot of evidence heap up from the last couple years, if you keep your money in a big commercial bank they might actually comply with California just demanding your money. Of course, anyone who's been paying attention has learned by now that even tucking cash under your mattress or burying it in coffee cans in your yard is probably more secure than leaving it with one of the big banks.
    This is why Bitcoin is important.
    The FED and government can decide to make cash illegal, just like the CDC and the government decided to make not having the vacs or not wearing a mask illegal. They can reprint all the money in a different style and say that now you need to change your old money with the new one from a bank or no one will accept yours.
    They can do all kinds of shit because it's THEIR money, not yours.
    If you learn to use Bitcoin properly they can't even know if and how much money you own, and any transaction you make to buy other possessions can be anonymous and completely private.

This, is how all this shit ends. Everything that is happening, is happening for money, for control of fiat money. The petrodollar might die, but if you replace it with another fiat, the end result is exactly the same.
    Depending on your personal financial situation, I would start to seriously consider this alternative.

I get that. They have no choice. They have to have the money. Maybe they should form their own "federal reserve."
    Can you imaging a "confederacy" of Democratic (run) states? The mind recoils at such horrors.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Get a load of this garbage from Popular Science:

What’s really going on with myocarditis and COVID vaccines - You're still more likely to be struck by lightning than to get the rare heart condition after the COVID jab.

Spoiler alert: the author doesn't even try to explain what's really going on. (I looked her up because I figured she wasn't even nominally a scientist, and I was correct.)
    I guess my parents were both really fucking unlucky then. But I know an excellent way to make your odds of getting myocarditis from the COVID shots absolutely zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Can you imaging a "confederacy" of Democratic (run) states? The mind recoils at such horrors.
    We grew up with the Soviet Union.

starting strength coach development program
    But we're not talking about Federal statutes. Can the State of California send a tax bill to everybody in the other 49 states and expect to collect it?
    To expand on what I said, the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the US Constitution requires one state to recognize the "public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State." Thus, if I get a judgment from a California court, I can get it "domesticated" in another state like Texas and then execute that judgment in Texas if you are there and/or have assets there. If I as a private citizen can do it, you bet the California Franchise Tax Board can issue enforcement orders, based on taxes owed to California, which can be reduced to a judgment, in other states. The California Franchise Tax Board can go after out-of-state accounts just like any other creditor. The constitutional limits will certainly be tested if California tries to go after former residents depending how long since they left the state, but for a wealth tax California will argue that if the wealth was initially accumulated in California, that tax follows the money where ever it goes. Of course, California cannot tax an individual who was never a resident of or never earned income in or owned property in California.