starting strength gym
Page 2540 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 1540204024402490253025382539254025412542255025902640 ... LastLast
Results 25,391 to 25,400 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I understand what you mean. The thing is bitcoin will never be and cannot be "approven" by a centralized government. So it will always be an "underground" currency in that context.
    What I'm saying is, the more they tighten the grip on Bitcoin, the more people wanna use it and find ways to make it better. If they let go of the grip, it simply keeps growing.
    Is Bitcoin's technology and practical application widely known to the general public? No
    But it is only 13 years old, and you don't need the entirety of the general public to know anything
    All you need is enough people to work on it and care about it to make it better and more resistant and more user friendly, so that eventually, when this fiat scam collapses or at least shakes things around badly enough, a lot more people will see it as an alternative.

It is a disruptive technology by definition.

How long did it take the Internet to become what it is today? How many decades? And how many people actually have any idea how it works? Can governments stop the internet? Have they tried in the last 40 years? It would benefit them greatly to do so. But what other example is there except China and North Korea? (Where I suspect people found a way to use "our" internet by now).

The only effect I've seen on Bitcoin from government's regulations has been a momentary drop in market price or hash rate (which is self-regulatory anyway, so it's not an actual damage to the network). How people react momentarily is not a good indicator of how the technology will develop and influence society in the future.
    Ok before we go too far into the weeds on this part.

Lets take a step back, and can you now explain to me what the benefits of Bitcoin are that the Government is unable to interdict?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    If the Holocaust didn't happen, the Jews would probably invent it. I think anyone can see this if they think about it for a second. Why shouldn't such injustice to their people be avenged with vigorous slander? Milk those brutish goyim for everything you can get! Carry home the riches of Egypt! Especially since they were, in fact, put into camps, just like the Japanese were in the US, albeit in the context of a much more complicated cultural dynamic. (We were also lucky, in that we didn't have a war raging right on top of ours.) So I'm not that I'm saying that it is, but in a reasonably close alternate history to this one, the holocaust could easily be a greatly exaggerated historical event. There is nothing fundamentally unbelievable about such an alternate history. Same movie, different script.

In fact, we've seen this hypothetical hoax enacted on Trump before with our very own eyes. I mean all the "kids in cages" bullshit, and the pictures of the horrific "camps". There was some truth about there being a crisis at the border, but all those crimes they accused Trump of were invented out of whole cloth. They do it right in front of your face. If we had gotten as far as civil war, of course they would have eventually said Trump was planning to authorize a final solution to the border problem. I mean, of course they would. They'd do absolutely anything because... He's literally Hitler!

Now, isn't it funny that typing the two paragraphs I just did above would be illegal in several Western nations? And every year they push to make it illegal for me, too, but that pesky First Amendment has slowed them down a bit. Is there anything else on par with this? It's all very curious.
    This is again pure Anglin speak. You need a few jokes to go along.

The little lies Tucker goes along with always bug me. No, Tucker, COVID did not "overturn the world and wreck the US economy". Totalitarian government policies did. He should know better than to read that garbage.
    In my own conversations I say “Covid” as an all encompassing way of expressing your nit above. Of course, I agree with you while also feeling like this could very well be the case for Tucker.

It’s easier just to say “Covid” (meaning this Covid mess) than “totalitarian government policies”. It’s an implied understatement.

On a side note, I’ve noticed (anecdotally) a significant uptick in mask wearing in Seattle. It’s truly astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    On a side note, I’ve noticed (anecdotally) a significant uptick in mask wearing in Seattle. It’s truly astonishing.
    Anybody wearing a mask now just wants you to know they didn't vote for Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is again pure Anglin speak. You need a few jokes to go along.
    I get it, you want to associate the thoughts with a designated (and almost certainly manufactured) bad thinker. But it's just something almost anyone might observe if they weren't under the common hypnosis. If I do, in fact, sound like Anglin, it's probably because he's designed to sound like me.

Tangential fun fact: Vox Day believes Andrew Anglin isn't even one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Anybody wearing a mask now just wants you to know they didn't vote for Donald Trump.
    Some, but many broken spirits - fear, not a political statement. I sees lot of old people wearing them. Fauci/Birx/et al broke society and should be tried for it.

CDC to Implement International Classification of Disease Codes for COVID Vaccine Status • Children's Health Defense

What Would It Look Like? - by Etana Hecht and Ashmedai

Crooks Who Approved "Covid Vaxx" approved Other "Childhood Vaccines" Also

------
    Chief Nerd:
    Jefferey Jaxen on Rep. Louie Gohmert Filing Bill H.R.9366 to Finally Hold Pharma Accountable

“[It] amends the Public Health Service Act to hold vaccine manufacturers liable for those injuries caused by the vaccine”

https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/sta...teu_a4fjg&s=19
    -------

Jordan Peterson Exposes The World Economic Forum | With Joe Rogan - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Your metaphors are mixed, Francesco. The Internet is more like the Bitcoin mining machines and Bitcoin is the things people do on the Internet.
    Think for a moment about how governments regulate what people are "allowed" to do on the Internet, and why people obey them and stop doing those things, and you'll get what everyone is trying to explain to you: when government gets interested enough to ban or limit it, Bitcoin becomes just as docile as your fiat currency. Or, sure, it remains lucrative (just as heroin and "that thing that Ukraine was known as being the world's leader in" are!), but you've gotta utilize the dark web to actually use it. Which means the punishments that the government will mete out for catching you using it are serious enough that it IS useless and banned, regardless of whatever yricky nomenclature you use to define those restrictions on its possession or use.

Sorry to be the first to break it to you, but they've got the big guns and we're living on their plantations, and though some of us serfs throughout the world have more rights than others, what those idiots say really is what goes in this crazy clown world. Remember, even Wesley Snipes got convicted and jailed for trying to walk off the fields.
    The Bitcoin mining machines (ASIC) can be compared to computers or smartphones. But the Internet is not a computer just like Bitcoin is not an ASIC machine. What are governments going to do? Ban the production of ASIC machines which by now is a multi billion dollar business?
    Fine, we'll just go back to mining bitcoins on a regular computer, because that's how the technology is designed. Are they gonna ban those too?
    How far is your hypothetical superpowerful government lord willing to go?

The ONLY variable I don't trust and that makes me doubtful is just people, which there's a lot of, who are willing to just say yes and do what they're told, because they see themselves as "serfs". Luckily, many people who work at Bitcoin are not like that, which is why the technology is so hard to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Ok before we go too far into the weeds on this part.

Lets take a step back, and can you now explain to me what the benefits of Bitcoin are that the Government is unable to interdict?
    It's decentralized, anonymous (although not completely) and private (peer-to-peer, like cash).

Think about it as cash, that doesn't have a specific source and that you can exchange with someone without having to know who they are or them knowing who you are.

I'll ask you a similar question:
    How easy is it for the government to interdict the fiat money you are using right now compared to interdicting Bitcoin and its use as a currency?

starting strength coach development program
    If I do, in fact, sound like Anglin, it's probably because he's designed to sound like me.
    This may be true, I also agree with about the manufactured part, but he is (or they are) much more fun, you are always so preachy. I only point this out because you are pretty fun yourself when you don't take everything so seriously.