starting strength gym
Page 2551 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 1551205124512501254125492550255125522553256126012651 ... LastLast
Results 25,501 to 25,510 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    This list is from 2013, I wonder how much longer it is today. Although things like this don't seem to help with the main issue, they just seem to keep circling among people who already know the climate change scandal is fake. Do you know anyone who was a firm believer in this and then saw something like this list and changed their minds?
    No, but I hadn't seen the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No, but I hadn't seen the list.
    An Invitation to the Future - YouTube

This is an interesting initiative and probably more effective. Say what you want about Peterson, but he seems to be using his influence for a good purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I like Sutton's whole trilogy. Who knows, maybe it is a cover up or something, but he points to very good historical data, transcripts and stuff. It is just one of those works that make you realize almost everything about official history is a fabrication of some kind. He is British though, you can never trust those guys completely.
    Kinda funny how Bernard Baruchs monetary and political policies were being implemented around the time of the 1918 pandemic. These policies paved the ground for FDRs New Deal. Mark Twain once said that “History never repeats itself, but it does often rhyme.” Not in This case. It appears they had a working model so they followed the same cookbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Kinda funny how Bernard Baruchs monetary and political policies were being implemented around the time of the 1918 pandemic. These policies paved the ground for FDRs New Deal. Mark Twain once said that “History never repeats itself, but it does often rhyme.” Not in This case. It appears they had a working model so they followed the same cookbook.
    Yes, only in 2020 they had shitty operatives, so very little was actually achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Are we really bragging about popping a balloon?
    That balloon was worse than Jan 6th protest, which was worse than Pear Harbor!

The balloon was another test. We didn't fail the test at Pearl Harbor.

Query to the more technically minded military buffs.

The balloon was supposedly at 58,000 feet and shot down by an F-22.

What anti air capability is available to shoot something down at that height?

No surprises here:

Do mask mandates work?
    A look at the evidence

link

Spoiler:

Interestingly, 12 trials in the review, ten in the community and two among healthcare workers, found that wearing masks in the community probably makes little or no difference to influenza-like or Covid-19-like illness transmission. Equally, the review found that masks had no effect on laboratory-confirmed influenza or SARS-CoV-2 outcomes. Five other trials showed no difference between one type of mask over another.
    This is based off a Cochrane Review, which is "A Cochrane Review is a systematic review of research in health care and health policy that is published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews." - a kind of meta-analysis.

But, you know, we can probably dismiss the article because it's not written by anyone important:

Carl Heneghan is professor of evidence-based medicine at the University of Oxford. Dr Tom Jefferson is a Clinical epidemiologist and Senior Associate Tutor at the University of Oxford.
    More worryingly, the author wrote on their substack about some journos trying to contact them.

However, we recently got another query which underlines the points made in the previous posts. This request comes from a very powerful press syndicate:

“I’m reaching out because I’ve been seeing some posts [links redacted by TJ] spreading widely on social media that seem to be misrepresenting the conclusions of your recently published study on physical interventions and respiratory viruses.

Do you think it is a misrepresentation to claim (as the tweets I link to above do) that your study definitively proves that masks don’t work in preventing the spread of viruses such as COVID-19 and the flu? If so, I’d be interested in debunking these claims to set the record straight and would love to speak with you more about the study”.
    EG "Please restate your points to fit my pre-conceived narrative."

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The balloon was another test. We didn't fail the test at Pearl Harbor.
    In one way, we surely did; but, the one that counted, we passed with flying colors.