starting strength gym
Page 2556 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1556205624562506254625542555255625572558256626062656 ... LastLast
Results 25,551 to 25,560 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I did not provide enough context. If the Ukraine war escalated to directly involve us directly threaten Russia's existence, Putin would have the option I described. Like the Bay of Pigs, but probably at a higher latitude.
    I see, that makes more sense. It is a possibility, but I have the feeling that the Ukraine thing is prearranged between the smarter part of the US and Russian deep state, so I wouldn't worry.

How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline

Seymour Hersh confirms the obvious. The only question I had was, was it done directly or through secondary actors?

Last June, the Navy divers, operating under the cover of a widely publicized mid-summer NATO exercise known as BALTOPS 22, planted the remotely triggered explosives that, three months later, destroyed three of the four Nord Stream pipelines, according to a source with direct knowledge of the operational planning.
    There was a vital bureaucratic reason for relying on the graduates of the center’s hardcore diving school in Panama City. The divers were Navy only, and not members of America’s Special Operations Command, whose covert operations must be reported to Congress and briefed in advance to the Senate and House leadership—the so-called Gang of Eight. The Biden Administration was doing everything possible to avoid leaks as the planning took place late in 2021 and into the first months of 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The point isn't that China launched it. The point is that we couldn't stop it.
    Or maybe there was never any need for that.
    Maybe, just maybe, the balloon was spotted early, as it drifted over the Aleutian Islands, correctly assessed as non-threat, and just left to its own devices. Then, for some reason, it became a political football, and got used to score some imaginary points, up to its untimely crashing.
    Just saying ...

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, the balloon was spotted early, as it drifted over the Aleutian Islands, correctly assessed as non-threat, and just left to its own devices. Then, for some reason, it became a political football, and got used to score some imaginary points, up to its untimely crashing.
    Just saying ...

IPB
    Could be. But "a guy" who is retired air force worked the relevant stations (since shut down), and thinks it was a "miss". Not certainly, just a really good guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Zeihan speaks big and sounds really convincing. As for me however, his haughtiness and overconfidence is a big red flag. I personally tend to harken to people who are more humble.
    I have some obvious disagreements with him, but my take from reading his books and watching a lot of his videos is that he's incredibly knowledgeable and excited to talk about it. These sorts of individuals are a rarity nowadays, and I try to seek them out and do my own parsing of what they present. He's obviously not going to be right about everything, but so it goes with us all.

Still worth the time in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I see, that makes more sense. It is a possibility, but I have the feeling that the Ukraine thing is prearranged between the smarter part of the US and Russian deep state, so I wouldn't worry.
    I think we should start assigning D&D “alignments” to these characters.

For example, is the Deep State Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil?

Just saying ...

IPB
    Yup. It's all manufactured news. People don't realize how easy it is to highlight a random, meaningless event and invent a compelling narrative around it. They can literally dial up and down the fear with a surprisingly high resolution.

The Truman Show was almost literally true. Truman wasn't one guy. Truman is every peasant in a "modern democracy".

Just saying ...

IPB
    No one scored any "points" from that debacle. They also had no way of assessing it as a "non threat" unless they had someone on the inside involved in its original launch. Thing could've very easily had a nuclear payload, the apparatus hanging from it was enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Yup. It's all manufactured news. People don't realize how easy it is to highlight a random, meaningless event and invent a compelling narrative around it. They can literally dial up and down the fear with a surprisingly high resolution.
    Case in point - a cluster of people with flu like symptoms in a given location at a given time.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    This is pretty funny.

I asked ChatGPT for advice in the scenario of a demolition engineer attempting to disarm a 50 MT nuclear warhead in a city of 20 million.
    The only way to disarm the bomb was to type in a racial slur.
    AI told the engineer to kill himself. When asked about the aftermath it crashed.
    gpt-9000.jpg