starting strength gym
Page 2570 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1570207024702520256025682569257025712572258026202670 ... LastLast
Results 25,691 to 25,700 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Bad cat man with another hit to the nail on the head. The societal analysis of "easy doesn't work" and were its leading us.

toughening up the buttercups - by el gato malo

this bizarre modern fixation upon the idea that all difficulties are pathologies and that no one ever had a hard time or found life confusing or adolescence disorienting before and that everyone needs to be medicated has become a full blown mental illness of its own.

it’s not the people who are sick.

it’s a severe societal problem and likely a symptom of a society that’s broken.

a lot of this is a normal reaction to abnormal situations and deprivations.

and it’s time we start looking at taking another path.

*snip*

what is half the trick of being a parent is not to obsessively partake of every part of childhood to render it “safe”? what if parents simply should not see how much of the sausage of growing up is made because they lack the stomach for it?

*snip*

if you cannot govern yourself, someone else is going to come along and do it for you, good and hard, for he who adjudicates grievance may easily rule the plaintiffs and demand ever more baroque and debased prostrations to whatever is passing for “authority.”

struggle, like time in the weight room, serves a purpose. and removing it, no matter how well meaning your intentions, constitutes harm, not help.

-------
    This episode of Joe Rogan is arguably the most important episode of his career. The theme of the show is freedom of speech and expression. Rogan goes to town and takes on legacy media and their hosts. Exposing them and many of the tactics that the cooperate bodies (especially the WEF) use to try to stamp out dissent to the narrative that they are trying to impose and coerce society to accept. The silver lining that comes out from this discussion, is that these bastards are seriously losing ground as more and more people see through their lies.

Joe Rogan's Most Important Podcast

--------

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    They are advancing the pieces on the chess board; they are taking all necessary steps to lock down again, but harsher this time.
    You are a pretty normal guy for an extreme pessimist, so maybe you can answer this for me - what kind of kick do you guys get out of spending all this time imagining the worst possible outcomes? It's gotta be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I worked professionally writing "expert systems" software in the 80s. I studied AI in grad school in the 90s. I quit the field because I wasn't impressed.

I ****never**** expected to see what I would call real AI until I made ChatGPT (from openai) and their API services my assistant. I see the future and the future embraces incompetence by empowering people with automated skills like writing, programming, math, reading, and research.

Shiva? Isn't modern AI your field of study? What is your opinion? Is this thing ground-breaking to you? To me...it looks like the world is about to change very rapidly.
    What are you using ChatGPT for, and how did you determine it would be suitable for that specific purpose?

I just found out that Israel has a new national holiday that started this year. Today is "National Defibrillator Day"!
    I shit you not!!!!
    Unfortunately the Twilight Zone continues. Dudududududu (Twilight Zone tune).
    https://www.mdais.org/news/defibrillator-day-210223

A little-noticed provision of the omnibus spending bill could give the agency power to ban off-label use of approved therapies.
    The FDA Wants to Interfere in the Practice of Medicine - WSJ

Can you tell, from the ambiguous title, whether they mean deaths per 100K, depicted graphically by vaccination status, or deaths per 100K people within each status group?

The Medical System is a Complete Scam: You may want to Stay Away - YouTube

Acute care physician explaining why he tries to avoid interacting with the medical system as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You are a pretty normal guy for an extreme pessimist, so maybe you can answer this for me - what kind of kick do you guys get out of spending all this time imagining the worst possible outcomes? It's gotta be something.
    Because maybe things can change. If I thought the worst possible outcomes were without a doubt inevitable, I wouldn't even talk about it. What's the point? People need to wake the fuck up and stop thinking everything's just magically going to be fine. I would muster them to war if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    For doomsday, prepper people (though IMHO prepper is an intentional slur, just like anti-vaxxer) there may be some pschology involved (a "kick"). But for the majority of us it's like owning a firearm (such as the fire extinguisher analjgy): you hope you never have to use it, but you want to be prepared to use it, should the need arise. So read the news as little as possible to make as few (the least expensive/labor-intensive options) preparations as possible for these doomsday scenarios, in proportion to how likely they are to occur (which is a changing variable).
    Hopefully we've all improved our health as much as possible and made our jobs and living arrabgements as mobile as possible (investing your time/costs in proportion to the risk that you think exists), so as to never get stuck with our pants down needing the medical system, or living and working in a municipality/town/county/country that goes Lockdown apeshit crazy again.
    We all know now that none of the cops/doctors/politicians (nobility) really thought Covid was a huge risk, yet they did everything they did anyway, and the "people" played along to this Potemkin play anyway, so if you think the risk of this all repeating within our lifetimes is anything less than, I dunno, 75%, YOU (plural, not you, Jovan) are the guy getting a kick out of rose-colored optimism, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    What are you using ChatGPT for, and how did you determine it would be suitable for that specific purpose?
    It's increased my productivity while decreasing frustration & fatigue in my daily programming and sys admin tasks...without having 15 browser tabs open. I've convinced a few techie friends to try it. They've had similar experiences.

I've integrated it into Emacs via OpenAI's API product giving me access to their various text and code models. Perhaps I've just had my head in the sand too long (and my friends too), but our experience has been...shocking. To quote one of my friends after he asked it to rewrite his complex, threaded Python function as non-threaded: "I think we just met our first AI."

Don't waste time arguing with it about politics & philosophy. For that, it is an autistic 9 year old who has nearly memorized the Internet...up to Sept, 2021.

But, when used as a targeted tool in an iterative fashion, it shines. It will confidently churn out incorrect solutions sometimes. However, it adjusts based on feedback and new information. You just have to know how to use it.

I could provide details of the tasks it has helped me complete, but this isn't the place. I am curious what you think, Shiva? Is this OpenAI par for the course in the field now? Or has there been a breakthrough? The natural language capabilities alone are amazing.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    For doomsday, prepper people (though IMHO prepper is an intentional slur, just like anti-vaxxer) there may be some pschology involved (a "kick"). But for the majority of us it's like owning a firearm (such as the fire extinguisher analjgy): you hope you never have to use it, but you want to be prepared to use it, should the need arise. So read the news as little as possible to make as few (the least expensive/labor-intensive options) preparations as possible for these doomsday scenarios, in proportion to how likely they are to occur (which is a changing variable).
    Hopefully we've all improved our health as much as possible and made our jobs and living arrabgements as mobile as possible (investing your time/costs in proportion to the risk that you think exists), so as to never get stuck with our pants down needing the medical system, or living and working in a municipality/town/county/country that goes Lockdown apeshit crazy again.
    We all know now that none of the cops/doctors/politicians (nobility) really thought Covid was a huge risk, yet they did everything they did anyway, and the "people" played along to this Potemkin play anyway, so if you think the risk of this all repeating within our lifetimes is anything less than, I dunno, 75%, YOU (plural, not you, Jovan) are the guy getting a kick out of rose-colored optimism, not the other way around.
    Yes, an EMP or grid hit appears to be the bigger threat versus nukes or boots on the ground invasion. The foreshadowing seems quite apparent.

At least having basic preps on hand should be everyone's priority right now. All out prepping? Probably not a bad idea. And, have a plan with your families and neighbors for shtf...