starting strength gym
Page 2577 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 1577207724772527256725752576257725782579258726272677 ... LastLast
Results 25,761 to 25,770 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm starting to get the feeling that they are intentionally mocking the public with these vaxx injury euphemisms:

"Teenager dies after ‘turning head too quickly’ while making sandwiches at home"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Barry, that's terribly naive.
    Possibly. Can you explain what I am naive about?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Ideas like affirmative action initially (as intended not what it has become), seemed reasonable and possibly helpful in spite of the obvious problems they would ultimately create. I believe the evidence sufficiently supports a good intention - bad outcome situation. Same for title 9.

Additionally, an alternate conclusion that political correctness was created to suppress and control people, requires some details. Like who was doing what to whom.
    Over the past 3 years, what have you seen that reaffirms your faith in authority? Affirmative action is not a means of control and a source of power? Political Correctness is prima facie benign?

I believe most people were not racially motivated (racist) back in the 50s 60s and 70s. However, it undeniably did exist.

Ideas like affirmative action initially (as intended not what it has become), seemed reasonable and possibly helpful in spite of the obvious problems they would ultimately create. I believe the evidence sufficiently supports a good intention - bad outcome situation. Same for title 9.

Additionally, an alternate conclusion that political correctness was created to suppress and control people, requires some details. Like who was doing what to whom.

Until someone can produce the playbook for political correctness, I’m sticking with good intentions gone bad.
    You're trying to pinpoint the "birth" of PC for no good reason, and it kind of seems like a diversion tactic. Do people use political correctness to suppress and control people now or is still all a chaotic mess of "good intentions" gone haywire? And if they do exploit it now, were manipulative people in the past just too stupid to encourage and exploit good intentions?

And that is what bugs me so much about your position. It's just another inversion. You're blaming evil on good.

Over the past 3 years, what have you seen that reaffirms your faith in authority? Affirmative action is not a means of control and a source of power? Political Correctness is prima facie benign?
    Answering your questions:

I never have had faith in authority. This lack of faith in authority has been justified in the last three years.

Affirmative action may have been a means of control and source of power. I get that there were/are winners and losers. However there is no evidence that this was intentionally malicious.

I believe political correctness is prima facie harmful. I’ve said this for decades and consistently on this board.

Affirmative action may have been a means of control and source of power. I get that there were/are winners and losers. However there is no evidence that this was intentionally malicious.
    Is a psychopath intentionally malicious? Or is it just his nature?

Did The Authorities really believe that masks were effective, or were they using them as a control tool, because that's what they do?

The Real Science on Masks: They Make No Difference

Please do not be so credulous, Barry. What is evil? It is the intent to control other people to your own benefit. The evidence is everywhere.

Did The Authorities really believe that masks were effective, or were they using them as a control tool, because that's what they do?

I don’t mind trying to answer these types of questions but they are not well formulated.

Most medical authorities must have known the masks were not effective. Some thought they were highly effective. Some thought a little bit.

Perhaps the same for political authorities. Of those that knew they were ineffective or barely effective did they push/enforce them as a control tool? Probably some did. Others had no agenda in that regard whatsoever.

Conversely, are you claiming all authorities believed the masks were ineffective but used them as a control tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Now you sound like Anglin too. I get it now, there is obviously a digital whatever market to be made out of you super pessimistic guys. Don’t get me wrong, I am generally pessimistic about existence as such, I find it to be a monstrously bad idea. I know perfectly well why I am the way I am, I lost too many loves not because of my doing (the banality of it…). So someone offing me with a vaccine or something akin to the scenarios you guys are preparing for would be an improvement - meaning it’s not gonna happen.
    I don't know or care or this Anglin guy is.
    I also don't care what choices you make, as long as you aren't trying to force others to participate in that lifestyle.
    My personal choice is that I won't bend over and get fucked in the ass; you may call that pessimism, but it has more to do with me not being gay.

The Arizona cartel situation is by far the biggest story of the past 6 months; they own the electoral system in several states.
    It's even bigger than the CNN line trying to compare Putin to Hitler as a distraction and justification for war.

Rethinking that, the cartel takeover of the police, justice system and elections in many states is only overshadowed in the United States by Covid as the biggest event in the past 50 years.

starting strength coach development program
    I don’t mind trying to answer these types of questions but they are not well formulated.

Most medical authorities must have known the masks were not effective. Some thought they were highly effective. Some thought a little bit.

Perhaps the same for political authorities. Of those that knew they were ineffective or barely effective did they push/enforce them as a control tool? Probably some did. Others had no agenda in that regard whatsoever.

Conversely, are you claiming all authorities believed the masks were ineffective but used them as a control tool?
    I am claiming that the authorities used them as a control tool, lacked the intelligence to determine whether they were effective, and didn't care either way.