starting strength gym
Page 2578 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 1578207824782528256825762577257825792580258826282678 ... LastLast
Results 25,771 to 25,780 of 30238

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    However there is no evidence that this was intentionally malicious.
    Could you please what specify what evidence would convince you of malice? What exactly are you expecting this evidence to look like? I would like to falsify this claim, but you need to provide the parameters of what falsifiability looks like, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Could you please what specify what evidence would convince you of malice? What exactly are you expecting this evidence to look like? I would like to falsify this claim, but you need to provide the parameters of what falsifiability looks like, please.
    I can’t prove a negative as everyone knows but for the sake of conversation….

- Officially written documents

- first hand conversations.

- names and dates of those involved

As I’ve said many times, I don’t require very rigorous proof. Just more than “everyone knows that”.

Attachment 8287
    Latinx is a perfect example of the inorganic nature of political correctness. I've seen this word used, in all seriousness, on the local news in the SF Bay Area. They actually say it out fucking loud--I kid you not--in place of Latino. And this is in one of the highest Latino populations in the country. Do you think even 0.1% percent of Latinos appreciate this nonsense? What are the good intention being exploited here? This is just pure cultural warfare out in the open. They want to subvert everyone on the planet. I mean, who the fuck are these American academics to impose such a foul gesture on entire group of people? As if it were an appreciated band-aid for this unfortunately gendered language. It's absolutely outrageous. They are utter human trash, almost on par with the media that enables them.

Around the World in 80 Ways: Affirmative Action Around the World (Hi-Res) - YouTube

Thomas Sowell wrote a study about affirmative action back in 2004, if anyone's interested.

To me it just seems like a consequence of a "participation trophy" mentality adopted by politicians to try to manipulate votes. And now we are at a stage where these "preferred groups" as well as "non-preferred groups", aka everybody, wants their share of the supposedly free cake. This is why politics have become about identity (or the other way around I suppose) and got out of control.
    I'm guessing eventually this snake will bite its own tail and the laws of economics will apply as they always do. There's only so much delusion that can be collectively shared before reality kicks in. This has been going on for decades now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    My personal choice is that I won't bend over and get fucked in the ass; you may call that pessimism, but it has more to do with me not being gay.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Attachment 8287
    Latinx is a perfect example of the inorganic nature of political correctness. I've seen this word used, in all seriousness, on the local news in the SF Bay Area. They actually say it out fucking loud--I kid you not--in place of Latino. And this is in one of the highest Latino populations in the country. Do you think even 0.1% percent of Latinos appreciate this nonsense? What are the good intention being exploited here? This is just pure cultural warfare out in the open. They want to subvert everyone on the planet. I mean, who the fuck are these American academics to impose such a foul gesture on entire group of people? As if it were an appreciated band-aid for this unfortunately gendered language. It's absolutely outrageous. They are utter human trash, almost on par with the media that enables them.
    "Latino" itself is an entirely artificial construct of political correctness, let alone the nonsensical "latinx." Yes, indeed, the Spanish were a major, and' I'd argue positive, force in North, Central, and South America, but beyond that, what cultural influence does Spain offer anymore? Moreover, three distinct Latin groups are excluded purposefully from the nomenclature: the French, the Italians, and the Romanians, our languages and cultures all deriving from the remnants of the Roman Empire and the Western, i.e., Latin Rite, Church. Are we too "white?" Perhaps. What of the Portuguese? Can anyone say if they're actually "Latino" or is it just the Brazilians? Who cares? Most people think they're some kind of Spanish. Spanish-speaking Argentines, yes, of course; but, what about Italian-speaking Argentines? Probably shouldn't mention the Haitians or anyone in the West Indies.

I get that humans must label in order to orient themselves in the world, but one would think it'd be done in a logical manner.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Around the World in 80 Ways: Affirmative Action Around the World (Hi-Res) - YouTube

Thomas Sowell wrote a study about affirmative action back in 2004, if anyone's interested.

To me it just seems like a consequence of a "participation trophy" mentality adopted by politicians to try to manipulate votes. And now we are at a stage where these "preferred groups" as well as "non-preferred groups", aka everybody, wants their share of the supposedly free cake. This is why politics have become about identity (or the other way around I suppose) and got out of control.
    I'm guessing eventually this snake will bite its own tail and the laws of economics will apply as they always do. There's only so much delusion that can be collectively shared before reality kicks in. This has been going on for decades now.
    Equity: The Thief of Human Potential - Thomas Sowell - YouTube
    Coincidentally, AfterSkool just uploaded this

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    "Latino" itself is an entirely artificial construct of political correctness, let alone the nonsensical "latinx."
    You are right, but my point was the attack on the language itself, not the group label. The logical implication is that the language itself must eventually be de-gendered for "progress". It sounds impossible, but if they aren't stopped they'll eventually do it. The long term goal is to get rid of language diversity altogether.

If Clown World continues, both the Latino and Latinx labels will eventually be "wrong" too, just like Hispanic. This is another propaganda aspect of PC. You need to routinely change what is "wrong" in order to keep people on edge. It also makes it easy to identify those who are not enthusiastic about keeping up to date on what the current rules are. The potential wrong-thinkers. None of these tactics are new.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    "Latino" itself is an entirely artificial construct of political correctness, let alone the nonsensical "latinx."
    I get that humans must label in order to orient themselves in the world, but one would think it'd be done in a logical manner.
    I guess northern Americans would have to call southern Americans by their country of origin if it weren’t for Latino. Seems like too much trouble. Too many countries.