starting strength gym
Page 2602 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1602210225022552259226002601260226032604261226522702 ... LastLast
Results 26,011 to 26,020 of 30198

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobleaugg View Post
    I can answer the question about the rise of sea level pretty easily.
    Do.

Then back it up with something other then the pure bullshit you've been spewing heretofore.

Edison didn't invent the lightbulb. The lightbulb itself was invented > 40 years prior to Edison. He piggy backed on prior existing scientific ideas. Are you also suggesting that the development of fracking relied upon no geological research whatsoever? But sure, lets try it your way and abolish all government funding of research. That will certainly be fun as the rest of the world passes us by. You have proven yourself to be one of the greatest thinkers of our time.

I am not sure why you changed topics to global warming, but I can answer the question about the rise of sea level pretty easily. Before I do, are you suggesting that there has been no rise at all over the past 30 years or that the rise is of no consequence or concern? Or is this simply the part of the conversation where you hide amongst your followers and toss out insults without addressing the actual questions?
    Would it be better or worse for sea level to rise or fall? Would it be better or worse for average temperatures to go up or down a degree or two over decades? I don't know. What I do know is we humans are pretty good at adapting to "climate," otherwise we wouldn't have survived as long as we have.

Another thing I'm pretty confident in is that if "climate change" was actually a real issue, the governments of this world have shown themselves to be completely incompetent in resolving the most basic issues we all face on a daily basis, like decent roads and clean water. How in the actual duck can anyone think big gov either cares or wants to help the tax cattle? It's just fear mongering and division.

Regardless, without the research of others before him Edison would not have been able to bring it to commercial success. That is the whole point! Same thing with fracking. The industry may have developed it, but there certainly was years of geological research which contributed to its development, much of which was funded by the government.
    Source? You have no idea how petroleum engineering and geological research is funded.

The sea level has risen 6.5 inches since 1950, with almost half of that occurring in the past 20 years. I am certain your Google works just as well as mine.
    It does. Source?

I am not going to argue over the significance of that as I am not going to get drawn into an argument over climate change. I just don't understand the connection between an article about white males denying climate change to the discussion unless that article was a research study funded by the government, which it wasnt.
    It is not necessary that you understand anything. You clearly do not understand that the government lies about everything. They're even lying about what time it is, as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Would it be better or worse for sea level to rise or fall? Would it be better or worse for average temperatures to go up or down a degree or two over decades? I don't know. What I do know is we humans are pretty good at adapting to "climate," otherwise we wouldn't have survived as long as we have.

Another thing I'm pretty confident in is that if "climate change" was actually a real issue, the governments of this world have shown themselves to be completely incompetent in resolving the most basic issues we all face on a daily basis, like decent roads and clean water. How in the actual duck can anyone think big gov either cares or wants to help the tax cattle? It's just fear mongering and division.
    Why are you arguing with me about this? This was the reason I did not answer the ridiculous question being asked. I am not going to be drawn into a climate change argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Source? You have no idea how petroleum engineering and geological research is funded.

It does. Source?

It is not necessary that you understand anything. You clearly do not understand that the government lies about everything. They're even lying about what time it is, as of today.
    Here are my sources for the rise of sea level.

Let Me Google That

Now, why does the rise in sea level matter in this specific conversation. Do you honestly think that geological research and petroleum don't receive government funding?

Hydraulic Fracturing: A Public-Private R&D Success Story – ClearPath

The commercial development of these technologies is sometimes attributed to the efforts of an oil-industry entrepreneur, George Mitchell, and his company Mitchell Energy. While Mitchell deserves great credit, both for unusual persistence and for the ultimate development of an approach that combined horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing, there were other factors that made critical contributions to the commercial success of gas extraction from unconventionals.4 One of the most significant factors was government-funded research and development that helped move the technology toward commercialization, as noted by Dan Steward, former Vice President at Mitchell Energy.

That quote from the Vice President of Mitchel energy literally just stated exactly what I have been saying. Maybe my Google does work better than yours. Did someone switch your search engine to Bing by accident?

While we are on the topic of government and Special/Financial Interests collusion, listen to this speech from Dr. Melissa McCann : United Australia Party Conference, Sydney Feb 2023

Listen to Dr. McCann‘s awakening from an advocate for the Covid vaccine to realising something was dramatically wrong as the vaccine injured filled her practice & the data pointed to malfeasance & cover-up at the TGA.
    (Her talk is after Craig Kelly's short intro)

https://twitter.com/CKellyUAP/status...3dPr2VuHQ&s=19

Conflicts of Interest - A Case Study of Canada - YouTube

Part 2: Startling Evidence Suggests BioNTech/Pfizer Falsified Key Data & Further Scandals

FDA and CDC Assertions in Doubling Down on COVID-19 Vaccination

What is this leftist shit you keep talking about? At some level there was likely funding from the government that ultimately led to the development of the lightbulb. It was originally developed in Great Britain who had a history of funding research. I don't really care enough to do that deep of a dive into the history of the lightbulb. Regardless, without the research of others before him Edison would not have been able to bring it to commercial success. That is the whole point!
    The lightbulb was invented by Joseph Wilson Swan, a British inventor who had no government funding of any kind.
    Your argument that "It was originally developed in Great Britain who had a history of funding research" is the perfect example of leftish shit that you're pushing. It makes about as much sense as saying "Starting Strength was developed in Texas where a lot of people like cheeseburgers, therefore the blue book is a printed on a cheeseburger."

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I was fortunate to have participated in JFK's presidential fitness program in my youth. Although I was a weak, skinny, probably malnourished kid in school, every time I met a fitness goal it helped me understand I could do more than I thought I could. When I got to college and was able to get more food and access to weightlifting, I went from skinny to stronger pretty quickly with some hard work under the bar.

What a contrast back then from what is the so-called president we have now. Just imagine a debate on anything between JFK and FJB.

The Motivation Factor - Physical Education in schools in 1960's - #JFKChallenge - YouTube
    Loved the video- from a time when >95% of American youth (males primarily) could physically qualify for military service. Now it is down to <25%. As a 140lb 5'11'' athlete in high school I was able to go on to play college baseball, then excel on the USMC obstacle course right along with thousands of others. Lean and mean but not very strong. Never could gain weight until after I reached 30 yo.

What is this leftist shit you keep talking about? At some level there was likely funding from the government that ultimately led to the development of the lightbulb. It was originally developed in Great Britain who had a history of funding research. I don't really care enough to do that deep of a dive into the history of the lightbulb. Regardless, without the research of others before him Edison would not have been able to bring it to commercial success. That is the whole point! Same thing with fracking. The industry may have developed it, but there certainly was years of geological research which contributed to its development, much of which was funded by the government. Without the prior research, it would not have existed. I will concede that the way government funds research now differs greatly vs 150 years ago. But this helps to advance knowledge, technology in addition to the economy and private industry. But sure, lets stop funding research now. That will go real well for the country.

The sea level change was a complete change of topic and seems to be your way of steering the conversation into leftist and rightest ideas. The sea level has risen 6.5 inches since 1950, with almost half of that occurring in the past 20 years. I am certain your Google works just as well as mine. I am not going to argue over the significance of that as I am not going to get drawn into an argument over climate change. I just don't understand the connection between an article about white males denying climate change to the discussion unless that article was a research study funded by the government, which it wasnt.
    So your view is that without the government, the wheel wouldn't exist because it would have been too expensive an experiment?

Also, we all know Google is THE unbiased research engine you want to always use when looking up information, especially about climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You clearly do not understand that the government lies about everything. They're even lying about what time it is, as of today.
    I've never been able to understand why DST is still a thing (or ever was). Possibly the actions of a useless, incompetent government to keep the masses confused? But this is kinda funny:

Daylight Saving - Movie Trailer - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Why are you arguing with me about this? This was the reason I did not answer the ridiculous question being asked. I am not going to be drawn into a climate change argument.

Here are my sources for the rise of sea level.

Let Me Google That
    Seriously?? You are quoting Google quoting government sources claiming a sea level rise, when buildings are still being constructed on the beaches in Florida? The Government lies about everything, and you don't seem to realize this. Are you 7?

Now, why does the rise in sea level matter in this specific conversation. Do you honestly think that geological research and petroleum don't receive government funding?

Hydraulic Fracturing: A Public-Private R&D Success Story – ClearPath

That quote from the Vice President of Mitchel energy literally just stated exactly what I have been saying. Maybe my Google does work better than yours. Did someone switch your search engine to Bing by accident?
    A quote from anybody who gets any money at all from the government is going to reflect their willingness to keep getting money from the government, not how much money they got (it doesn't say) and how critical it was.

This is not a serious attempt to do anything but argue with me, and I'm done. Please go away.