starting strength gym
Page 2604 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1604210425042554259426022603260426052606261426542704 ... LastLast
Results 26,031 to 26,040 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobleaugg View Post
    The guy who was quote was the Vice President of Mitchel Energy, the company founded by George Mitchel, the entrepreneur who is credited for the development of fracking. And the article does explain how much government funding was provided and how critical it was (especially at the beginning stages). But more importantly you just stated that this man was in fact receiving money from the federal government! I thought that fracking was developed 100 within the industry. Interesting pivot. You dont have any argument because the examples you provided clearly fell apart under scrutiny. So yes, you are in fact done.

Yes Mark, this is my last post. I like how you demand proof, yet have never provided any of your own. You are literally getting angry with me because I am able to use google to fact check your bullshit claims. BTW, Medicare, which may be government funded, is not government funded research. You have a bad habit of conflating issues to dance around topics instead of addressing them.

Why are you asking me? What post of mine has ever addressed this?
    Your initial claims about free market vs. government owned monopoly have not been proven to be true. Again, what are you suggesting? That major scientific and technological discoveries would not be possible without government funding only because some of them happened to be government funded at some stage or another?
    This leads me to think you believe we would still be in prehistoric conditions without a centralized form of power, which is worrying.
    We all know you came here to argue with Rip and suck your own dick for a while, but I think you deviated from my original comment which sparked your response.
    Did you celebrate the government's power when they told you the covid vax was free? After all, that's what government is all about, lowering prices for fundamental goods and services, no?
    No market forces needed in that event. God knows what would've happened in a free market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

If the role was "critical" you should be able to tell us what it was. Do so, or this is your last post.
    Coach, please don't ban him. It's interesting see how some people think. It's like rubbernecking a wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Not arguing about anything, just asked a couple of questions about why climate and sea level etc are "expected" to remain at some arbitrarily pre-determined level of homeostasis for the sake of humanity? I've stated this before, where I live, the "climate" varies 130 degrees F from winter to summer.

People have survived and thrived here for many years, even before any electricity or central heating or indoor plumbing ever existed.

We the People are perfectly capable of managing our own lives without big government's "help." Unfortunately, I think we are in the cyclical phase of "good times create weak men."

Why are you talking about climate change within the context of the discussion? Also you are welcome to go live in the woods without and electricity and plumbing, but yet you chose to type this post on a device that requires technology and electricity to work and the internet (which was also originally a government funded project) to read and reply to others posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    A Russian, Alexander Lodygin, is the one who beat Edison to the punch:
    Alexander Lodygin - Wikipedia

Yes, your Google machine is broken, but only the Slavs can get us out of this mess, as usual: Try Yandex.
    Not that it matters or that I care, but you are still wrong. The idea to use electricity to create light was in development over 200 years ago. Laurey's patent was filed in 1972 which was proceeded by Edison's patent was filed in 1879. They used different filaments, although both individuals ae created as inventors of the lightbulb. The first person to have created a lightbulb was British Chemist Warren De La Rue in 1840. But who cares? None of this actually pertains to the discussion.

Spiking EggNog, I would say that we wouldn't have had the computer revolution without Bell Labs, which was /heavily/ government subsidized (right?). Not saying that's the norm, because we as a people lost enthusiasm for that kind and level of investment (Apollo comes to mind as well). It is odd that the shift to "lifestyle" thinking (post JFK assasination) sort of overlaps with the tapering off of the Bell Labs and Space Heyday. Maybe that quality of effort was replaced with Medicard/welfare type funding movements.

Correct as needed; I'm no historian.

Quote Originally Posted by vkp78 View Post
    Coach, please don't ban him. It's interesting see how some people think. It's like rubbernecking a wreck.
    I've got to. A couple slid by, but he still hasn't described the crucial role played by the government in George Mitchell's fracking technology. So he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    This was a fascinating discussion. Barry, you might find this of interest.
    How to STARVE CANCER & Heal the Body | Dr. Thomas Seyfried - YouTube
    Thanks! Yes it’s interesting but it’s also upsetting. If and when the time comes for you, you have to pick your treatment path and probably stick with it. Chasing fads won’t work.

It will take a lot more than Dr Seyfried’s KETO fetish to get me to endorse starvation techniques to fight an otherwise certainly fatal disease. Confidence is strong medicine too!

Also you are welcome to go live in the woods without and electricity and plumbing, but yet you chose to type this post on a device that requires technology and electricity to work and the internet (which was also originally a government funded project) to read and reply to others posts.

God bless Uncle Ted. In case anyone hasn't read Industrial Society, this is a prime example of the people Dr. K Kasynski was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Thanks! Yes it’s interesting but it’s also upsetting. If and when the time comes for you, you have to pick your treatment path and probably stick with it. Chasing fads won’t work.

It will take a lot more than Dr Seyfried’s KETO fetish to get me to endorse starvation techniques to fight an otherwise certainly fatal disease. Confidence is strong medicine too!
    You're right. I apologize for my insensitivity.

Musk is an idiot. This “censored“ video that “won't be shown on CNN“ was literally played during the January 6th hearing that aired on CNN.

07/21/22 Select Committee Hearing - YouTube

The transcript of this video was also included on the final report of the select committee.

This occurred after he broke into the Capitol as part of a violent mob. There is video of him when he actually entered the Capitol showing people breaking the windows.

Judge releases new video of 'QAnon Shaman' Jacob Chansley during Capitol riot - Exhibit 2 - YouTube

No, he didn't through a broken window and it is unclear how that door was opened. I will even give him credit that it looks like he redirected a man from grabbing candy or whatever was over to the side. But he did enter with this violent mob, used a megaphone to rile them up (this occurred prior to the Musk video), and disrupted a congressional hearing. All charges that have been captured on video and he plead guilty to.

CHANSLEY, Jacob Anthony (aka Jacob Angeli) | USAO-DC | Department of Justice

This was far from the tourist visit Tucker Carlson (a man who has flat out admitted to lying on air and whose personal texts in court are contradictory to what he says on air (i.e. he lies to you for ratings) is convincing people it was.

At first, I thought CommanderFun's comment about these posts possibly coming from Eglin Airforce Base was a well-deserved swipe at this guy for being an NPC.
    Now, I am thinking it is a real possibility; I have seen postings like his plastered, almost verbatim, at multiple other places on the internet after the Tucker Carson J6 coverage.

starting strength coach development program
    I wonder why this mainstream news organization decided to take down this article.
    https://archive.md/WkyQS