starting strength gym
Page 2619 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1619211925192569260926172618261926202621262926692719 ... LastLast
Results 26,181 to 26,190 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It seems contrary to SS from my perspective. The Blue Book is the application of the simplest principles to the objective of getting stronger, Peterson's whatever thing is putting a lot of jargon on a super simple thing - family is good and important for society, hence the governors are trying to destroy it. I don't see anything counterintuitive here.
    That's because you know that to be true already.
    Many people don't think like that nowadays.
    The vision is not just about family though, it's about those things that can give sustained meaning to a person's life, especially through troubled times, because they are based in personal responsibility in one's role in society, which is the opposite of what a lot of people propose, which is why there is a need for such a "duh", type of vision.

In the same way people propose running for long term health as opposed to what should be the intuitive "duh" thing which is strength training.

The counterintuitiveness is for people who don't see it that way. Those people that think that putting heterosexual monogamous relationships with children and marriage as the ideal, somehow makes it impossible for anyone who is not like that to participate in society.
    If you're gay, you will not have an ideal family, and that's that. It doesn't mean you won't be able to raise children or be happy with your partner.
    Just like someone with poor mobility will not low bar squat but might front squat, you're still squatting and getting stronger, only a little differently, because the purpose is not to perfectly recreate the Model, is to use it to get stronger.
    The purpose of a society is kinda similar, to create a healthy solid foundation in the present that is also going to be able to resist future crises better.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Man, Peterson sure does love his hierarchies. He seems to ignore how easy and often hierarchies are hijacked via politicking and manipulation.
    Well nature loves them apparently, having existed for billions of years.
    I guess his premise is that the hierarchy is not a power based one, but reciprocal recognition of roles, which sounds similar cause I'm not good at phrasing things, but it's different. Power means a continuous climb to the top through any means necessary for a temporary timeframe.
    Roles means that everyone has their place based on meritocracy or will or nature or whatever the rules of that particular hierarchy is.
    I don'y know, it sounds inevitable to me.

What you said it's kinda like saying that capitalism is a bad thing because of big corporations that corrupt politicians and judges to their favour and become monopolies. The two things are not directly related, since monopolies exist in non-capitalist countries too. And the State itself has a monopoly on the use of violence.

More from Ed Dowd on "vaccine damage", this time using the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

"An Extraordinary Change": Labor Data Reveals Shocking Drop In Workplace Attendance Following Vax Campaign | ZeroHedge

MIT Professor Calls for HALT of the mRNA Vaccine Program Due to Serious Adverse Events and Death - DailyClout

FOIA'd Contracts Show CDC Expected up to 1,000 VAERS Reports per Day for COVID Vaccines

Assuming an 8 hour working day, that contractor was expected to process 2 a minute. Complex medical details that can take an hour to enter dismissed in 30 seconds.
    https://twitter.com/JoshForBurt/stat...40YHRTR-A&s=19

Alan Jones schooling the potential deputy prime minister of Australia. This man is great!
    https://twitter.com/1Fubar/status/14...Hy_b9ycUQ&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Man, Peterson sure does love his hierarchies. He seems to ignore how easy and often hierarchies are hijacked via politicking and manipulation.
    Yes, his hardon for hierarchies is weird because it isn't that hierarchy is inherently desirable, it's that it is inevitable. Organizations, cultures, institutions that are dominated by leftists are all hierarchical. The Western university system is extremely hierarchical and totally controlled by leftists from dean to janitor. The Communist states were and are highly hierarchical, and for that matter, were and are extremely violent, authoritarian, patriarchal and in Europe, were totally controlled by straight white men. None of that makes Communism good.

He shouldn't be "defending" hierarchy, he should be pointing out that when people say they are against it, they're just lying. Leftists don't want to deconstruct hierarchy, that's just a smokescreen for will to power.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    As far as COVID goes, I'd rather have the sniffles than to have to take down several home invaders at 3am.
    Science denier! The lock on my door has been busted for two years or so. My downstairs neighbor is the best alarm system in continental Europe though. My mom keeps pestering me to change the lock. Maybe she is right.

Covid lockdown was the worst thing that could have happened to this country. What I don't understand is how Trump allowed it to happen on his watch. Things were going well for most of us, then over night a horror story began. Our President seemed to have put his trust into those he was led to believe that they knew what they were doing, but it turns out they only had their interests on there mind. I saw Fauci on TV last week, when asked why he did what he did it was all double talk, like a true politician.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Covid lockdown was the worst thing that could have happened to this country. What I don't understand is how Trump allowed it to happen on his watch. Things were going well for most of us, then over night a horror story began. Our President seemed to have put his trust into those he was led to believe that they knew what they were doing, but it turns out they only had their interests on there mind. I saw Fauci on TV last week, when asked why he did what he did it was all double talk, like a true politician.
    “Covid lockdown was the worst thing that could have happened to this country.”

Yeah, I’m gonna have to add an addendum to that:

“So far”.

Quote Originally Posted by my_back_hurts View Post
    Yes, his hardon for hierarchies is weird because it isn't that hierarchy is inherently desirable, it's that it is inevitable. Organizations, cultures, institutions that are dominated by leftists are all hierarchical. The Western university system is extremely hierarchical and totally controlled by leftists from dean to janitor. The Communist states were and are highly hierarchical, and for that matter, were and are extremely violent, authoritarian, patriarchal and in Europe, were totally controlled by straight white men. None of that makes Communism good.

He shouldn't be "defending" hierarchy, he should be pointing out that when people say they are against it, they're just lying. Leftists don't want to deconstruct hierarchy, that's just a smokescreen for will to power.
    He actually said that mutliple times. About how the post-modern feminist/marxist will base their theory on a power based tyrannical hierarchy (the patriarchy) and therefore their solution is only about taking power and simply replacing the tyrannical men on top, even if they claim otherwise.

So yeah, it is inevitable that if you exist in the hierarchy you will have to play by its rules, in fact Jordan talks about the concept of "voluntary play" often as the desirable structure.
    Unless you apply the "break the wheel" tactic like Daenarys Taragaryen in Game of Thrones, but that usually ends with millions burning alive, kinda like real life.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I think 1971 was the worst thing to happen

WTF Happened In 1971?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    That's because you know that to be true already.
    Many people don't think like that nowadays.
    The vision is not just about family though, it's about those things that can give sustained meaning to a person's life, especially through troubled times, because they are based in personal responsibility in one's role in society, which is the opposite of what a lot of people propose, which is why there is a need for such a "duh", type of vision.

In the same way people propose running for long term health as opposed to what should be the intuitive "duh" thing which is strength training.

The counterintuitiveness is for people who don't see it that way. Those people that think that putting heterosexual monogamous relationships with children and marriage as the ideal, somehow makes it impossible for anyone who is not like that to participate in society.
    If you're gay, you will not have an ideal family, and that's that. It doesn't mean you won't be able to raise children or be happy with your partner.
    Just like someone with poor mobility will not low bar squat but might front squat, you're still squatting and getting stronger, only a little differently, because the purpose is not to perfectly recreate the Model, is to use it to get stronger.
    The purpose of a society is kinda similar, to create a healthy solid foundation in the present that is also going to be able to resist future crises better.
    I guess you are right, mainly since I can't be bothered to listen to Peterson for more than two minutes these days. It all seems like too much talk to me, but there obviously is an audience. I don't hate the message.