starting strength gym
Page 2626 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1626212625262576261626242625262626272628263626762726 ... LastLast
Results 26,251 to 26,260 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The masses can be godless but they can't be atheists.
    Outstanding gem from an outstanding post. Chapeau.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    I don't think this has received the attention it deserves, so in case you missed it:

https://twitter.com/Xx17965797N/stat...40609731018752

>> Russia to use Chinese yuan instead of US dollars to settle trade with Asia, Africa, and Latin America.

IPB
    Especially if you have kids. If not, consider yourself behind enemy lines, with everything that entails.

I think the liberal fringe was right about vaccines.

French mayor in support of new asylum center in seaside town has his house burned down

I do hope this was the French protecting the French, and not just another "refugee" biting the hand that feeds. Although the latter would be kind of funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    It’s time to shit on lawyers.

We have eviscerated the medical profession and exposed the deep corruption in science. But what about law?

Any lawyers here (or employed in the field)? Out yourselves. Over half of Congress and Presidents are or were lawyers. Who knows at the state and local level?

In any case, fuck you too. You produce nothing, you make molehills into mountains (for profit) and you are not really all that bright. It could be argued (I am) that lawyers enable almost everything bad especially in the broad context of this thread.

For example, who benefits more from men competing in woman powerlifting? The transgendered? Families? Woman? The spirit of the sport? No. Lawyers.

Why AREN'T we killing you first?
    I think in practical terms, religion is more integral to the function of civilization than to the function of individual psychology. Time established Religion provides the masses with the best, and maybe only, means of effectively defying human authority. When a civilization has paired with a religion over time, the religion becomes the civilization's firewall. It says in absolute terms "this far, and no farther". It inherently has boundaries that even a king cannot openly cross, much less more novel authorities. The civilization can only be radically changed if the firewall is neutralized, which is why all the different groups of Marxists who have subverted the West always aimed their first attacks on Christianity. When the firewall is gone, you can even say 2+2=1 and get away with it.

The masses will never have any interest in philosophy, so that isn't even an option. The masses can be godless but they can't be atheists. It takes an IQ above the average to even be interested in such ideas. Because of this, all civilizations require some type of unifying propaganda. A healthy civilization will have one that educates (old sense of the word), edifies, and animates them. That has historically been the role of religion. When it does its job, a society can never become as suicidal and demoralized as we have. Of course, this also means that when the established "propaganda" system is torn down, another must replace it if things are to start functioning again. And that's what we've seen in the new religion being forced upon the West: WWII is the creation myth, climate change is the eschatology, sacrificing fuel usage and access to food is penance, and Whiteness is original sin (this is also near proof that our new religion is not natively European, and is likely genocidal in the long run). Really, it's more like a lazy, spiteful caricature of Christianity than a new religion. But the most important thing that sets the new religion apart from the others is that it hasn't been voted on through a selection process spanning generations. It's a novel, test-tube mutant, artificially created by what are probably the most mal-educated crop of elites in the history of Western civilization. An uninspiring, unpoetic, idiotic monstrosity that is destined to fail very quickly in the grand scheme of things.
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    For believers in Christ these happenings in the world should come to no surprise. We know that the world system eventually leads to as in the mark of the beast and eventually Christ's reign for 1000 years. We just don't fully know when these future events will occur but they will and they are being unveiled right before our eyes one day at a time.
    Anticausal is right, this is no different than the climate change apocalypticism.
    I guess it's easier not to think and just believe

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    In the meantime, could he maybe do something about the FBI?
    If he couldn't keep Biden out of office, forget about the FBI, not to mention bad drivers.

I think in practical terms, religion is more integral to the function of civilization than to the function of individual psychology. Time established Religion provides the masses with the best, and maybe only, means of effectively defying human authority. When a civilization has paired with a religion over time, the religion becomes the civilization's firewall. It says in absolute terms "this far, and no farther". It inherently has boundaries that even a king cannot openly cross, much less more novel authorities. The civilization can only be radically changed if the firewall is neutralized, which is why all the different groups of Marxists who have subverted the West always aimed their first attacks on Christianity. When the firewall is gone, you can even say 2+2=1 and get away with it.

The masses will never have any interest in philosophy, so that isn't even an option. The masses can be godless but they can't be atheists. It takes an IQ above the average to even be interested in such ideas. Because of this, all civilizations require some type of unifying propaganda. A healthy civilization will have one that educates (old sense of the word), edifies, and animates them. That has historically been the role of religion. When it does its job, a society can never become as suicidal and demoralized as we have. Of course, this also means that when the established "propaganda" system is torn down, another must replace it if things are to start functioning again. And that's what we've seen in the new religion being forced upon the West: WWII is the creation myth, climate change is the eschatology, sacrificing fuel usage and access to food is penance, and Whiteness is original sin (this is also near proof that our new religion is not natively European, and is likely genocidal in the long run). Really, it's more like a lazy, spiteful caricature of Christianity than a new religion. But the most important thing that sets the new religion apart from the others is that it hasn't been voted on through a selection process spanning generations. It's a novel, test-tube mutant, artificially created by what are probably the most mal-educated crop of elites in the history of Western civilization. An uninspiring, unpoetic, idiotic monstrosity that is destined to fail very quickly in the grand scheme of things.
    That is the most succinct explanation of why leftism is the new religion, and why its bad that I have ever read. Bravo.

I in no way will flesh this thought out as well as you, but perhaps leftisms' rise in the recent decades coinciding with increased college attendance is no coincidence. Our culture has shoved millions of people into a system they don't have the mental capacity to be in. At the same time they are distanced from their families and likely stop attending church. They eventually either drop out or pile on stupid amounts of debt for nothingburger degrees, and find the leftism taught by the system as a new religion to replace their old one.

This removal from family and traditional religion is tolerated well enough by the best and brightest among us; they navigate young adulthood without the weekly reinforcement of religion and remain moral. This cohort are most likely not the ones not getting the Liberal arts degrees that plague the leftist movement. They leave the university system, get a job, start a family, return to church, and a moral life.

I really can’t follow what you have written, which is on me, but at face value, religion seems as evil as anything organized we are experiencing today. I find the parallels uncanny.
    The parallels are there because Clown World ideology intentionally, knowingly hijacks the same psychological architecture as religion (a point articulated admirably well by the post you quoted).

That doesn't tell you anything interesting; that architecture is there whether you like it or not, unless you have brain surgery to get it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by my_back_hurts View Post
    The parallels are there because Clown World ideology intentionally, knowingly hijacks the same psychological architecture as religion (a point articulated admirably well by the post you quoted).

That doesn't tell you anything interesting; that architecture is there whether you like it or not, unless you have “brain surgery”
    Can you or someone else say specifically who the architect(s) are? Also who is or isn’t in clown world? Am I in clown world and Coach Rip isn’t? Or the other way around? Maybe we are both a little clownish? Otherwise, If it’s black and white, say what the parameters are.

Biden Targets Air Conditioners In Latest Attack on Americans’ Quality-of-Life Choices

It seems as though they know they're leaving soon, and they are trying to do as much damage in the time they have left as possible. If this doesn't show the democrat base what the problem actually is, they can't be shown.

Window air conditioners — also known as room air conditioners — are smaller air conditioners that can be put into window frames. They are the main cooling source for 21.4 million U.S. households, according to the Energy Department.

The new standards, shared first with The Hill, would save consumers a total of about $1.5 billion per year on their electricity bills, the Energy Department said. It also expects the standards to cut carbon dioxide emissions by 106 million metric tons over 30 years — the equivalent of the annual emissions of 13.4 million homes.

Together, they are expected to cost manufacturers a total of about $82.1 million to comply with.
    Biden's latest target in his war on appliances: air conditioning units

Now, in the latest episode of Team Biden’s “war on appliances,” the Energy Department has turned its attention to air conditioners, specifically room air conditioners of the sort used disproportionately by poor people, minorities and the elderly to keep cool in summer heat.

New energy-efficiency regulations promise to make these units more expensive for consumers and potentially less reliable and less effective at, you know, actually cooling things off.

“What these standards do is enforce a level of efficiency that doesn’t make sense,” the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Ben Lieberman told Fox News Digital last week. “And they compromise product quality. We’ve already seen this to an extent with cost of clothes-washer standards.”
    If all you want to do is lower "carbon emissions", all you have to do is turn off the electricity to California. I am in favor of that. Or Glenn's idea:

Therefore, I have a proposal of my own: Ban air conditioning in Washington, DC. Sure, it’ll be less comfortable. But let’s face facts: We won two world wars with a capital city that was largely devoid of air conditioning.

Now there’s air conditioning everywhere in DC, but is the government working any better?

At least in the old days, Congress and senior bureaucrats used to flee the Washington heat for a few months, keeping them out of trouble and, in the congressmen’s case, possibly in closer touch with constituents. So no AC for DC!

(I would consider only banning air conditioning in federal buildings, but then they’d probably just hang out in cushy air-conditioned lobbyist offices, so it’s best to subject everyone to the rule.)
    And here's an example of my first point above: One Billion Gretas: Biden Admin Pledges Taxpayer Cash To Support Young Climate Activists Abroad

The Biden administration plans to use taxpayer funds to inspire and support young climate activists in developing countries—even as it acknowledges that young people suffer from "climate-related mental health conditions."

President Joe Biden's U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) last year released its 2022-2030 climate strategy, which outlines a $150 billion "whole-of-Agency approach" to building an "equitable world with net-zero greenhouse gas emissions." Included in that effort is a pledge to support "behavior change and communications campaigns" that "encourage youth's active participation" in the climate movement. Young people, the agency says, "have emerged in recent years as key actors … in demanding government action to tackle the climate crisis," prompting USAID to increase its funding for "youth-led organizations" working to fight climate change in at least 40 partner countries
    Hurry, you cocksuckers, while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Anticausal is right, this is no different than the climate change apocalypticism.
    You missed the point of his post.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I guess it's easier not to think and just believe
    It is, because those who think as such don't actually want to have to do anything. Faith is the assent of one's reason to proposed Truth. It is actually an extremely difficult thing to do.

starting strength coach development program
    Can you or someone else say specifically who the architect(s) are? Also who is or isn’t in clown world? Am I in clown world and Coach Rip isn’t? Or the other way around? Maybe we are both a little clownish? Otherwise, If it’s black and white, say what the parameters are.
    Sure, it is the cohort of intellectuals, both in academia and outside of it, whose train of thought originates in the partially-failed revolutionaries of the 1960s - so Foucault (described by Chomsky as "totally amoral"), Derrida, Butler, Firestone, Gramsci, Freud, Ginsberg, Sontag, etc etc - and the various freaks and weirdoes they trained and ordained. You can compare political demographics of the university system in e.g. the late 50's vs. the late 80's to see how quickly and completely they marched through that institution.

These people and their acolytes have shaped the thought processes of lawyers, politicians, non-profit CEOs, and teachers for 4 generations now. Leftists infiltrated the education system on purpose, for that purpose; and they are in turn totally open about using the educational system to advance their goals. Here for example is the largest teacher's union in the country just telling you they have specific leftist political causes they are trying to accomplish, in and through the school system. Where do those goals come from? From the value system inculcated into them by the universities in which they were trained, by the people I just described.

Anyways, that's it in a nutshell, roughly speaking. I happen to think, by the way, that De Sade has more to do with modern leftism than conservative bugaboo Marx, but that might be a discussion for another time.