starting strength gym
Page 2634 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1634213425342584262426322633263426352636264426842734 ... LastLast
Results 26,331 to 26,340 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    That no one ever uses explosives or other tactics is a pretty good clue that a lot of these mass shootings are not the organic events they are portrayed to be. The wind up toys are only nudged into using explosives if they are Muslim (pasee in the current political environment), or feigning attacks on the media (i.e. the "MAGA bomber").

"How many children have to die before you give up your guns?"
    Nailed it. Explosives are already outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    My main concern at this point is the escalation to explosives. Almost every school shooter up until this point has either planned or attempted it. They're not that hard to make. We trained on it, and it gets hairy quickly. Things go mass casualty quickly, and it takes a lot longer to get EMS on scene to start trauma treatment. Victims have to be extracted carefully, and care slows down.
    Interesting point. If they aren't hard to make and deploy, I wonder why explosives haven't been used yet.

Incidentally, from the first shooting I remember, I think it was Columbine, I wondered why the shooters didn't just use explosives. I assumed firearms don't require the sophistication that explosives do, and firearms are much easier to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    "How many children have to die before you give up your guns?"
    It's amazing how many stupid people fall for that one. A few kids per year may die from school shootings, but tyrannical governments are known to kill millions. I'll take my chances on the former.

This seems correct to me: Just a moment...

So the Democrats decided to indict Donald Trump after all. (I assume that Alvin Bragg would not have proceeded without a green light from higher-ups in the party.) Here, as in so many other areas, we are in uncharted waters. The Democrats have launched a sort of blitzkrieg against our traditions, our Constitution, our culture (at least, our culture as it was), and every form of restraint that makes civil society possible. They have unleashed a wind, and seem serenely confident that they will never face a whirlwind. I don’t know, maybe they are right. I do know that after today, our country will never be the same again.
    If the party in power can indict their leading opponent of the other party before an election, this "democracy" they keep talking about is complete bullshit. This is far more important than most people and all of the state media appreciate.

The Day America Became Russia ━ The European Conservative

Back in January 2021, the Washington Post reported that Navalny had three criminal investigations going on against him, “all of them politically motivated” according to Navalny himself. Soon thereafter, President Joe Biden strongly condemned the imprisonment of Navalny as “politically motivated” and part of efforts by the Russian president to “suppress freedom of expression and peaceful assembly.”

Biden also demanded Navalny’s immediate and unconditional release.

Such are things in totalitarian Russia. Now, fast forward to March 30, 2023 and the United States of America:

Former President Donald Trump has been indicted as part of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office’s years-long investigation, possibly for hush money payments. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg has been investigating Trump for hush money payments made leading up to the 2016 presidential election.

This indictment is so obviously political, so blatantly an effort at stopping a political opponent to the sitting American president, that it is surprising there is even a debate over this.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    It's amazing how many stupid people fall for that one. A few kids per year may die from school shootings, but tyrannical governments are known to kill millions. I'll take my chances on the former.
    It doesn't make sense logically. How would me not being allowed to have a gun help prevent a kid somewhere else from getting it illegally and shooting up a place? It's so stupid. Like I'm the one selling weapons to the shooters

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This seems correct to me: Just a moment...

If the party in power can indict their leading opponent of the other party before an election, this "democracy" they keep talking about is complete bullshit. This is far more important than most people and all of the state media appreciate.
    Yes it is important, and it’s also coded, captured language.

“Our Democracy” as Leftists put it, does not mean what most people believe it to mean.

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...703034375?s=20

Columbine did involve explosives, but they largely failed. Most shooters have at least planned it, but it's rarely reported on. I worked with this last year -- very prevalent. It used to be that Amazon recommended items (the "other users bought this, too" kind of stuff) would both supply you with everything you'd need for a bomb.

It also used to do the same for a suicide kit.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    It doesn't make sense logically. How would me not being allowed to have a gun help prevent a kid somewhere else from getting it illegally and shooting up a place? It's so stupid. Like I'm the one selling weapons to the shooters
    Stochastic gun violence. See?

starting strength coach development program
    I love this forum thread, and the links that are often included; great food for thought.
    As this jenga tower that is our world starts to wobble more and more I find it is starting to impact my sleep and affecting my recovery as well.
    Then along comes this article;
    Operation Sand Man and Ramifications… | Capitalist Eric
    Oh yeah this is gonna help me sleep!

predicting a hard date is a fools errand, but the trend is obvious and historic and is starting to shout at us all with ears to listen.

$, banks, trans activists, Ukraine, Brandon, and etc.

I don’t know hardly anyone around here in my cohort that lifts other than me, my wife and one friend. Hopefully this harder to kill shit will pay off.
    Also we are the only purebloods that I know of as well.
    Everyone else seems to be decaying into decrepitude, with at least 5 family, friends and acquaintances getting fast turbo cancers recently and several have died just this year already.

Beans, bullets, barbells and bullion.