starting strength gym
Page 2635 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 1635213525352585262526332634263526362637264526852735 ... LastLast
Results 26,341 to 26,350 of 30206

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That's an interesting assertion. Who exactly will make us part of Mexico? I guess you don't live in Texas.
    There are a lot of strange phenomena happening in the world these days. No one would have thought it would be possible to indict a President. No would have thought one year back Putin would take on the west via the Ukraine and end up with an arrest warrant. I never thought Australia would be Labor (Democrat) Federal and State at the last State election.

The Russians want the old eastern block counties back and also Alaska, China wants Taiwan, the aboriginal folk here in Australia want Australia back and we are giving it back, bit by bit. The traditional owners want there lands back.

So was not Texas part of the greater state of Chihuahua many moons ago? If Texas which was an independent republic before it joined the Union ever decides to withdraw from the Union, it would have to rejoin Mexico and again become part of the Mexican state of Chihuahua. It would be called the New Republic of Texas ( República de Tejas).

These folk the Nationalist Front of Mexico want your state back. "The Reconquista". They do not want the anglo-amercan occupying the greater part of southern US. Anything is possible.

That's an interesting assertion. Who exactly will make us part of Mexico? I guess you don't live in Texas.
    By physically being 50.1% or more of the population in some towns and voting for it. You've seen what happens in la and san fransisco when people vote for people that don't have allegiance to the country, now imagine that with Mexicans in Texas. I'm sure there already are some towns where the majority isn't American. And even if it's not it's close, and stopping that at this point would be difficult to say the least. Deporting millions of illegals is logistically difficult. Triply so if large parts of the government in those places are made up of Mexicans.

Look at London for an example. At last census count only 35 or so % of London was native born. The "Cockney" ethnic group no longer exists.

Who would hire them?
    HR departments, governments, government HR departments.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Interesting point. If they aren't hard to make and deploy, I wonder why explosives haven't been used yet.

Incidentally, from the first shooting I remember, I think it was Columbine, I wondered why the shooters didn't just use explosives. I assumed firearms don't require the sophistication that explosives do, and firearms are much easier to acquire.
    I think part of it is the learning curve. You have to figure out how to make a decent bomb, and probably test them out yourself. Testing out bombs is something people can notice you doing and stop you before you get to have your big moment.

The other part, that I think contributes more to this, is the feeling of power. You don't feel powerful planting a bomb and leaving it for someone else to get killed by, not like you feel just grabbing a gun and killing a whole bunch of people. I think the common thread of all of these "mass shooters" (aside from the gang violence related ones perhaps) is that they are suffering from the feeling of being crushed by the weight of society that I think many of us feel. By killing a bunch of people they feel like they are finally pushing back and asserting themselves. The difference between them and much of the rest of us is, most of us recognize that other people are also feeling the same and that is no excuse to go out and murder them. They put aside that empathy component and just want to feel like they have some power in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    So was not Texas part of the greater state of Chihuahua many moons ago? If Texas which was an independent republic before it joined the Union ever decides to withdraw from the Union, it would have to rejoin Mexico and again become part of the Mexican state of Chihuahua. It would be called the New Republic of Texas ( República de Tejas).

These folk the Nationalist Front of Mexico want your state back. "The Reconquista". They do not want the anglo-amercan occupying the greater part of southern US. Anything is possible.
    For you and Subby: Australians just don't understand the situation here. The ethnic Mexicans in Texas are either illegals or they are Texans. If they wanted to be in Mexico, they'd still be in Mexico. The Nationalist Front of Mexico can come on up, if they want to, and if they can get here. They'd have to come through Jack County, and that will be a problem for them. They cannot have my property. Hell, boys, they can't even control the property they've already got. You've heard of The Cartels, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I think part of it is the learning curve. You have to figure out how to make a decent bomb, and probably test them out yourself. Testing out bombs is something people can notice you doing and stop you before you get to have your big moment.

The other part, that I think contributes more to this, is the feeling of power. You don't feel powerful planting a bomb and leaving it for someone else to get killed by, not like you feel just grabbing a gun and killing a whole bunch of people. I think the common thread of all of these "mass shooters" (aside from the gang violence related ones perhaps) is that they are suffering from the feeling of being crushed by the weight of society that I think many of us feel. By killing a bunch of people they feel like they are finally pushing back and asserting themselves. The difference between them and much of the rest of us is, most of us recognize that other people are also feeling the same and that is no excuse to go out and murder them. They put aside that empathy component and just want to feel like they have some power in their lives.
    Absolutely. These mass-shooters have no intention of bombing anything. The death is not the point -- the shooting is the point. That's what makes their little dicks hard, the power over the child you kill with your badass 9. Bombs just aren't fun the same way.

This is the most horrifying thing I've read: Operation Sand Man and Ramifications… | Capitalist Eric

COVID-19 was a distraction.

This is the most horrifying thing I've read: Operation Sand Man and Ramifications… | Capitalist Eric

In handsight, it obviously was. The bankers and financial actors at play know exactly what's going on and what's gonna happen, they just pay to put on a puppet show for you to think that's what you should care about. The war on drugs, terrorism, pandemics, social movements, actual wars, fake debunking and crazy conspiracy theorists, you name it. It's the same old shit from the last 50 years.
    A famous Mafia prosecutor from the 80s, Paolo Borsellino, almost single handedly responsible for cracking down the Mafia system and catch the main guys, used to say something very simple:"follow the money". And he was the only guy to actually get shit done and understand that the Mafia had corrupted many people of the State. Him and his partner obviously got murdered.
    The system is a farse, has been for a long time. Everyone knows it but decides to play along because "well, mabye it's not gonna be THAT bad", but it will be, it's DESIGNED to be bad for YOU. And "you" includes more and more people over time.
    The only way out is...well, out.

Another quote from him is:
    "If people will deny their consent to it, even the omnipotent and misterious Mafia will cease to exist"
    Same goes for the bigger and more damaging Mafia that is the banking and financial system, it doesn't act differently from the mob.

And I will say this as many times as I'm allowed, we have the alternative in Bitcoin. Mabye someone will figure out other alternatives, but as of now, I don't see why the would need to.
    And I will leave this here, I posted it some time ago but it's a pretty relevant analogy now:
    Cryptocurrency Explained: All the ships are sinking (Currency Wars II) - YouTube

Yes it was.

I noticed today some bullion dealers have set minimum orders at $500, and constitutional silver is getting harder to find. Silver and gold are being bought out by the big banks who are stacking heavy, ie JPM.

It seems pretty apparent the endless money printing by the Fed is going to hit us hard and fast in a really bad way.

Food, water, gas, lead/copper/brass, gold and silver, along with other essentials might be good things to convert your fiat currency into, and soon.