starting strength gym
Page 2688 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 1688218825882638267826862687268826892690269827382788 ... LastLast
Results 26,871 to 26,880 of 30231

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This shouldn't really surprise anybody, but GODDAMMIT: Biden DHS Coordinating Illegal Immigration In-Flows with Mexico

In recent days, large crowds of immigrants have formed on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande fully prepared to swim over well-worn crossing spots to Brownsville – but seemingly held back by unarmed Mexican immigration officials.

Over the course of several recent days in this northeastern Mexican city when perhaps 3,000 immigrants a day swam over to Brownsville with no opposition on either side, a curious pattern became evident. At some sort of signal from the Mexican immigration officers, a group of about 100-150 from the crowd would suddenly stand in unison and rush down the riverbank, past the immigration officers, and swim over to America.

It turns out that this pattern was far from happenstance. The Center for Immigration Studies asked several of the Mexican immigration officers what was going on and learned that President Joe Biden’s Department of Homeland Security has been coordinating these mass swims with Mexico’s immigration service, INM, at high levels on an encrypted Whatsapp channel.

The officers explained that their senior officers were in touch with U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials about how many immigrants were gathered and were prepared to cross the river at any given time.

“We’re letting them know that there’s a group of people ready to cross,” one officer explained.

The Americans on the other side would ask the Mexicans to hold back the migrants – not because such crossings are illegal and should be blocked and obstructed, but only until the Americans had finished processing the last batch into the country through Brownsville. Once the Americans felt they could take in more, they message the Mexicans that “they are ready to receive them.” Then, senior officials would radio the on-ground immigration officers, all of whom are equipped with radios.
    And even NBC News is awake: Biden admin to allow for the release of some migrants into the U.S. with no way to track them

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This shouldn't really surprise anybody, but GODDAMMIT: Biden DHS Coordinating Illegal Immigration In-Flows with Mexico
    They left out the "military age males" part.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    As Dr. Manhattan points out, the stupidity has always been there, so that can't be the problem. The problem is that the stupidity has been weaponized.
    I've always tried to look at current events through a historical context lens, ie trying to find historical analogs for current trends, but recently, within the last 6 years or so, it's felt like there has been a qualitative change. That there really isn't a historical precedent for the current level of social engineering we're experiencing, and I think I may have an idea as to what that is.

Throughout history there have always been despots, and usurpers, and those seeking to undermine a certain group for some underhanded reason or another... but the impact of those efforts were always limited by logistics and a lack of easily-transmissible information.

400 years ago, a rich Hungarian guy may have wanted to destabilize the British colonies of North America via funding subversive magistrates, promoting the migration of undesirables, or inciting riots in the port cities, but he would have been limited by the logistics involved and the lack of information available to do so.

Nowadays, however, a rootless cosmopolitan trillionaire from anywhere in the world can have immediate access to DA campaigns in every municipality in every state, and also have the logistical means to organize and transport angry mobs across the country to descend upon whatever low-crime suburb he wants to. And finance a social media demoralization campaign to pre-emptively subvert any grassroots, organic resistance that might have previously in centuries past afforded a bulwark against such social engineering attempts.

Still working on refining this idea a bit.

How much does DHS charge in [visa] processing fees for this service? Asking for some friends.

And, seriously, Rip, the country-haters used WhatsApp!? I thought our elite were at least technocrats who would know better than this about technology. But I guess they really wanted to stick it to the Rooskies and their less-traceable Telegram app.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I still feel the day is soon to come where "toxic masculinity" and "white supremacy" make it into the DSM, complete with academia's current vague-as-fuck definitions for these terms.
    I'm not sure about this, but I would guess this is already happening in courses like "gender studies" or "african american studies" and psychology of course. You can always associate a mental disorder to someone you see as evil

Quote Originally Posted by FrankNJ View Post
    The basic laws of Human Stupidity by Carlo M. Cipolla:

The first basic law:
    Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid people in circulation.

The second basic law:
    The probability that a certain person be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.

The third (and golden) basic law:
    A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.

The fourth basic law:
    Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular, non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people infallibly turns out to be a costly mistake.

The fifth basic law:
    A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person. A stupid person is more dangerous than a bandit.
    The 4th and 5th laws are redundant
    But it's funny to see a fellow Paisano whose last name is "onion" come up with this stuff. I wonder if the M stands for Marinata

Quote Originally Posted by FrankNJ View Post
    They say that Covid-19 is bad for humans.
    Did you know that being alive indicates wirh 100% certainty that you are going to die?
    Being alive is bad for humans

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Which are you? Which am I? Stupid or non stupid.
    Good question. Let's start by first identifying the 4 types of people based on Cipolla's book:
    1) Intelligent: Only engage with people if the interaction is positive for themselves and the other person (win/win scenarios).
    2) Bandit: Engage with people to gain something at the expense of another person, the helpless or victim.
    3) Helpless: Can be useful, but are usually taken advantage by Bandits
    4) Stupid: Their efforts are counterproductive to themselves and others. (non-criminal Bitcoin buyers)

To answer your question:
    I'm enjoying this discussion because I think that Cipolla's book is important and that more people should read it. If you are also enjoying this interaction and are learning something, then we are both Intelligent. If you are not enjoying the interaction but still choose to engage on any level, then you are victim and I would be a Bandit because I'm having fun at your expense. It's similar to the cafones on this forum that respond to some of my other posts and make assumptions about my position on C19 or vaccines. I'm learning about how biases and beliefs interfere with people's judgement, so I gain from the interaction. If the others are learning that they are biased, then they are possibly intelligent. Otherwise they are probably victims or just plain Stupid. I'm leaning toward the later, especially if they are non-criminals who buy Bitcoin. Non-criminal bitcoin buyers are great examples of Stupid cafones.

starting strength coach development program
    It doesn't. The ailing Social Security system needs to stay propped up and the people who are collecting from it want their lawns mowed on the cheap.