starting strength gym
Page 2693 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1693219325932643268326912692269326942695270327432793 ... LastLast
Results 26,921 to 26,930 of 30196

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    2. I knew a few people who'd probably fit that description prior to the rise of the wokeness. They ironically all lined themselves up with the woke shit because they saw it as a way to be able to bully people from a position of moral superiority. They completely pretend they didn't once liberally drop n-bombs or constantly say white supremacist shit, or advocate beating women into submission. The people I know who are white supremacists now became that way as a contrarian reaction to the woke shit, and mostly just like to say white supremacist shit on the internet because it runs counter to that stuff. It's kind of like how counter culture started to half-assedly worship Satan as a fuck you to authoritarian christian fundamentalists years ago.
    Then I guess I don't understand what "white supremacy" really is. Can you explain what White Supremacists" actually believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Then I guess I don't understand what "white supremacy" really is. Can you explain what White Supremacists" actually believe?
    Depends who you ask, since it's one of those terms they have been expanding the definition of so they could apply it to more people and ideas that they don't like. I just go by the self-evident meaning, the idea that white people should be supreme over non-white people. If I say "white supremacy", that's what I'm talking about. With other people, it can mean damn near anything these days, I've even seen it applied to the idea that people should try to show up to work on time.

They seem to be making this into a Thing: Mayorkas: White Supremacy the Greatest Terrorism Threat to U.S.

1. Where do you learn to talk like a politician?

2. Does anybody on this board know an actual "White Supremacist"? A "White Nationalist"? If they're that big a problem, surely everybody knows at least 2 or 3.

3. Since we don't like the government, does that make us "White Supremacists"? What does that make the government?
    According to FBI crime statistics, they seem to have this 100% backward.

Are you absolutely sure that Hall and Hafthor regard themselves as supreme over the other races? Or just over the other strongmen?
    I am not sure, but I know for a fact that it was their toxic masculinity that made them pull 500+ kg

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    On the supremacist font, Hafthor Bjornsson and Eddie Hall come to mind.
    Hafthor came and gave a talk at powerlifting gym in Israel. I didn't get a chance to meet him, but the owner said he was a really nice guy.

2. Does anybody on this board know an actual "White Supremacist"? A "White Nationalist"? If they're that big a problem, surely everybody knows at least 2 or 3.
    I once had a very long and interesting conversation with Richard Barrett. I determined, based on that conversation, that most of what were termed "white supremacists" were actually either nationalists or separatists. They didn't actually hate black folk nor did they seem to think themselves superior, they just didn't want to deal with them and didn't care for the ways they were trying to change the culture. Many of the beliefs came down to stuff we fuss about, too, that contributes to the decline of our quality of life (such as too many immigrants coming in illegally and then not being held to the same laws.) His childhood experiences in Jersey taught him how much a mass migration of immigrants can change the safety and community of an area. Barrett wanted what we'd term now a "high trust" homogenous society. He didn't care if good black folk wanted to be a part of that he just didn't approve of letting the black folk walk over what had been built to this point. Today, I see a lot his points echoed when I watch "red-pilled" commentators and podcasts. Who he really hated was communists.
    He did think that white people were the embodiment of the spirit of America. I'm not sure I agree with that. I think that while it was mostly white folks who built what we know as America, the very nature of this country is one that invites the optimistic and hard working from any culture to come and make their way fairly and without the class divisions so ubiquitous in Europe and some other places (India, I'm looking at you.) Of note, he wasn't particularly popular down here thus proving what I think- which is that America is about the least racist nation ever. Everybody gets a chance here. Personally, I prefer to judge people on stuff they have control over that's important- like which way they load the toilet paper roll and whether or not they drink light beer. But to each his own.

I've become skeptical of cries of white supremacy. I think it's become a popular thing to holler to the point it's lost any real meaning. It's a diversion meant to take attention away from actual problems and wrong doing. They've managed to twist the very existence of a white person into an act of white supremecy so that they believe it's the ace up any sleeve whenever needed.

They seem to be making this into a Thing: Mayorkas: White Supremacy the Greatest Terrorism Threat to U.S.

1. Where do you learn to talk like a politician?

3. Since we don't like the government, does that make us "White Supremacists"? What does that make the government?
    1. Apparently, that's where they learn the crazy hand waving signals and to lie without conscience.
    2. Nope.
    3. Nope. Constitutional Patriots is probably more correct. Oh, and the second part of the question; they're treasonous and evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I think that while it was mostly white folks who built what we know as America
    So we are seriously not considering african slaves in the equation? They weren't really "invited" into the country.
    Unless what you consider America starts after the begininning of the 20th century.
    But, honest question: were slaves just picking cotton while white folks were doing everything else that contributed to the growth of the country?
    Because if that's the case, even though I would guess the cotton picking had a huge economic impact, then mabye it's true what you said.
    But I would also guess that if you can have slaves, why have them do only one thing?

starting strength coach development program
    This is not a discussion of slavery, which is always wrong under any and all circumstances, but rather the question of whether "White Supremacy" is anything other than a tool of a desperate government to expand its power and counter the biggest threat to that power. Because if "White Supremacy" is merely distrust of an untrustworthy government, there are a lot of people to tar with that brush, white or otherwise.