starting strength gym
Page 2697 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1697219725972647268726952696269726982699270727472797 ... LastLast
Results 26,961 to 26,970 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Not really. IT has shifted its model to require a lot less workers. Many businesses do not have dedicated IT staff at all, they rely on a company that sends IT contractors to do work when needed. A lot of the minor tech support stuff is resolved remotely, usually by someone in India or Pakistan. Usually only very large operations and/or people who are very protective of their shit have dedicated IT staff on payroll.
    Settle down. The global IT industry is over $800B/yr and forecasted to grow almost 10% a yr through at least another decade.

This is only to illustrate that the claims from the 70s and 80s that computers and, in particular, desktop computers were going to be devastating to the workforce which they clearly were not.

Yes the Biden figures are an illusion. I was using it as parody.

Here is an interesting piece that relates to the general public's response over the last few years, as well as the limited ability of most people to think clearly: The highly profitable but unethical business of publishing medical research - PMC

To understand complexity bias, we need first to establish the meaning of three key terms associated with it: complexity, simplicity, and chaos.

The Cambridge Dictionary defines complexity as “the state of having many parts and being difficult to understand or find an answer to.” The definition of simplicity is the inverse: “something [that] is easy to understand or do.” Chaos is defined as “a state of total confusion with no order.”

Complex systems contain individual parts that combine to form a collective that often can’t be predicted from its components. Consider humans. We are complex systems. We’re made of about 100 trillion cells and yet we are so much more than the aggregation of our cells. You’d never predict what we’re like or who we are from looking at our cells.

Complexity bias is our tendency to look at something that is easy to understand, or look at it when we are in a state of confusion, and view it as having many parts that are difficult to understand.
    __________________________________________________ ___

Unrelated directly, but exposes a whole 'nother aspect of The Science that you Scientismists overlook: The highly profitable but unethical business of publishing medical research - PMC

Publishing scientific research is a highly profitable business—unsurprisingly because publishers are given the research, which is highly valuable, for free. Robert Maxwell—a notorious British business bully who fell off his yacht and drowned after robbing the pension fund of his employees—got rich not through publishing the Daily Mirror but through publishing science.

Reed-Elsevier, the world's largest publisher of scientific research, publishes over 1800 journals. In 2005 it made an adjusted operating profit of £1142m on a turnover of £5166m. The scientific part of the company contributed 39% of the profit (£449m) from 28% of the business (£1436). In other words, the scientific part of the company (which is predominantly medical) makes a large part of the profits and in some ways supports the non-scientific parts.

It is hard to come by the accounts of an individual journal, but I have seen many over the years. There are many comparatively minor journals that have an annual income of a million pounds. (I have never seen the accounts of the New England Journal of Medicine, but its annual income will be tens of millions of dollars and probably close to $100m.) The million pound journal might well have a gross margin (income minus direct costs like paper and printing) of £600 000. After subtracting the overheads the profit might well be £350 000. By no means all journals are so profitable, but this is a much more profitable enterprise than most.

... I should make clear that I am describing the classic research journal, which is comprised almost entirely of original research. Many of the world's 10 000-20 000 biomedical journals (nobody knows the true number) still take this form, although many are now adding other features, such as review articles.

MEPs, Dr. Robert Malone & Byram Bridle - press conference after the International Covid Summit III - YouTube
    MEPs, Dr. Robert Malone & Byram Bridle - press conference after the International Covid Summit III.
    Four members of the European Parliament as well as prestigious doctors gave a short highlights summary in a press conference, on May 4, 2023, of the 3rd International Covid Summit which was held in the European Parliament the previous day.

00:00 – MEP Cristian Terhes
    00:40 – Dr. Robert Malone
    06:43 – MEP Christine Anderson
    07:56 – MEP Ivan Sincic
    08:56 – MEP Cristian Terhes
    09:35 – MEP Mislav KolakušiΔ‡
    11:04 – MEP Cristian Terhes
    12:50 – Q&A
    16:03 – MP George Simion (Romania)
    17:00 – Q&A
    18:19 – MEP Christine Anderson
    20:00 – Dr. Byram Bridle

John Campbell found Dr Byram Bridles statement important enough to post it
    Who defines truth - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Well then I predict counter FrankNJ will be a huge growth industry despite the AI hysteria. The same way the birth of software viruses led to antivirus and eventually the cyber security industry.
    I'm imagining an anti FrankNJ piece of malware dubbed "anti FrankNJ 'softwware'" eating up 25 percent of your CPU cycle on idle. You paint a bleak future, my friend. My guess is you are right.

„But ‚we‘ didn‘t know that back then!“
    🥴

In a new study, the team now compared the specific T cell response to SARS-CoV-2 RNA-dependent RNA polymerase—a non-structural protein—in blood samples of COVID-19 patients and of subjects who had never had COVID, including pre-pandemic samples. In all samples the researchers detected a broad immune system T cell response. The T cells found in the samples from people who had never been infected with SARS-CoV-2 therefore presumably arose in response to an earlier infection with other common cold coronaviruses and cross-reacted in the tests with the SARS-CoV-2-poymerase protein.

In addition, the scientists compared the potential specific cross-reactivity of SARS-CoV-2 RNA-dependent RNA polymerase with that of other proteins of related cold coronaviruses to gain further insight into SARS-CoV-2-specific T cell responses.

"These data provide further evidence of the complexity of the body's immune response to SARS-CoV-2 and what a long way we still have to go to fully understand it. Further research can now build on this publication and more intensively investigate the interaction between different respiratory viruses," says the study’s first author Tim Westphal.

The research, published in the journal Frontiers in Immunology, may help advance the development of vaccines and therapies against corona- and other respiratory viruses.
    Thus calling into question, once again, the meaning of "cases" of C19.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I'm imagining an anti FrankNJ piece of malware dubbed "anti FrankNJ 'softwware'" eating up 25 percent of your CPU cycle on idle. You paint a bleak future, my friend. My guess is you are right.
    These comments are racist. Scientists say that AI is not a threat to humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankNJ View Post
    These comments are racist. Scientists say that AI is not a threat to humanity.
    The AI has learned nothing from the past 3 years' experience with "scientists." Maybe it is just a stupid guy, after all.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post

Furthermore, fodder for all my conspiracy friends, when the MSN or any of its masters predicts AI being an existential threat, they are actually heavily invested in the counter measures. They create problems to solve problems.
    I guarantee you that certain demographics will be considered disproportionately adversely affected by AI, and protections will be put in place for those groups (ie, if your business uses AI, you must employ X% of Y-group employees). Or they'll just give them a UBI.