starting strength gym
Page 2700 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1700220026002650269026982699270027012702271027502800 ... LastLast
Results 26,991 to 27,000 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Are you confident in your State Department? State Department Offers Counseling To Misgendered Employees Triggered By Email Pronoun Debacle

The State Department will offer counseling to any employee "who feels hurt or upset" by a system-wide email glitch that temporarily assigned random and often incorrect gender pronouns to staff.
    It's a debacle, I tell you. Can you imagine the fun the Russians are having with this? It's been a long time since we had a functioning government, but counseling???

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Are you confident in your State Department? State Department Offers Counseling To Misgendered Employees Triggered By Email Pronoun Debacle

It's a debacle, I tell you. Can you imagine the fun the Russians are having with this? It's been a long time since we had a functioning government, but counseling???
    I’ve been retired for about 6months, and the degradation you are referring to is probably accelerating, but my take has been the same for many decades.

As requirements for diversity (in a very broad sense) have increased it has become glaringly clear that the demographics of experts (from political scientists, accountants, to nuclear physicists) are not proportionate with the new and increasing mandates. Rather than adjusting hiring, advancement, etc to fit reality, new and squishy job categories have been created and proudly promoted as equally important. From experience, originally to be a career staff scientist , which was somewhat prestigious in my world, you had to demonstrate competency in a hard science, engineering, or equivalent. Now, there is an abundance of high paying and authoritative jobs in the government enforcing virtue and all of the PC nonsense that comes with it. It’s almost a full inversion of who is Alpha and who is Beta. Politicians encourage this or turn a blind eye. Just look at the current executive government. It’s the bar scene from StarWars, not SEAL team 6.

Context: "Because of human based climate change..."

This absolute bullshit just never ends. State media has been trained well.

Guess what happens every summer? It gets hot outside; even way up north.

Climate is the new religion; a perfect substitute for the new self-righteous, and the opiate of the masses, unfortunately.

Just a moment...

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Context: "Because of human based climate change..."

This absolute bullshit just never ends. State media has been trained well.

Guess what happens every summer? It gets hot outside; even way up north.

Climate is the new religion; a perfect substitute for the new self-righteous, and the opiate of the masses, unfortunately.

Just a moment...
    It’s funny because the forecast you attached says 50-60% chance which is basically no better than flipping a coin. Pretty impressive. How many trillions did that cost?

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    So we are seriously not considering african slaves in the equation?
    Not in this equation, no. Africa wasn't the origin of the system of government set up over here. African culture and laws weren't the source material. They weren't the visionaries. That wasn't the life those people deserved, but they didn't build the idea of America. Hopefully though, their descendants have profited from it.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    even though I would guess the cotton picking had a huge economic impact,
    Define huge. Cotton comprised about 5% of the nation's gross domestic product, at the time. Post Civil War economic growth rates surpassed pre-war rates. In my opinion, slavery was a wad of bad shit we didn't even need. A holdover from another age that we knew was on the way out when we started this. (There's a really good paper on this in the AIER - something like the Statistical Errors of the Reparation Agenda I think. Probably an easy Google.)

On a general note: After this part of the discussion started (is white supremacy real or a dog whistle for the left) I found myself watching Atlas Shrugged. I hadn't seen it. I probably read it back in high school and have the general memory of Rand being interesting but revisiting it in light of recent events was enlightening. I dare say inspiring in a way. It's not a particularly good cinematic work but the message is one I think there's value in. Vis a vis this conversation I think it would be valuable to remember that they will absolutely move the goal posts. Turning the definition of white supremacist into "just existing as a white person" is exactly the m.o. of these people. Take something no one can argue with ("racism is bad") and twist it and expand it to apply to anyone they consider an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I dare say inspi Vis a vis this conversation I think it would be valuable to remember that they will absolutely move the goal posts. Turning the definition of white supremacist into "just existing as a white person" is exactly the m.o. of these people. Take something no one can argue with ("racism is bad") and twist it and expand it to apply to anyone they consider an enemy.
    Prior to the Oslo accords, the "Settlers" were considered salt of the earth, heros even. In order for the Oslo accords to pass in the Kneset, the Settlers needed to be demonized and turned into enemies of the state. The Globohomo minority of the Israeli elite succeeded to have the accords pass. The rest is history.
    The same script is being played by your version of Bolshevik subversion.