starting strength gym
Page 2703 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 1703220326032653269327012702270327042705271327532803 ... LastLast
Results 27,021 to 27,030 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Somewhat on topic...

I'm searching the web for additional information on total knee replacements.

Based on my queries, any number of pulldowns appear, one of which is "what is the satisfaction rate for TKR?"

There is then a break in the inquiry section, with a highlighted entry of GENDER REASSIGNEMNT SURGERY HAS A HIGHER SATISFACTION SCORE THAN TKR

I didn't ask that particular question. I'm not interested in Gender Reassignment, thank you very much.

Why in the world would a search engine include information on an activity I'm not interested in, or asking about.

'tis a puzzlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And you think that the government schools are uniquely qualified to teach this esoteric boy/girl arithmetic? The same people who are telling them that the boy/girl paradigm is optional?
    Homeschooling makes a lot of sense. For thousands of generations, children were raised in the family while participating in their community. They had exposure to a broad range of ages in those closest to them, and learned skills from their elders while young. Fathers and mothers would teach skills as the children were older and more independent. Life was slower and more intentional. What people call mental presence was how people of all ages lived their daily existence. Core values and beliefs were taught and shared by all.

Is it any wonder that children who are homeschooled, though they may have those awkward stages, grow into well-adjusted and well-educated young adults? And that they share the core values of their family and community?

Is it also any wonder that kids raised in a school largely surrounded by dozens or hundreds of children close to their age policed (loosely) by a few adults aren't "well socialized"? Who engage in their tablets and phones instead of the people and world around them? Who hear and learn foreign concepts, values and beliefs that aren't aligned with their families and churches? Not to mention there's hardly much community outside of small towns. Or family for children to have.

What hell have we done to ourselves in the name of progress and technology? What are we doing to our children?

This is some very disturbing shit from Anthony Colpo.

All over the world, not just here in the US. And all of this contact between these fucking monsters and YOUR kids happens at school. All of this hand-wringing bullshit about kids needing to be socialized around other kids is going to come at a high price if your daughter starts growing a moustache and singing tenor, and you don't know why. Homeschool is popular among responsible parents for an increasingly good reason.

My wife has been homeschooling our two kids since they started school. She still has 11 years left for the youngest one. Hopefully he finishes before it’s not allowed in Canada. I’m surprised they haven’t banned it yet.

Homeschool is popular among responsible parents for an increasingly good reason.
    My kids are raised. They were raised recently.. recent enough to make me wish I had home schooled. In a meeting with my kid's principal, he spat "In loco parentis" at me when I asked a question about how my child was being treated by staff. It was a threat and an attempt to shut down my questioning. Loosely translated it means we can do any f'n thing we want with your kids (now "our" kids).

in loco parentis | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

in loco parentis

In loco parentis is a Latin term meaning "in [the] place of a parent" or "instead of a parent." The term refers to a common law doctrine which denotes the legal responsibility of some person or organization to perform some of the functions or responsibilities of a parent.
    The typical organization found to be in loco parentis is a school, which is deemed to have some of the responsibilities of a parent over its students. Additionally, siblings or grandparents who take on the role of raising their sibling or grandchild may also be found in loco parentis.

Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Somewhat on topic...

I'm searching the web for additional information on total knee replacements.

Based on my queries, any number of pulldowns appear, one of which is "what is the satisfaction rate for TKR?"

There is then a break in the inquiry section, with a highlighted entry of GENDER REASSIGNEMNT SURGERY HAS A HIGHER SATISFACTION SCORE THAN TKR

I didn't ask that particular question. I'm not interested in Gender Reassignment, thank you very much.

Why in the world would a search engine include information on an activity I'm not interested in, or asking about.

'tis a puzzlement.
    What search engine? That's the important question.

What search engine? That's the important question.
    Das Google...

Did not run my search on Bing or Duck Duck Go.

I had already referenced your video with Dr. Kelly, and the article by John Petrizzo. I was curious to see what "mainstream" information was out there, and nothing was more informative than what we have here at SS.