starting strength gym
Page 2707 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 1707220726072657269727052706270727082709271727572807 ... LastLast
Results 27,061 to 27,070 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Don't you just love how billionaires want to force simple hard working folk to commit suicide. Which is of course, for the greater good.
    John Kerry says US farmers must radically transform food production to meet 'net zero' emissions goals by 2030 | The Post Millennial | thepostmillennial.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Furthermore, he still holds Operation Warp Speed as a major achievement.
    I totally agree with both. It’s a big disappointment to me.

Good question. I'm guessing it's an affirmation thing. They can't feel comfortable in their own lives so they force everyone else to "celebrate" them; or else...

We're in the "or else" phase now apparently.

------
    From Pierre Kory and the FLCCC Alliance:

BREAKING: Dr. Kyle Sheldrick, who accused Dr. Paul Marik of academic fraud, has publicly acknowledged that his allegations were incorrect and expressed regret for questioning Paul Marik’s integrity.

Read our statement:
    World-Renowned Physician Receives Public Acknowledgement from Accuser Admitting Allegations of Academic Fraud Were Incorrect - FLCCC | Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance

Read Dr. Sheldrick’s acknowledgment: This Scattrd Corn: Update

If you need to catch up, read the back story from Prof. Norman Fenton:
    The curious perfect p-value: a case study in defamation and ignorance

----------

Professor Josh Guetzkows' new publication "Public Health Needs the Public Trust" where he argues that responsibility for the loss of trust in public health rests squarely on the shoulders of policymakers & the public health establishment.
    BioMed | Free Full-Text | Public Health Needs the Public Trust: A Pandemic Retrospective

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    What sold me on homeschooling is just knowing teachers in real life, as an adult. I've known several teachers, across several states, and at best they're hopelessly mediocre, at worst they're half retarded.
    I'm "lucky" enough to know a lot of teachers, the majority aren't ideologues, but that is also a problem because they are no defense against teachers who are. They will offer no resistance to other teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Homeschooling sounds like a great idea until it dawns on you that:
    1. The parents themselves were probably so badly let down by the poor standard of their own school education that they lack the cognitive tools and breadth of understanding to effectively pass on their intellectual and cultural inheritance to their children. This is always the problem with arguing for better schools of any kind. You can do all sorts of things to make a school better in theory, but who is going to teach in it?
    2. In the 21st Century West means it is often no longer possible to maintain a decent standard of living without both parents in full-time jobs.
    3. Since the invention of the iPhone and since the pandemic restrictions in particular, children are increasingly isolated and stay indoors at home whenever they are not in school. Homeschooling in isolation is a very different prospect to homeschooling with a supportive community of like-minded families around you.

I am all in favour of the idea, but these are difficult problems to address.
    https://www.khanacademy.org/

Devils advocate, what are the reasons you would send your child to public school? that aren't "because that's the way it's done"

On the topic of the American farmer, if you all haven't read Wendell Berry then I highly suggest doing so. Some of his work is life changing stuff. Definitely required reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Candlemas View Post
    On the topic of the American farmer, if you all haven't read Wendell Berry then I highly suggest doing so. Some of his work is life changing stuff. Definitely required reading.
    An example?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I'm "lucky" enough to know a lot of teachers, the majority aren't ideologues, but that is also a problem because they are no defense against teachers who are. They will offer no resistance to other teachers.

Khan Academy | Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice

Devils advocate, what are the reasons you would send your child to public school? that aren't "because that's the way it's done"
    There’s another way. Long ago I was (accidentally) pretty close to some of the key people driving this:

Midtown Educational Foundation

One of the leaders understood private and home schooling as well as anyone, but would not give up on the public school system.

You do what you have to to protect your family, but that doesn’t eliminate the need for intermediate institutions such as Midtown (boys) and Metro (girls).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    An example?
    "The Unsettling of America: Culture and Agriculture" is great. About cultural and agricultural degeneration in America. Berry highlights how corporatism and removal of small business, particularly in the agricultural world, is an example of how American culture is degenerating into isolated individuals who are all "experts" at one small thing and spend their free time distracting themselves with entertainment rather than actual humans who can work and live meaningful lives that have many facets.