starting strength gym
Page 2708 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 1708220826082658269827062707270827092710271827582808 ... LastLast
Results 27,071 to 27,080 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Don't you just love how billionaires want to force simple hard working folk to commit suicide. Which is of course, for the greater good.
    John Kerry says US farmers must radically transform food production to meet 'net zero' emissions goals by 2030 | The Post Millennial | thepostmillennial.com
    Holodomor 2.0 incoming. Interesting how most American cities have certain genocide musems, yet not a single one has holodomor museum, even though according to the UN, more people died in it.

After Desantis flew to a foreign nation to sign a law criminalizing free speech in Florida, I cannot view him in a favorable light, no matter what he says.
    Felony charges for the vague crime of "hatefully littering" is as ridiculous and pernicious as any of the other woke laws we have seen.

Ronny Desantis is just another puppet-politician who dances to the tune of the pied piper.

Fake Scientific Studies by Nobel Prize Winner and Johns Hopkins Prof. Gregg Semenza

This fraud was not perpetrated by an obscure researcher languishing at a third-rate institution. Quite to the contrary, Prof. Semenza is a world-renowned scientist, occupying a position at a premier facility favored by the major funder of science, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Prof. Semenza shares the honor of receiving a Nobel prize with other famed recipients, such as Barack Obama, recipient of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize, and António Egas Moniz, inventor of lobotomy and the winner of the 1949 Nobel Prize in medicine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Holodomor 2.0 incoming. Interesting how most American cities have certain genocide musems, yet not a single one has holodomor museum, even though according to the UN, more people died in it.
    Well, it does appear that a globally forced collectivization of agriculture and all parts of economy and life is underway, similar to that of the Five-Year Plan. Interesting to note that the famine caused by the Five Year Plan collectivization program, resulted in more deaths than the Holocaust according to some estimates.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    There’s another way. Long ago I was (accidentally) pretty close to some of the key people driving this:

Midtown Educational Foundation

One of the leaders understood private and home schooling as well as anyone, but would not give up on the public school system.

You do what you have to to protect your family, but that doesn’t eliminate the need for intermediate institutions such as Midtown (boys) and Metro (girls).
    Not really an answer to the question. One I'd also like to see answered by someone. (Barry?) "Public school is sometimes better" is a claim that requires some serious evidence, in my book. To me, this is like saying "what are the reasons you'd give your child the vax?" or "Sometimes the vax is better." No, it's not. Not this one. Not ever.

And my major problem with stuff like this person with Midtown is what could be done with such interested parties working towards homeschooling and private school access? All this time, money and effort put into saving something that was destined to be wrong from the get go and yet no efforts towards what should really be happening? How are we supposed to congratulate or feel good about that? What it feels like is people saying "well, the poor and black can't homeschool so let's give their kids this half-assed version." No, their kids don't deserve to get fucked either. Yes, they can homeschool. We did it poor before the net with few resources outside the local library. It also feels like we're avoiding saying the hard part out loud- what really helps with education is having a two-parent household. In my view, this is how they got the black community stuck. They removed the dads.

But I admit this a topic that makes me angry. When I see some poor fool doing squats on a bonsu ball at the gym I just think "poor fool" but it doesn't anger me. The only person that fool is hurting is himself. When I see people send their kids off to public school I see something that hurts the children and their future. It's a whole different set of feelings. And an effect we are all feeling and will feel for at least a generation to come.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    There’s another way. Long ago I was (accidentally) pretty close to some of the key people driving this:

Midtown Educational Foundation

One of the leaders understood private and home schooling as well as anyone, but would not give up on the public school system.

You do what you have to to protect your family, but that doesn’t eliminate the need for intermediate institutions such as Midtown (boys) and Metro (girls).
    What is the need for intermediate institutions?

-----------------------------------------

Murder .v. Killing in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

Obviously I legally disavow doing a Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Holodomor 2.0 incoming. Interesting how most American cities have certain genocide museums, yet not a single one has Holodomor museum, even though according to the UN, more people died in it.
    But, comrade, don't you know those filthy Kulaks burnt their own food and thus killed themselves by famine?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    What is the need for intermediate institutions?
    What's the point of freedom of association if one does not associate?

If public education is a fatally flawed idea, rewind to test generality. Do we also disdain the one-room schoolhouses of early America? What did Laura Ingalls have to say about this?

Don't go to college, either: USC Emphasizes DEI Over Merit

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    These are relatively recent problems, no?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I wonder what will happen to the economy when bank loans are granted based on this crap and not if you have the capabilities to pay the bank back.