starting strength gym
Page 2709 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 1709220926092659269927072708270927102711271927592809 ... LastLast
Results 27,081 to 27,090 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    An extra-spicy Ishmael post on Market Ticker today.

I think the complete lack of violence during peak lockdown was strong evidence that practically every public-space mass shooting in the US is in some sense manufactured. All the patterns are just a little too convenient for the elites in power. Alex Jones' ridiculous half billion dollar fine was another strong clue. The lady doth protest too much.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    What's the point of freedom of association if one does not associate?

If public education is a fatally flawed idea, rewind to test generality. Do we also disdain the one-room schoolhouses of early America? What did Laura Ingalls have to say about this?

Just throwing this out there, but bear with me: public education is only fatally flawed if you have mis-identified its goals. Think along the terms of of Robert Kiyosaki's complaints about nobody teaching nothing about money, if you want a less conspiracy-theorist reason for concluding that public education actually discourages autonomy, creativity, and self-sufficiency. My conclusion is that public education fits perfectly with a system that keeps serfs ignorant and happy while paying the Lord for the right to work on his land.
    Forgive me if that sounds outlandish but....
    I've just recently seen the HUD-1 form for my first-ever real estate sale and cannot fathom how free men and women would willingly have agreed to all these transfer taxes, simply in order to be ALLOWED to sell their own private property, and it made me think that, much like the Zemstvo semi-free structures that the tsar set up before being murdered, our American experiment is probably just a serfdom pig tht was dressed up in liberty lipstick to placate the revolutionaries.
    I know that sounds kooky but the idea that the victors write the history books isn't, and we all know that the victors of our recent 1/6 and Covid struggles will definitely frame things THEIR way in twenty years, so...
    And also, when you consider how ludicrous it sounds that 18th and 19th-century powers voluntarily and bloodless-ly acquiesced their slaves and power, and yet somehow 21st-century bureaucrats and democratic leaders somehow suddenly cling to their power at all costs, well...
    Public education was set up for and achieves exactly what it was set out to do, as an intentional, direct aim in the past, and as an unintended, subconscious side effect today.

Now that the censors are not as active. It appears that the real arguments brought up by actual critical thinkers are making the "Academic Researchers" cry.
    Twitter just closed the book on academic research - The Verge

Is Bill Gates Set to Control the U.S. & Global Nuclear Energy Markets? - The HighWire

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Don't go to college, either: USC Emphasizes DEI Over Merit
    The DIE (Diversity-Inclusion-Equity) political movement accelerated to near current velocity almost a decade ago at many of these institutions, but we have only seen a slight drop in enrollment.
    Likewise, homeschooling rates have not changed in a large amount.

To make an impact, there needs to be a suitable alternative model offered; both for university education and as a replacement for the government's child reeducation camps.
    Success will not be measured by razing these institutions to the ground or not; rather, by causing enough students to leave the old institutions that the financial and social pressures force them to change course.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

I think the complete lack of violence during peak lockdown was strong evidence that practically every public-space mass shooting in the US is in some sense manufactured. All the patterns are just a little too convenient for the elites in power. Alex Jones' ridiculous half billion dollar fine was another strong clue. The lady doth protest too much.
    That's very causal of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    I wonder what will happen to the economy when bank loans are granted based on this crap and not if you have the capabilities to pay the bank back.
    Already happened with the subprime mortgage crisis that caused the global recession in 2008.

From the wiki:

"Professor Harvey S. Rosen of Princeton University explained, "The main thing that innovations in the mortgage market have done over the past 30 years is to let in the excluded: the young, the discriminated against, the people without a lot of money in the bank to use for a down payment.' "

Professor Harvey Rosen of Princeton. Every fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Already happened with the subprime mortgage crisis that caused the global recession in 2008.

From the wiki:

"Professor Harvey S. Rosen of Princeton University explained, "The main thing that innovations in the mortgage market have done over the past 30 years is to let in the excluded: the young, the discriminated against, the people without a lot of money in the bank to use for a down payment.' "

Professor Harvey Rosen of Princeton. Every fucking time.
    This iteration is worse. It is exclusively ideology based and not merit based even partially. Which means that even if you have the ability to pay the loan back, you could be denied access to the loan because your social score shows that you are not enlightened enough in your thinking.

I think the complete lack of violence during peak lockdown was strong evidence that practically every public-space mass shooting in the US is in some sense manufactured. All the patterns are just a little too convenient for the elites in power.
    I noticed the same pattern here in Israel. The last 3 years was eerily quiet. And the most recent bout a couple of weeks ago, had a very manufactured feeling that made even the most ardent believer of government dictates asking WTF is going on. It felt like the authoritarians were saying to themselves, "the new paradigm we tried to introduce is loosing its effectiveness, let us change course and go back to the tried and true tactics that has worked until now, lest we wake up too many people. Change gears for now and wait for the next battle".

------------
    This is a very important nuance that Wall Street Silver is trying to make us aware of from this bill Just a moment...

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/s...otktyTG8g&s=19
    These 10 Republicans who sponsored HR-1122 that would actually green-light a contractor-built, Fed controlled, Central Bank Digital Current (CBDC).

Contact them and suggest they rewrite HR-1122 into a blanket ban like Mike Lee's No CBDC Act.

@GOPMajorityWhip
    @RepFrenchHill
    @WarrenDavidson
    @Flood4Nebraska
    @RepRalphNorman
    @RepDonaldsPress
    @RepAndyBiggsAZ
    @standwithbarry
    @SessionsTX17
    @RepYoungKim

The way it is written, it is setup to authorize a CBDC while banning direct-to-individuals.
    That is precisely what the financial industry wants: A fully functional CBDC (with the control that comes with it) with banks cut in on the profits.

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/s...xO4u1Tuig&s=19
    -------------------

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    What's the point of freedom of association if one does not associate?
    I'm sure someone will know the name of that specific fallacy. But that is a non sequitur. Having a right of association does not mean one must associate.

Secondly I asked what is the point of intermediate institutions. I don't see what your answer did in answering that? I clarify I was asking why you should/would send your kids to school in today's world? Where is the benefit?

That is a very interesting thought; I'll have to think about it for a minute.

RE: Public education, the bad cat has some timely thoughts you all may find interesting.

3/16: the day that will live in infamy - by el gato malo

the foundational mission statement of public schooling in the US was not to help children grow, but to mold children into that which was useful and obedient to the state.

they did not have you pledge allegiance to truth or logic or liberty, did they?

it is not a coincidence that this mode of memetic contagion has locked on to “structural matters that can only be set right by state intervention” and inflicting guilt and fueling resentment and always driving a sense of fear and dependence.

and if you think school is the only vector by which this is being pursued, i have a rainforest in saskatchewan to sell you.

Personally, we moved to east TN for the excellent public school system. Calling an audible and doing something else is always an option. People here are generally robust and have a nose for bullshit, its one of the things that attracts me to this region. Just because my kid goes to public school does NOT mean that will be the only source of education.

starting strength coach development program
    Read this. Immediately.

the dominant strategy is always to “do big visible things.”

this is why these outcomes are so predictable.

it’s the default societal method of action and all the crisis and contingency planning, often made by people with little or no actual experience with the issues at hand, sits like unexploded ordinance waiting to go off.

it’s how the bureaucracy grows and gains prominence over the visible government.

it does not matter who you elect or what they promise or what issues they flood your sensorium with: until you address this base issue, it’s greased rails to invisible dictatorship by regulatory and security fiat.

you cannot trade rights for safety.

the whole idea is false.
    And most important:

this totalitarian tutelage has reached a point of grave societal danger and as in other such times in american history, we must seek to swing this pendulum back.

and the first step is realizing that the purpose of public schooling and public messaging was never to illuminate but to captivate.

and this requires monopoly.

and we must break that.

these actors fear the rise of the reputation economy because they know it will exclude them. they want to play with thumbs on scales, not time tested track record.

and it falls to us to ensure that this is to be a losing game for them.

it falls to us to walk away and build our own.