starting strength gym
Page 2872 of 2980 FirstFirst ... 1872237227722822286228702871287228732874288229222972 ... LastLast
Results 28,711 to 28,720 of 29799

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The same people who came up with this: Nayirah Kuwaiti girl testimony

Because society has since become desensitized, the stories must now be more extreme to be effective.

Bottom line: we know nothing.
    Yeah, the throwing of babies out of incubators was already a bit much, but this is some horror movie level type stuff. Really out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It's more than just baking the baby. They baked the baby alive and gangraped the mom while the baby was baking. Who comes up with these kinds of stories I wonder?
    The same people who kept telling the "Ghost of Kiev" and "Snake Island" stories, even after they admitted it was a fabrication.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Arming Israelis is subordinate to the success of anti-gun propaganda in western countries; can't risk having Americans, Australians, Canadians or Europeans viewing guns or self-defense as a justified necessity.
    Imagine what might happen if citizens of western countries realized they could use guns to defend their borders and communities against hostile foreign invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The same people who came up with this: Nayirah Kuwaiti girl testimony

Because society has since become desensitized, the stories must now be more extreme to be effective.

Bottom line: we know nothing.
    Iím really sorry to tell you how terribly wrong you are. I wish this was a conspiracy. I have been in reserve duty in Israel since this atrocity. I personally have many friends who both witnessed actual fighting with these people and saw their work immediately after it was performed and friends who work with an organization called ďZaka,Ē which deals with bodies after traumatic incidents like car accidents and terror attacks.

I donít believe the media so I texted one friend and asked for specific details of what heís seen. He didnít take care of the babies baked in the oven but he did find women with metal poles up to their wombs, babies with heads cut off, eyes gouged out. He has a picture of a baby literally burned to a crisp.

Itís difficult to believe some of this because of how truly horrible and disturbing it is. But listen to me, as someone whoís personally looked into this - it is all true. The barbarism is beyond any imagining.

Quote Originally Posted by zach_the_jew View Post
    It’s difficult to believe some of this because of how truly horrible and disturbing it is. But listen to me, as someone who’s personally looked into this - it is all true. The barbarism is beyond any imagining.
    I'm sure it is, but I hope you realize why there is skepticism. This is what happens when all of the media lies all the time. We have quite literally NO IDEA about what's actually going on over there, in the Ukraine, or really anywhere else in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by zach_the_jew View Post
    Iím really sorry to tell you how terribly wrong you are. I wish this was a conspiracy.
    Even if that is granted, the far more important story is the very high likelihood that this "surprise" attack (and by extension all the following atrocities) were almost certainly green-flagged by the Israeli military. They wanted all of this to happen. So when they use any of it to manipulate our reactions, I believe the proper response is "fuck off".

On the other hand, in the unlikely even that it is indeed true that they pulled off this attack on one of the highest alert days on your calendar, and they breached all defenses, and rampaged with no consequences for hours, then you guys are really fucked. All that bark about the awesomeness of the Israeli military is obviously complete bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm sure it is, but I hope you realize why there is skepticism. This is what happens when all of the media lies all the time. We have quite literally NO IDEA about what's actually going on over there, in the Ukraine, or really anywhere else in the world.
    I fully understand and identify with the skepticism. Thatís why I asked for as many details as possible from anyone I know who actually saw the bodies and witnessed the events - and I know too many. I donít believe media nor governments.

If you want, you can take it from me.

As for any expectation of support or whatever - I personally am embarrassed that Israel is a vassal state of the Gay American Empire, and hope that at some point someone will grow a big enough pair of balls to stop sucking off the Leftist west long enough to understand that itís more important for us to decide whatís right in our eyes and fuck international aid or approval and just fucking do it.

Whether that means true Israeli control of the Temple Mount (a central issue in the region - the attack was named after ďAl-AksaĒ - the Muslim propagandist name for the Temple Mount) or eliminating threats on our border without the need to justify every bombing of military targets to international news organizations like the BBC, which has been taken over by Pakistani Muslims - even if those targets are in hospitals or schools.

As an American citizen who grew up there and still has deep affection for what the US means and can be - I think itís ridiculous that the politicians there have embroiled you in situations you have no control over and can know nothing about in the name of global empire.

At the same time, living here, I know that Israel will have a tough time fighting off Russian and Iranian proxies. Maybe if the US was less involved they would be less of an issue for us.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Even if that is granted, the far more important story is the very high likelihood that this "surprise" attack (and by extension all the following atrocities) were almost certainly green-flagged by the Israeli military. They wanted all of this to happen. So when they use any of it to manipulate our reactions, I believe the proper response is "fuck off".

On the other hand, in the unlikely even that it is indeed true that they pulled off this attack on one of the highest alert days on your calendar, and they breached all defenses, and rampaged with no consequences for hours, then you guys are really fucked. All that bark about the awesomeness of the Israeli military is obviously complete bullshit.
    Whether this was known in advance or not I doubt we’ll ever know. Wouldn’t shock me. Israeli intelligence seems to be too good to allow something like that to surprise it.

The second point though is silly. Militaries can’t respond that quickly to events of this sort. The response was actually shockingly fast and effective, I think, considering the nature of what happened.

The Israeli military will be tested by Hezbollah, not Hamas. Hopefully on our terms by our initiative. Without American supervision.

Gaza is a slaughterhouse

Know their names: Palestinians killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza | Israel-Palestine conflict News | Al Jazeera

"Women, children and the elderly make up 73 percent of those killed by Israeli bombardments in Gaza.

Among the victims are:

133 babies below the age of one
    482 toddlers (1-3 years old)
    344 preschoolers (4-5 years old)
    1,042 primary school children (6-12 years old)
    664 high school children (13-17 years old)
    966 young adults (18-25 years old)
    2,506 adults (26-55 years old)
    521 Naksa survivors (56-74 years old)
    89 Nakba survivors (75+ years old)
    The oldest victim so far was 93-year-old Mahdiya Abdullah Abdul Wahab Halawa."

On the subject of conspiracy theories, I would like to post the following contribution, translated (with some minor changes) from Giorgio Agamben's blog (for those who don't know him, he's one of Italy's leading philosophers, and his was consistently a voice for freedom and reason during the unfortunate CoVid months).

Original text is here: Giorgio Agamben, Due vocaboli infami - Quodlibet

People familiar with historians' research knows very well that the objects of their reconstructions are necessarily the fruit of actions and plans often orchestrated by individuals or factions that pursue their goals by any means possible. Three examples among many, each of which marked the end of an era and the start of a new historical period.

In 415 BC, Alcibiades used his prestige, his wealth and every conceivable mean to convince Athenians to launch a military expedition in Sicily, which will mark the end of Athens' power. His enemies will use mendacious witnesses to conjure against him and have him executed for impiety.

On Brumaire 18th (November 9th, 1799) Napoleon Bonaparte, who had nonetheless sworn allegiance to the Constitution of the Republic, starts a coup, unseats the Directoire and is proclaimed First Consul, thus ending the Revolution. In the preceding days, he had met with notables like Sieyes, Fouche' and Luciano Bonaparte to agree on a strategy to overcome the possible opposition from the Council of the Five Hundred.

On March 28th, 1922, the March On Rome takes place. In the preceding months, Mussolini (and future members of the Triumvirate De Vecchi, De Bono and Bianchi) had contacted the Prime Minister Facta, Gabriele D'Annunzio and prominent captains of industry, to find allies and evaluate possible reactions. Some say he even met secretly with the King. As a sort of dry run, on August 2nd the Fascists had militarily occupied the town of Ancona.

In these three example, groups of individuals acted with determination to realise their goals, facing uncertain circumstances and adapting their strategy accordingly. As in every human endeavour, fate had a role, but you can't explain History with fate alone, and no serious historian has ever done that.
    This does not necessarily mean that you can define human history as a conspiracy; but to define as conspiracy theorists the historians that have worked to understand the details and the machinations that led to its developments would be a clear act of ignorance, if not idiocy.
    As ever in human history, there are men and organisations which pursue their goals, legitimate or not, and use every means possible to achieve them. Those who want to understand what happens need to be aware of these presences, and to understand them. To speak of a conspiracy because of the existence of these men or organisations adds nothing to the facts on the ground. But to define conspiracy theorists those who try to appreciate human developments for what they are is simply despicable.
    IPB

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

My theories about Political Correctness says that incompetence is more likely. Just consider, in the era of PC, we missed the end of the Cold War, 911, North Korea Nukes, COVID, and Ukraine.