starting strength gym
Page 2881 of 2980 FirstFirst ... 188123812781283128712879288028812882288328912931 ... LastLast
Results 28,801 to 28,810 of 29793

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    That said I think this interview and saying he was "tweeting jokes" is skewing what he was actually convicted for. Some of the "Vote from Home" ads he posted look pretty legitimate. I can see how that could be interpreted the way it was.
    The joke is that Hillary voters are retarded enough to believe you can vote with your cell phone. It's not skewing it at all. Like they mentioned, they couldn't even find a single person to testify that they took it seriously. Literally no one "interpreted it the way it was", especially considering his followers were almost all right wing.

Tucker didn't mention it, but there were many tweets like this from the other side making the same joke about Trump voters. I think Jimmy Dore highlighted one in one of his YouTube clips. Obviously, they were not prosecuted.

Also, what the hell is up with the assumption that people too stupid to function should have their hands held and helped into a voting booth?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    And it's already falling apart:

Israel blasts major news outlets AP, CNN, Reuters and New York Times over claims employees had 'prior knowledge' of Hamas attacks on October 7

So the AP, New York Times, CNN and Reuters had this crucial intel, but Mossad didn't? And the Isreali government is just so mad at them for not sharing! Come on people, this isn't difficult.
    \

There wasn't much doubt before, but that'll do it; game's over.
    Israel sounds more and more like the CCP with all of their blatantly false propaganda stories that are so unintelligent and sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    WATCH THIS. Everybody. Terrifying. We are in Soviet America. They through him in jail for making fun of Hillary Clinton 4 years previously.
    In addition to that...
    Enrique Tarrio has been sentenced to 27 years in prison for protesting at the Capitol on Jan. 6th even though he was halfway across the country at the time.
    Owen Shroyer sits in solitary confinement for protesting at the Capitol, with no evidence of wrongdoing.
    Trump faces an endless system of kangaroo courts.
    The FBI has been showing up at the houses of journalists to intimidate them: https://twitter.com/SarahisCensored/...109084543?s=20
    The FBI has been paying house calls to people who post non-threatening, but "hateful" messages on Twitter (only if posted by Whites, conservatives, or Trump supporters)
    The newly armed IRS has been weaponized to investigate journalists and political opponents, like Matt Taibbi:
    IRS opened probe into Matt Taibbi's taxes after Twitter dump

And, I am sure the legal authorities are about to investigate this: Nobody is too sure what "Stop White Hate" means, but it must be banned just in case, by Steve Sailer - The Unz Review
    Black parents are claiming putting up a sign that read "Stop White Hate" constitutes the commission of a hate crime.

And it's already falling apart:

Israel blasts major news outlets AP, CNN, Reuters and New York Times over claims employees had 'prior knowledge' of Hamas attacks on October 7

So the AP, New York Times, CNN and Reuters had this crucial intel, but Mossad didn't? And the Isreali government is just so mad at them for not sharing! Come on people, this isn't difficult.
    Or maybe it's a misleading headline?

Breaking down your logic...

Assumption #1: Because AP, NYT, etc. employs freelance Hamas-loving "journalists", that implies they get on zoom everyday with their white-guilt laden counterparts in Manhattan and communicate battle plans because, ya know, they're honest journalists.

Assumption #2: Israel probably has many, many spies in US Media outlets. Fair.

Because of #1 and #2, Israel MUST have known Hama was getting ready to rape, kill 1000's of people 100 yards from the Gaza border. Not only did they know, they probably intentionally planned it.

Instead, could it be that Israel is calling out leftist media outlets for giving money to Hamas "journalists"?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Ironically enough Hitler took a page out of the marxist playbook and used the SA to come to power and immediately liquidated them and replaced them with the SS.

On the topic of the reaction being suppressed leading to more violence. One of the only counter arguments to this comes from James Lindsey. Reactionary movements are reactive in nature and inevitably become pyrrhic victories. The Nazi's may have pushed back marxism in germany and wherever they conquered, but immediately after their defeat half of Germany fell under marxist control, and ever since the Nazi's have been a relentless bogeyman and tool to push leftist agenda's worldwide. On a 100 year timescale, I'm not sure the Nazi's did anything of note against marxism worldwide. Anything that's not marxist just doesn't get value out of past defeats, hell it's been 20 years and America's already forgot 9/11.

It's definitely better to push back in some way and repeal the degeneracy, but it's almost certainly not going to have any long term benefit. A very depressing conclusion.
    It's hard for me these days to be absolutely sure exactly what Hitler and the Nazis did. For example, I saw a thing on Twitter today that said the well-known book burnings were actually at least somewhat about burning transgender and homosexual books. Of course, anyone can post anything on the internet (unless it's a meme that might hurt Democrat election chances), but I mean to say that I don't know if we can know exactly what happened in Germany before and during the war given what we now know about how narratives are propagated.
    However, can't we say with certainty that the Nazis were eugenicists and not merely in theory, but in practice that included killing or sterilizing the disabled and those considered genetically inferior or undesirable? To cite just one thing in the book against them.

Even if you come to believe they were fighting Marxism and that is a good thing (I do), you're not going to convince me that the Nazis were good guys unless you prove a whole lot of historical fact to be fiction.

My point with all this is to say that you can't defeat evil with evil and expect good to be the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    On the topic of the reaction being suppressed leading to more violence. One of the only counter arguments to this comes from James Lindsey. Reactionary movements are reactive in nature and inevitably become pyrrhic victories. The Nazi's may have pushed back marxism in germany and wherever they conquered, but immediately after their defeat half of Germany fell under marxist control, and ever since the Nazi's have been a relentless bogeyman and tool to push leftist agenda's worldwide. On a 100 year timescale, I'm not sure the Nazi's did anything of note against marxism worldwide. Anything that's not marxist just doesn't get value out of past defeats, hell it's been 20 years and America's already forgot 9/11.
    Yeah, that's what I mean. The pressure is allowed to build until attempts to understand and tolerate give way to an explosion of pure reaction. It's Barry's mistake, as I see it. The high trust trap. Give the benefit of the doubt until there is absolutely nothing left to give, and massive amounts of violence becomes the only option you have left.

I've said something like this before in this thread: It is not yet time for violence, but the time for ruthlessness is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Absolutely agree this is ridiculous, and the timing is highly suspicious.

That said I think this interview and saying he was "tweeting jokes" is skewing what he was actually convicted for. Some of the "Vote from Home" ads he posted look pretty legitimate. I can see how that could be interpreted the way it was.
    Yes, Eric, by both idiots and people that knew they were bogus but wanted to send a message.

It is not yet time for violence, but the time for ruthlessness is long overdue.
    I think that is a perfect motto to rally behind. I'm going to start using it in a shortened form where I can.

"Stop White Hate" is a perfect memetic weapon akin to "It's ok to be white" because it can be interpreted in two ways.
    I've often thought about setting up a progressive NGO to push messages like that. Imagine getting a government grant to produce and put up posters of "Stop White Hate" and just claim it's about stopping hate done by whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Yes, Eric, by both idiots and people that knew they were bogus but wanted to send a message.
    Phone records were pulled, and apparently few if any either remembered or cared about being misled. It was immaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Hunt View Post
    It...the Nazis were eugenicists and not merely in theory, but in practice that included killing or sterilizing the disabled and those considered genetically inferior or undesirable? To cite just one thing in the book against them...
    Everybody , except the communists openly believed in eugenics prior to World War Two.
    They weren't letting multi generational criminal retards or the inmates in the insane asylums in the US breed either.
    "Three generations of imbeciles is enough" -United States supreme court supports judge's assertion.
    They weren't

... It's Barry's mistake, as I see it. The high trust trap. Give the benefit of the doubt until there is absolutely nothing left to give, and massive amounts of violence becomes the only option you have left.....[/I]
    That is a good observation; did you come up with it or did you read it somewhere else?

Does the high trust trap break when it comes to Israel?
    How much cognitive dissonance must build, from how many lies before the next one enrages (neo)conservatives?
    How many US troops have to die for Israel before it is enough? (Colonel Mcgregor says his sources report that we are already losing US special forces soldiers in the Gaza fighting)

starting strength coach development program
    Rip, I appreciated your kind words on the podcast. Thank you.

---

Quote Originally Posted by amilner View Post
    Instead, could it be that Israel is calling out leftist media outlets for giving money to Hamas "journalists"?
    So why don't they call themselves out for giving money to Hamas?

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,” [Netanyahu] told a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset members in March 2019. “This is part of our strategy—to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.”
    They're pissing on you and telling you it is raining.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    That is a good observation; did you come up with it or did you read it somewhere else?
    The wording was my own, inspired by the Vox Day post I quoted. But I have no interest in being credited with anything, and can't be bothered to keep track of what I came up with originally, or derived from something someone else said/wrote.

In a very loose sense, I think of myself as a conscious "generative AI". I am good at finding smart people more knowledgeable than me on certain topics, analyzing and thinking about what they are saying, picking out essential nuggets, and in some cases articulating the ideas better. I think like an engineer, not an academic, so I have little desire to play the academic's crediting games. I only really care about the ideas, that they propagates, and that the truth wins.