starting strength gym
Page 2903 of 2982 FirstFirst ... 190324032803285328932901290229032904290529132953 ... LastLast
Results 29,021 to 29,030 of 29816

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Demographically speaking, if anything, Texas would just become part of Mexico again. There aren't enough historically American Texans left. Same for the entire southwest really. They're all being reclaimed, maybe not officially, but culturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    My dad always called it "The War of North Aggression" rather than the Civil War.
    Yeah, that's a popular historical rewrite.

Perhaps there's a massive air lift of fighting age male migrants into cities all over the country taking place right now? How would we know?
    Presumably by the large increase in the number of military-aged males in your city? Am I not understanding your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Finally someone did something rational and refused to play. In England of all places so unfortunately these Girls are most likely going to jail.
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...90807240163562
    Surely they're free to just not play a game?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be watching this one. Sadly since the lawsuit will be in England I'm not sure there's anything we can do to influence the outcome.

There's more (sorry for the multiple posts): Transgender Soccer Player Quits After Teams Refuse To Compete

He broke another player's knee in a previous game, four teams have boycotted rather than play against him, he has now quit and is threatening to sue.

So, other than the injured woman, sounds like progress. Hopefully the lawsuit will fizzle out.

It may be of interest that the league he was in accepts girls as young as 16, and that he would have been changing with them in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Yankee alert

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's been discussed, I assure you. The "legal right to do so" is mere conjecture. If we voted to secede, what would the feds do about it, is the only question.
    I often think about how the Civil War looks like where it all went wrong. It feels like that's when it went from a voluntary association of equals to a domestic abuse situation. We tried to leave, got beat up on, and now they take all the money we earn and talk about all the protection they give us. It feels like the line where it became understood that the feds would absolutely use violence against citizens. The illusion that it was otherwise was always something fragile that would crack eventually.

However, a modern effort might have a different outcome. We posses an advantage we didn't have then- soldiers. All the red-blooded "fighting for their country" types are mostly southern now. The Yankees are weak and can't feed themselves for the most part. And those that can are more likely to think like us and be interested in freedom.

Define for us: civil war.

The losers are never the ones who get to do the Rewrite. But, a Rewrite ALWAYS take place.

So, I'm going with my smirking Dad's take: it was and always will be "The War of Northern Aggression".

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    Define for us: civil war.
    From Civil war | Definition, Causes, & Theories | Britannica:

Civil war, a violent conflict between a state and one or more organized non-state actors in the state’s territory. Civil wars are thus distinguished from interstate conflicts (in which states fight other states), violent conflicts or riots not involving states (sometimes labeled intercommunal conflicts), and state repression against individuals who cannot be considered an organized or cohesive group, including genocides, and similar violence by non-state actors, such as terrorism or violent crime.

The American civil war began when various southern militias seized federal assets (forts, arsenals, etc.) in January and February of 1861. On 6 March, the southern states authorized President Davis to raise an army of a hundred thousand men.

The losers are never the ones who get to do the Rewrite. But, a Rewrite ALWAYS take place.

So, I'm going with my smirking Dad's take: it was and always will be "The War of Northern Aggression".
    So I guess you never heard of the Lost Cause myth?

Anyway, the South won. Not the fighting war, but y'all are stubborn and kept fighting a culture war long after the North went home. We didn't even know we were in a culture war, and we lost, badly. No hard feelings from me on that front. We took our eye off the ball, you won fair and square.

And Jenni is right: most US soldiers come from Southern states. If there was a civil war now, I'd put my money on the South.

starting strength coach development program
    Why is Trump not jailed for contempt of court? When I last checked, he had 91 felony counts against him. The poll numbers keep rising with each bogus court case brought against him. Anyone who talks to a judge the way he has gets jailed for contempt of court. I think the Dems are terrified that the MAGA supporters are armed to the teeth and will go on a killing spree. I don't want to see civil war in the USA but how can the country change if the left wing professors and school teachers are left to teach the young such lies as there is no biology, a man is a woman etc.. Is there another way out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's been discussed, I assure you. The "legal right to do so" is mere conjecture. If we voted to secede, what would the feds do about it, is the only question.
    What do you have to lose? It may as well be the Alamo the way America is going. What can the Feds do? Send in the military? Nuke you? There must be enough MAGA military, police with surplus military equipment, citizens who are fed up including Mexican Americans and even numerous missile bases in Texas
    Nike Missile Locations Texas
    to threaten the Feds if they start up with you.

It's what we called in the 1960's MAD, mutually assured destruction. Are you telling me the Feds are crazy enough to get nuked and destroy everything? Even the Commies backed down when President Kennedy threatened to nuke them in 1962. The missiles were removed from Cuba. You know that.

Please tell me why you won't make a last stand when you are doomed. What's there to lose? I hope I'm wrong. Rip, it's true you are an unbelievably strong human being who survived 11 surgeries and does unbelievably difficult strength training that would kill just about anybody your age and a lot younger.

I owe my life to you when I sprinted to safety with bombs going off not long ago. Anybody else my age of 74 in Israel, probably would have died. I do no cardio and only strength train. You were the one who got Crossfit to do some serious strength training, and I somehow find an idiot trainer at one of the first Crossfit gyms in LA. You know who he is. He could have killed me with a completely stupid workout where I joked, "A__ It's a good thing I have traveller's health insurance because if I have a heart attack and don't die, the insurance will cover the hospital charges." A__ is so fuckin stupid he keeps pushing me when I'm ready to vomit my guts out. I'm so stubborn. I don't quit. I surf and take heavy beatings. If you donít believe me try it sometime in waves of a few feet. Iíve seen stars when I've done deadlifts. I may be stupid but I'm not a pussy.

You gave up on the Libertarian Party, but if enough of you don't try to organize, you have an idea of what's liable to happen. What do you have to lose if you don't start with a few people who will tell their families and friends, and reach a few more, etc.. You may finally get enough people to realize that you are in it together. If not, as separate individuals you are doomed. Tell me why Iím wrong. I am going to die. Maybe before I send this off. Iím trying to help. I could be deadlifting which was scheduled for today, but I thought I will try again to reach you Rip. .