starting strength gym
Page 3042 of 3112 FirstFirst ... 204225422942299230323040304130423043304430523092 ... LastLast
Results 30,411 to 30,420 of 31112

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Best that we all stop trying at anything and just be nice to one another.
    That's really her point. Mediocrity.

This was a post over at Small Dead Animals, well worth the time to read.

I had to take a few breaks in the reading of the substack, otherwise I might have stroked out.

It's one thing to "know" they broke all the rules, but to actually see it stated in a legal form is rage inducing.

I hate the powers that be for breaking trust ... bastards!

Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave… – small dead animals

In the fullness of time, I realise it’s not really a question of an unwitting slide into fascism, hastened by a treadmill. It’s more that there is a fixed amount of excellence in any self, and the more you spend on your biceps, the less you have for your personality. Wellness could turn you into a bit of a jerk, is what I’m saying.
    What a dreary and tiresome view of life. It reminds me of the mistaken view of economics as a zero-sum game, vs. aiming to create wealth and value.

Must children give up personality to grow, too? Even in games where you start your character with a finite number of attribute points to distribute, you can usually still level up. In fact, that's generally the path to success in the game...

In a very real sense, I do pity people with worldviews like this.

"I have insisted to anyone who will listen that it’s only their failure to incorporate, say, a horse into their weekly schedule that is standing between them and their best self."

I couldn't concentrate on the rest of the article after this.
    So many jokes and puns. And the Lewis Black bit "if it weren't for my horse."

Anyway, I fail to see why the majority of people's judgements about whether or not someone's a jerk matters. Making the hivemind's opinion matter to people is the point of such a piece and I'm not on that drug.

The following was shared with me recently. I found it post-worthy.

"It is obvious all over the world that the prosecution of Trump, especially in court on charges that were formed on the basis of events that happened years ago, without direct proof, is simply using the judicial system in an internal political struggle," Putin told reporters at the annual St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, per Reuters.

Wondering if this view is widely held outside of the States.

As obvious as it is, it has to be widely held.

This is interesting:

https://youtu.be/KwxCZmCA6-o?si=u36x4pSkHeVjoMg9

Hopefully Tulsi is the real deal and gets the VP spot.

World War II Vet: "I Feel Like A Foreigner In My Own Country"

The veteran was then asked by the interviewer, “What do you feel about the state of our country today? How do you feel about the country you worked so hard to stay free, to keep free?”

“The real truth? I feel like a foreigner in my own country lots of times and I don’t like it, makes my heart real heavy,” responded Scharfe.
    The Swindled Generation

__________________________________________________ _______

In today's episode of Cops are Fucking Retarded:

Vermont Cops Scare Students Sh*tless With Surprise Mass Shooter Drill

Students of the Burlington High School were told that they were going to receive a tour of the police station and insight into the way detectives solve crimes—but they were reportedly ambushed with the mass shooter drill instead. All 20 students were facing the front of the classroom when two women followed by a man in a ski mask with a gun broke into the back of the room and began the drill. Fake gunshots rang through the room as students ran for cover, some injuring themselves in the process. Students told Seven Days that they were not told about drill beforehand. “I’m shaking and crying because I'm like, ‘Oh my god, I'm gonna get shot,’” one student told Seven Days. “It felt so real.”

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The Swindled Generation
    Gonna blame it on us boomers like everything else that doesn't set well with you?

starting strength coach development program
    I was watching Tucker Carlson’s talk with President Bukele last night. For all the times the President said “that’s just stupid,” I was thinking, “but when is he going to say, ‘yeah, it’s all fake and gay.’”

Also, does anyone think that “what the fuck” expression Carlson makes when an interviewee says something based is legit or just an act?