starting strength gym
Page 10 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 8910111220601105101010 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It would suck if life shut down for 2 weeks due to quarantine, they should instead just quarantine old people and keep everything open for everyone else. But at least the streets will be clear and I can bike around everywhere with no traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    3858 last Friday, 10,149 yesterday, 12,462 today
    Already out of date, as of 4:30 this afternoon, over 15,000

as of 4:30 this afternoon, over 15,000
    Not to sound callous and uncaring, my sympathies lie with those affected by actual illness but...

These are just numbers provided by government officials, whom we all know have never and would never provide misleading information in order to further some agenda, and which are impossible to independently verify by anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    Not to sound callous and uncaring, my sympathies lie with those affected by actual illness but...

These are just numbers provided by government officials, whom we all know have never and would never provide misleading information in order to further some agenda, and which are impossible to independently verify by anyone...
    North Korea has 0 cases. ZERO CASES!

Russia has like 20 or 30 !

Amazing !

Maybe the three epicentres have a common factor which might explain the high death rates… by Fiona Cameron Lister

Not mentioned is the air pollution in South Korea, it is bad there too
    For extra credit, what "test" did the Chinese use to confirm the COVID-19 deaths?
    Combine this info with the Atkinson podcast. Digest.

Once you arrive at a healthy respect for flu season, you can relax and ask yourself a more interesting question:
    What is really going on under cover of this "pandemic"?

The answer is: Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore

This is an excellent read. The data are fascinating.

Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now - Tomas Pueyo - Medium

I realize it’s just a matter of time.. but I’ve never been more proud about living in Idaho then I am at this moment.

Now if the Governor will just close the boarders!

Something that is not being widely considered in the media coverage but is semi-common knowledge in China: This diseases is disproportionately affecting wealthy urbanites.

It makes sense if you think about it. Original attempts at containment involved screening at certain checkpoints and restricting travel. A certain wealthy doctor from Wuhan managed to use his resources to avoid the travel and spread the disease to luxury apartments in Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen. Other wealthy Chinese people were suppressing symptoms and running off to Europe to escape quarantine. These are the people who have the resources and in some cases the egotism to avoid social distancing and to travel around spreading the virus, and the same thing will happen in other countries, as well. Meanwhile, in Chinese villages, the gates are shut and no one goes in or out.

Now this thing is in Washington, in midtown Manhattan, in Los Angeles, and in London. Expect the media and the markets to react accordingly.

Also really liked Cheesepuff’s ten strategies. Those are good ones.

Perhaps I am overly cynical but I do not trust the media to provide me with accurate and truthful information as history bears my witness. Especially a supposedly authoritative government agency with “World” on its letterhead.

Will the current reductions in normal activity flatten the curve of the exponential infection growth rate of an easily aerosol communicable virus? Most likely.

Are the current actions excessive overreacting? Hard to say.

But most importantly: DO I HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING TOILET PAPER? God I hope so...