starting strength gym
Page 123 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 23731131211221231241251331732236231123 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    COVID-19

I've read this is this model is being used by the US government
    What a difference a day makes:

Yesterdays peak projection was 3,130 daily deaths on April 16th.

This mornings peak projection is 2,212 on April12th.

That’s a 30% reduction in less that 24 hours.

Also cumulative deaths by August have been reduced from 80k to 60k.

So from millions to 200k to 60k. The policy makers must be so pleased with themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    I'm sure you realize this, but this is completely avoiding the question again -- you are showing this plot precisely because you think it supports your assertion that "the outbreak/disease isn't all that bad".

I'll be more than happy to engage with that plot/data set (and indeed several others that have been mentioned in the thread recently), but let's do that separately. For the moment, I just want to note that this particular plot tells you literally nothing about the progress of an unchecked outburst. The comparison is between a prediction, in which the effects of social distancing are *modelled*, and actual data, in which the effects of social distancing are necessarily *included and observed*. By definition, neither can directly tell you anything about an unchecked epidemic. (The modellers own interpretation is that social distancing is working slightly better than their model predicted.)

So, could you please directly engage with the possibility -- even if you personally think it's remote -- that an unchecked outbreak would be really bad? As Bruno put it: "What happens to the economy after a pandemic goes spreading across the country unchecked?"
    We're having a different conversation now. If you'd like to participate, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Almost anything you read anywhere discussing the idea/concept of herd immunity the word "vaccine" and/or "vaccinated" comes up quite a bit.

Whether or not you agree with how the lockdown is being implemented, or you think this is just the flu" or not, or you just want to watch all the older people die because of overloaded hospitals....where ever you lie on that spectrum, throwing around the newly minted buzz words (term) "herd immunity" isn't applicable and shows you don't know what you are talking about.
    You think "herd immunity" is a brand new term? I think you have it confused with "social distancing." Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    For what it's worth, my vote is to leave Bruno and his ramblings alone. He's just convincing me how hysterical and ill-informed his side of this debate is. Hopefully it's having that effect on others as well.
    Yeah, I was just pissed off. He and lazygun99 are useful to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Waskis View Post
    Do you consider everything that is not authoritarian to be irrational? There have been several suggestions to have those at higher risk (due to age or other factors) shelter in place and let the rest of us go about our lives.
    Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick. This is the opposite of a quarantine. It has permanently damaged the world's economy.

So, pope Francis says the pandemic might be nature's reponse to our sins against climate:
    Pope: Coronavirus pandemic could be nature's response to climate crisis - CNN

Nature? Not God? Is the Catholic Church making a U-turn like FT? Are the priests gonna start dropping acid in holy water during mass?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Almost anything you read anywhere discussing the idea/concept of herd immunity the word "vaccine" and/or "vaccinated" comes up quite a bit.

Whether or not you agree with how the lockdown is being implemented, or you think this is just the flu" or not, or you just want to watch all the older people die because of overloaded hospitals....where ever you lie on that spectrum, throwing around the newly minted buzz words (term) "herd immunity" isn't applicable and shows you don't know what you are talking about.
    I guess you would know better than knut wittkowski, you expert.

Here is an interesting observation I have made when I went out to the supermarket to get food for my family today: Old people don't care. 90% of the people in the supermarket were wearing masks and social distancing. The old people were not doing either. Not one had a mask. The store was packed. Here is another observation I have made when I was watching the news showing video of the Corona Virus plagued cruise ships coming to port. The passengers for the most part, were all old. They know we are in the middle of an epidemic but still chose to go on the one vehicle that will surely give them Covid and potentially kill them.

Old people know more about this than kids who are concerned about their pronouns.

More on the bullshit numbers: Death Count is Bullshit

Is the standard for returning to work, school, etc, that you have “papers” demonstrating that you’ve had the virus and have antibodies?

It’s being discussed. Can anyone defend this?

Think about how absurdly stupid that is. Don’t buy new masks, buy used masks from those actively infected. Lick the inside while running. Breath deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick. This is the opposite of a quarantine. It has permanently damaged the world's economy.
    That makes sense. I was always curious as to why they didn’t quarantine the entire human race when the astronauts came back from the moon.

What a difference a day makes:

Yesterdays peak projection was 3,130 daily deaths on April 16th.

This mornings peak projection is 2,212 on April12th.

That’s a 30% reduction in less that 24 hours.

Also cumulative deaths by August have been reduced from 80k to 60k.

So from millions to 200k to 60k. The policy makers must be so pleased with themselves...

God dammit! These assholes keep changing the prediction! It's almost like the lockdown is reducing the contagion. If things don't degenerate to the levels in Bergamo or Madrid I'm going to be really pissed!🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    That makes sense. I was always curious as to why they didn’t quarantine the entire human race when the astronauts came back from the moon.

An obvious oversight that will be corrected if the government actually manages to ever get back to the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    God dammit! These assholes keep changing the prediction! It's almost like the lockdown is reducing the contagion. If things don't degenerate to the levels in Bergamo or Madrid I'm going to be really pissed!��
    Learn to use the quote function. Then, learn to think more clearly.

starting strength coach development program
    Could the numbers reported be lower than the actual numbers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/J_CD_T/st...977867/photo/1