starting strength gym

Thread: The proof's in the puddin'...

Default The proof's in the puddin'...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Rip,

I've listened to podcasts and heard arguments against the model and program, etc. and I understand that you still get many, many comments from people who just don't get it. They just don't believe in the simplicity of adding 5 lbs per workout on the 5 main lifts and how that will incrementally improve strength - the most influential and "impactful" of all human adaptations.

My understanding is that Chase has been training with you a really long time (or HAD trained with you for a long time). Have you ever considered posting his numbers from when he started training with you, years ago, up to his current PR's? My assumption is that his numbers are pretty good. Maybe you wouldn't have to answer as many stupid responses and could just post the numbers over and over again and let them argue with the numbers. I thought this might be a way to just show these people what results will occur if/when they follow the program (or, even as you say, "Do AT the program") and follow the model over a period of time (years).

Just a thought,

Ryan

Let's ask Chase.

I believe my starting numbers were as follows: Squat 65lbs, Press 33lbs, Bench 75lbs, Deadlift 85lbs
    Now my numbers are: Squat 637lbs, Press 350lbs(in training), Bench 405lbs, Deadlift 675lbs, and Powerclean 150kg. This is what training consistently for 10 years has done for me. Not where I want to be but I'm still working on it.

That's about what I figured. It’s proof of consistent, incremental progress over the long term - no gimmicks, gizmos or complicated programming; just adding weight little by little on the 5 lifts over 10 years. Thanks for sharing.

How do you keep your waist so trim, chase?

If I were to wear my belt that tight I would probably bust an O-ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    How do you keep your waist so trim, chase?

If I were to wear my belt that tight I would probably bust an O-ring.
    It's amazing what happens when Rip gets a hold of someone young and one that listens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Let's ask Chase.
    can we ask Chase his height and weight?
    good work there Chase.

I'm 6'1 at a BW of 245

starting strength coach development program
    Chase, if you're still around...

A portion of your log is displayed in Delgadillo's Nov 16, 2017, piece, The 330 lb Press:...., and it consists of 5s, triples, doubles, singles and a handful of assistance organized into a 4-Day TM Split. The simplicity is a thing of beauty.

Is your programming much different now?

Thanks.