starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting Strength Franchise Gyms are closed

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ray and SS.... I hope you are able to take advantage of this shit situation by highlighting that second to last paragraph.... Come to south Tampa and open up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    All- Here's an excerpt you might be interested in from our latest newsletter to franchise prospects:

But what can we do to thrive once the country re-opens? Yesterday our rulers decreed that we may be able to open our "non-essential" businesses soon - depending on the city and state. Sarcasm aside, we now at least have a clear indication of how the gyms will be required to operate once they do open. Read more, here.

The bad news? Dates will vary state by state and potentially so will each Governor's approach to implementation.

The good news? When you squat on your own platform in a Starting Strength Gym, you are adhering to "strict physical distancing" automatically. And all we have in our gyms are platforms - no treadmills, exercise bikes, or yoga mats. In addition to that, we have no more than 75 people in the gym on a given day - and no more than 15 at a time (which may be reduced to 10). My point? Starting Strength Gyms will become some of the most "post-Covid" friendly gyms in the country. We plan on communicating this in our marketing.

Instead of focusing on the risks of the unknown, we are going to spend our time getting creative, having fun, and figuring out how to turn this problem into an opportunity. Other than that, the other most useful way to spend our time right now is by getting stronger so that our bodies are better prepared to fight off a Covid-induced cytokine storm. The "stronger people are harder to kill" message has never been as painfully obvious as it is now.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

mpalios, I would love to have a gym there. I'd be able to send my dad down from Fort Myers so he can stop wasting time on an exercise bike and a "bench" machine. We have several prospects in Florida, let's see what happens when the dust settles.

All- Update on our re-opening plan. Denver will be up and running for 1:1 training, this coming Monday, April 27. Jay expects to be able to resume group training the following week.

The Texas orders expire one week from today and the gym owners there will re-open unless explicitly prohibited from doing so.

It feels great to have the community's support - we very much appreciate you all taking time to write to us.

Starting Strength Coach

All gyms are scheduled to re-open by May 18th! It's been an emotional and uncertain couple of months, but we will adapt to this stress and become stronger.

I’m in the middle of a SS Dead Zone (Memphis, TN). No coaches or gyms within about 200 miles or so. If I happened to be in Dallas, Houston, Denver, etc... and wanted to drop in to one of the affiliates for a session or two is that possible?

I had some rough edges before COVID-19 and I’m sure not training for 2 months hasn’t helped! I’d love to throw some business to the SS gyms themselves due to the overhead costs and the mandated lack of clientele over the past weeks.

I know you guys have a business model to follow too, so if it’s not in the cards, I completely understand.

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    If I happened to be in Dallas, Houston, Denver, etc... and wanted to drop in to one of the affiliates for a session or two is that possible?
    Frank, thank you for the support. Drop me a line when you make your travel plans and I will connect you to the gym owner in whichever city you prefer. It’s my first name @startingstrengthgyms.com

They’d be happy to have you and we’d love to hear about your experience. Record a video to entertain those of us that don’t have access to an SS Gym, if you don’t mind the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Frank, thank you for the support. Drop me a line when you make your travel plans and I will connect you to the gym owner in whichever city you prefer. It’s my first name @startingstrengthgyms.com

They’d be happy to have you and we’d love to hear about your experience. Record a video to entertain those of us that don’t have access to an SS Gym, if you don’t mind the attention.
    Thanks Ray! It might be a few weeks/months before my normal travel resumes, but I’ll reach out when the time comes. I may also try to hit up a seminar in one of those locations if I can squeeze it in. Gyms are allowed to reopen near me, but most of them haven’t done so yet. I’m hoping I’ll be squatting next week. If so, I’ll send a video!

Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    As of today, all Starting Strength Gyms have re-opened. Thanks again to our members for making sure that these temporary closures didn't become permanent and for helping us ensure that coaches weren't harmed financially.

Thanks also to our friends on the forum for sharing encouragement, support, and for offering to help. I wrote about our vision for the future, here. We are going to keep opening new gyms, but with an explicit focus outside of the top 10 major metropolitan markets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123